Well....can the Sox play year round?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Well....can the Sox play year round?

This just in from RealGM.com:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214454/Source_Owners_Will_Push_For_$45_Million_Hard_Cap_Once_Lockout_Begins

Interesting read!  I think the players are basically up the creek here!
    Do they lose a third of their salary now, or in the future?  Are you "grandfathered" in?  Seems to me that  with KG at about 18, Ray at 10, Rondo at 9 and Pierce at 13 - we are already over.  Even with KG at 12, Ray at 7, Rondo at 6 and Pierce at 9.5, that is 34 mill, JON at 3.7 makes it about 38 mill for 5 players.  7 players for  7 mill?  Not happening.

Lakers - koME at 30 and Gasol at 16 and they're already over.
    Rollback - koME at 20, Gasol at 11 and Bynum at 9 - that's 40 mil on three players!!

It'll be like football, no more dynasties, and great parity throughout the league.  I fear the owners will not cave on this............is it baseball season??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Well....can the Sox play year round?

...very interesting Red....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Well....can the Sox play year round?

Everything that I have read and heard about the new CBA is very discouraging.
    It is definitely a good possibility that their won't be an NBA season next year. The NFL still hasn't settled but they are a lot closer to settling their differences.
    I am very optimistic that we will have the NFL next season.   The NBA is an entirely different story.  We should start hearing and reading more about this in the next few weeks.