Were the Heat that Good or were the Mavs that Bad?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Were the Heat that Good or were the Mavs that Bad?

During the past 12-hours, since the Heat blew out the Mavs, I have listened to analyst after analyst anoint the Heat 2012 world champs.

Hold the Press!

While checking scores a few minute ago, I saw the Mavs were getting blown out by the Denver Nuggets.

Question, do you think the Heat were that good last night, or do you think the Mavs were that bad? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Were the Heat that Good or were the Mavs that Bad?

The Mavs were the best team in the NBA last year, not this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

A little bit of both - if Lebron is gonna play like that, the Heat would have won it all last year and should win it all this year. They are the favorites and that's fair but they are NOT unbeatable due to their still unproven mental makeup. A number of teams will have a shot and right now I'll put the Celts in that group.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

The Mavs of this year is very different from the Mavs of last year. Tyson Chandler, JJ Barea, and DeShawn Stevenson are all key players no longer with the Mavs this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

The Mavs are still drowning in their champagne pool from last year's finals. They are once again "rookies" in defending their crown, which is a whole new different ball game than trying to win one for the first time. Add to the fact that when they won it all, they were already one of the older team in the league, and they aren't getting younger.

The Heat looks to be an awesome team, but as in earlier posts mentioned, they are not unbeatable, with no top shelf center and point guard. The only team to get away with that so far is the Jordan-era Bulls. On the other hand, the entire league is so watered down that they could win it all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Were the Heat that Good or were the Mavs that Bad?:
    [QUOTE]The Mavs of this year is very different from the Mavs of last year. Tyson Chandler, JJ Barea, and DeShawn Stevenson are all key players no longer with the Mavs this year.
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

Agree with you that the Mavs are definitely not the same team.  Without Chandler and some of the other key pieces of their championship team they won't be anywhere close to last year's team.  Although, the Heat is definitely a better team than last year and will be the favorites to win the Eastern Conference this year.  I still really dislike the Heat and won't have a different opinion of them this year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Seeing us as competitive with the Heat is realistic.  Tonight however is a different story.  The frontrunning Heat in their home opener with a Pierceless Celtics is going to be a tall order.  The Celtics need to find some answers and be patient until healthy.  Garnett should not play over thirty minutes and Bass and others should be leaned on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Seeing us as competitive with the Heat is realistic.  Tonight however is a different story.  The frontrunning Heat in their home opener with a Pierceless Celtics is going to be a tall order.  The Celtics need to find some answers and be patient until healthy.  Garnett should not play over thirty minutes and Bass and others should be leaned on.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Good post.  Let's hope it happens!  But, I predict (and would likely agree with it) that if the game is a tight one with about 7 or 8 minutes to go, it will be Bass and Garnett in the game and Garnett will go the rest of the way because Doc will not risk losing without his best player on the floor.  He will run Garnett into the ground if a win is possible at the end.

Mavs and Heat - it was all said above - Mavs not as good (don't underestimate the help JJ and Chandler gave them) and the Heat are better (better personnel, a year to gel, more focus).  Heat wouldn't blow them out by mid-season but Heat will still be better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

as a heat fan, i think there are a few factors to consider from the first game
    A. the finals, enough said
    B. dallas has been a huge monkey on our backs for a very, very long time now...we have always played poorly against them since about the time they got dirk...they are the champs and there is only one way to climb to the top and that is to sh*t all over the champs and let them know whats up
    C. jordan took 8 seasons to win a crown, to have gained the knowledge, know how, toughness, and of course god given talent combined with luck and other good seasons from your teammates...lebron is in year 8...just saying...
    D. i actually believe the heat made a mistake by not playing joel anthony more than they did, but from a bench capacity because of the energy he provides with his defensive presense...
    E. health is everything and good luck tonight, celts fans

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Were the Heat that Good or were the Mavs that Bad? : It only took Jordan 7 seasons to win a championship.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    ah, my bad...good luck tonight...i wish pierce was playing/healthy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

It is almost like Cuban wanted to tank the season! Trading key piece after key piece. I am certain season ticket holders are getting a bit antsy!