We're Sorry NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: We're Sorry NBA

exactly how i feel, except the Celtics are going somewhere........to a Title!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Hey, I  like the post, but I feel Van Gundy and Jackson gave us our due respect.  They also trashed koME for his taking  29 shots and doing too much iso.  Stern is useless, so I hope he gets his.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Mark Jackson did the worst waffling 180 ever.  First he says pau is soft and kobe has to do it himself.  Then he blames kobe for doing it himself.

The more I hear that guy the more I wish the nba would bring back the glove to do commentary.  That's how bad mark jackson is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I agree about Mark Jackson, hes terrible, blind and a kiss up.

Breen clearly is a Lakers fan, we've seen that over the years but at least his play-by-play seems balanced. Discussion wise, hes always leaning to Lakers..not a biggie to me though.

Jackson another story. We all view the same bad calls by refs and most of the time Jackson will agree with a refs obvious bad call. He fawns over Kobe and bottom line... Jackson cant be counted on to give a fair account of the game.

I like Jeff Van Gundy. He usually calls it straight and voices his opinions even when the other two nitwits are against him.  He gives great insights to the game and seems objective, unlike the other two.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

What the heck do you think the world thinks of Tommy, when they catch him on an NBA TV game.

Waffle?  He sounds like Scrambled Eggs!

Embarassed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't know what broadcast you were listening to but the bias towards LA is sickening.  Tommy is the Celtic color man that is what he is supposed to do.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Van Gundy keeps the group balanced.  I know there is a bias toward the lakers - Jackson kept calling it "man-style" ball when koME started taking over.  But they love Ray also (one of the greatest shooters ever).  And they said they all love Perk (understands his role better than anyone in the league).    To me, it just seemed we got MORE respect than before.  Not equal, but more equal than its' been in a while.
    Hubie should do our games.  He is so good, and so knowledgeable, he is only on a team of two!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Man, go to any teams forums and you'll find some fans doing the exact same thing - crying about how the nba/david stern/announcers don't like their team.  good lord it sounds so sad.  why not just be happy with the fact that your team just beat it's biggest rival?  i watched the game and i heard the announcers fawning over players on both the celtics and the lakers. 

seriously, did you not hear them rambling on about how great pierce was playing?  and he was.  but what even makes you think they're all about LA...because they compliment kobe? 

go back to watching the biased home-town broadcasts, they're there for fans like you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA:
    [QUOTE]Man, go to any teams forums and you'll find some fans doing the exact same thing - crying about how the nba/david stern/announcers don't like their team.  good lord it sounds so sad.  why not just be happy with the fact that your team just beat it's biggest rival?  i watched the game and i heard the announcers fawning over players on both the celtics and the lakers.  seriously, did you not hear them rambling on about how great pierce was playing?  and he was.  but what even makes you think they're all about LA...because they compliment kobe?  go back to watching the biased home-town broadcasts, they're there for fans like you.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't think the announcers are that biased, at least not in yesterdays game. Plenty of praise for the Cs, but apparently not enough for some.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]Man, go to any teams forums and you'll find some fans doing the exact same thing - crying about how the nba/david stern/announcers don't like their team.  good lord it sounds so sad.  why not just be happy with the fact that your team just beat it's biggest rival?  i watched the game and i heard the announcers fawning over players on both the celtics and the lakers.  seriously, did you not hear them rambling on about how great pierce was playing?  and he was.  but what even makes you think they're all about LA...because they compliment kobe?  go back to watching the biased home-town broadcasts, they're there for fans like you.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]
    You see those of us who recognize the bias in the officiating and the announcing have a right to complain on our forum. Now you come and tell us to read other forums...why should we? Let me make this simple so that even YOU can understand....this is a CELTIC FORUM...get it? This is where we complain, criticize, congratulate etc....if you have an issue please go and read those other threads that you felt the need to inform us about. I don't read the Boston Globe to find out what's going on with the Washington Wizards...in other words, please don't come on this forum telling us to read other forums. We're at the right forum...I think you're the one who'd lost.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : You see those of us who recognize the bias in the officiating and the announcing have a right to complain on our forum. Now you come and tell us to read other forums...why should we? Let me make this simple so that even YOU can understand....this is a CELTIC FORUM...get it? This is where we complain, criticize, congratulate etc....if you have an issue please go and read those other threads that you felt the need to inform us about. I don't read the Boston Globe to find out what's going on with the Washington Wizards...in other words, please don't come on this forum telling us to read other forums. We're at the right forum...I think you're the one who's lost.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

From a Laker fan's standpoint, JVG is biased against the Lakers. Not Heinsohn-like bias, but he does have a tough time complimenting the Lakers for anything on the court.

Regardless, congrats on the win, Celtics fans. Hopefully the Lakers eventually treat these games with the same sense of urgency as everyone else.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : You see those of us who recognize the bias in the officiating and the announcing have a right to complain on our forum. Now you come and tell us to read other forums...why should we? Let me make this simple so that even YOU can understand....this is a CELTIC FORUM...get it? This is where we complain, criticize, congratulate etc....if you have an issue please go and read those other threads that you felt the need to inform us about. I don't read the Boston Globe to find out what's going on with the Washington Wizards...in other words, please don't come on this forum telling us to read other forums. We're at the right forum...I think you're the one who'd lost.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, brilliant post man.  You really told me.  I especially liked the part about how many eggs you eat for breakfast.  Captivating post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : I agree. I don't think the announcers are that biased, at least not in yesterdays game. Plenty of praise for the Cs, but apparently not enough for some.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

It's the same thing on the Lakers forums too.  They talk about how everyone hates Kobe, and how the announcers just LOVE to see LA fail.  The real bias is in local commentary, which makes sense. Annoying, but still makes sense.  Chick Hearn used to call it straight.  man I miss him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

That's what bill walton said about chick last night.  Said that chick paid the ultimate respect to bill russell.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

HERES WHAT I SAW..   two times down... in a row...kg gets pushed from behind...(bynum) yup nothin... then rondo drives the lane...foul but ...nothin... now goin up the other end.... kobi literally pushes rondo 5 feet back with his shoulder...then shoots ...(def.offensive foul...) but you guessed it foul on rondo...next time down kobi does some jumpin in the air crap off to the side and yup...shack gets the foul...   same as last year in the finals... can stand the refereeing...its sickening...it ruins it.. so i watch something else...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Sadly those who think the league has no bias for the Lakers and Heat do not see it and never will. It is wasted breath.  Laker fans are like the town their team plays in, casual, relaxed and entitled.  They really feel the Lakers and all the breaks they get from the league are just part of the deal they have.  All other teams in Los Angeles have been failures for years. How many cities  as big as LA have lost not one but two professional football teams.

LA fans are not passionate about anything but this Laker team, that has thanks to Magic, Kareem, Shaq and Kobe bucked the trend of loserdom that is pervasive in Los Angeles.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Did you see that non-foul, where Rondo fell on his butt, but LA picked up the foul anyway.  I don't argue that fans tend to see what they want to see.  I only argue the validity of what they see. 

I know when I watch a Laker game, I tend to see all the calls that LA gets shafted on.  And when people come here and act like it's so obvious, man you guys are just being ignorant.  I have friends who are celtics fans, who know the calls usually end up washing out.  Hedley always says that the home team gets the calls, and I think that's about all you can say for league bias. 

This whole paranoid and juvenile theory that the league/stern has it out for the Celtics is just absurd. 

If the league had it out for Boston, they'd be 0-82 every year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

And concord, let's talk about fans that feel entitled.  How about fans of the team that's won the most titles, acting like the league is against them.  That's a real feeling of entitlement. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Did you see that non-foul, where Rondo fell on his butt, but LA picked up the foul anyway.  I don't argue that fans tend to see what they want to see.  I only argue the validity of what they see.  I know when I watch a Laker game, I tend to see all the calls that LA gets shafted on.  And when people come here and act like it's so obvious, man you guys are just being ignorant.  I have friends who are celtics fans, who know the calls usually end up washing out.  Hedley always says that the home team gets the calls, and I think that's about all you can say for league bias.  This whole paranoid and juvenile theory that the league/stern has it out for the Celtics is just absurd.  If the league had it out for Boston, they'd be 0-82 every year.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

You seem to point out the ONE I remember when RR fell. Maybe you saw KOBE stick his shoulder into Pierce not once, but twice on the same play and guess who got the foul called on the.  Next time down the court KOBE runs right thru PP chest. Foul on KOBE, not hardly.  Switch to Ray, Kobe elbows him to get free, no call, next time Kobe sticks his shoulder into Ray to free his shot, no call.  BTW this is a 5 minute span in the 4th quarter. No need to go on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I don't complain about calls - there were some "gifts" to us.  However, koME lowered his shoulder twice on the same drive to Pierce, then HE got fouled?  Nope, no way!   Still happy we won, but he and MeBron get a lot of calls.

Also lot a respect for Derek "the flop" Fisher. He is the anti-Kobe to me.  Kobe - great basketball player, despicable human being.  Fisher - nice guy, moved to LA for his daughter, BUT - can't cut it anymore, can't cover anyone anymore, so he is now the flop king.  Even the announcers said he should have won an academy award!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jofc,
    I don't care about the Lakers.  I am a Celtic fan.  I would never post there.  Why do you post here?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]HERES WHAT I SAW..   two times down... in a row...kg gets pushed from behind...(bynum) yup nothin... then rondo drives the lane...foul but ...nothin... now goin up the other end.... kobi literally pushes rondo 5 feet back with his shoulder...then shoots ...(def.offensive foul...) but you guessed it foul on rondo...next time down kobi does some jumpin in the air crap off to the side and yup...shack gets the foul...   same as last year in the finals... can stand the refereeing...its sickening...it ruins it.. so i watch something else...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE] It appered that way to me also.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]Jofc, I don't care about the Lakers.  I am a Celtic fan.  I would never post there.  Why do you post here?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Why do you care where I post?

And Celtics fans care about the Lakers more than anyone outside of LA.  You guys have a ferocious need to stick to them.  Evidenced by how many Lakers threads are started, not by Lakers fans, but by Celtics fans on these boards. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : Why do you care where I post? And Celtics fans care about the Lakers more than anyone outside of LA.  You guys have a ferocious need to stick to them.  Evidenced by how many Lakers threads are started, not by Lakers fans, but by Celtics fans on these boards. 
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Respectfully disagree.  I think two things:
    1.  No matter who won the title, we would care.  We want the title back, the lakers are in the way, they are the champs.  If SA were the champs, threads would be started about the Spurs.....that is, of course, my opinion.
    2.  Having lived on both coasts, I can assure you, lakers fans care more about beating the Celtics than the other way around.  I personally don't care a whit who we beat in the Finals as long as we win.  All the radio personalities out here say it's "better" because we beat the Celtics.  Even Mychal Thompson TODAY on the radio called us the "Green Meanies" or something like that.  On the LA Times, "green slime", "ceptics" are terms readily seen.  Fact is lakers FANS feel entitled and don't like it when they lose.  "How dare the Celtics beat us?"  is the attitude.  There are exceptions, like you, but for the most part, after 4 years out here, I am less than impressed with lakers fans.

Next thing you know someone will come on here and say, "we would have won if we had Matt Barnes."