WEST should be guarding WADE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

WEST should be guarding WADE

Sorry. I am a huge fan of Ray Allen's, but he just can't stay with Wade. It is time to put a pesky defender like West on him from time to time. Doc needs to use that bench to eat up some fouls, play hard quick minutes and spell his starters; just not all at once like he likes to do. Hoping for the best tomorrow. Go Cs. Would love to see another game at the Garden.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: WEST should be guarding WADE

Insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result.  This series has really exposed Doc...I've lost faith in him, not the players or this great franchise. I hope I'm wrong and that a one armed point guard is the road to salvation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

In Response to Re: WEST should be guarding WADE:
    [QUOTE]Adjustments need to be made throughout the course of a game. And the lack of it by the Cs costs them chances at winning. Look at the game 3 adjustment: KG moved closer to the paint and it paid off. Last night, he went right back out above the foul line and relied on jumpers. That was not going to get it done. BBD is not going to snap out of his funk. If this was the regular season, I would say sure let him play out of it. This is the playoffs and the Cs don't have that luxury. Green needs to play more than BBD. Put the egos aside. This is crunch time and you do whatever you have to to give your team its best chances at winning. And making adjustments surely would help do that. And what happened to JO in the 4th? Or Shaq? The middle needed to be clogged. Why was JO not in the game? He can block shots, get rebounds, and finish around the rim.  I am still hoping for the best. BUt they have to give themselves the best chance at winning by making some game 5 adjustments.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Doc apparently has no faith in his bench. He won't give his starters a blow. He's going out like that. For me it's a "what if" because I came up with Red and he was not afraid to substitute and try to find the hot hand. Which, as I write this, I realize might be an out-dated strategy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to WEST should be guarding WADE:
    [QUOTE]Sorry. I am a huge fan of Ray Allen's, but he just can't stay with Wade. It is time to put a pesky defender like West on him from time to time. Doc needs to use that bench to eat up some fouls, play hard quick minutes and spell his starters; just not all at once like he likes to do. Hoping for the best tomorrow. Go Cs. Would love to see another game at the Garden.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

I would too.  I really would too.  And like you, I was very impressed with West's defense on Wade.  Very gritty and inspired.  Would love to see more minutes of that, especially since we have 3 starting caliber guards and it wouldn't necessarily mean Ray has to sit much, especially with Rondo needing more rest than usual.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

West and Green, along with JO, have proven to be the only worthwhile guys outside of the big 4. Baby not being able to contribute in any way is directly contributing to KG being gassed. I'd be fine with us rolling with smaller lineups if it can continue to give wade fits. West has shown a lot of grit this series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Allen plays good defense on Wade, no one will totally shut Wade or James down.
    Just because he doesn't go for blocks and steals Allens defense is very underrated. Actually our defense was great yesterday, our offense stunk.

THEREFORE we have to give Allen more rest. Just Allen, West and one armed Rondo is not enough defense at the 1 and 2 position.

Wade, Chalmers, Bibby (and James when playing the PG) are so terrible handling the ball when pressed full court. Why don't we do that more often? At least we will take time from the clock and probably add some easy buckets from steals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

West should have been the startring point guard.