What adjustments would you make for Game 3?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

What adjustments would you make for Game 3?

I would put Krisitic on Big Z whenever he is in the game, even if that means he starts.

I make JO the focal point of the subs offense.( with a focus on posting up )

Make K.G. post up Bosh and back him into the paint.
    ( They are not deep in the front court, so put fouls on the guys they have to show Lebron and D-Wade that they can't win without big guys rebounding!)

Please play Von Wafer with Delonte in the backcourt! If you can get Von going he can SPARK your offense better than Delonte and Jeff Green!

I'll leave some suggestions for you guys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: What adjustments would you make for Game 3?

I don't think its the subs and while I might try Wafer for a short while, I would have a VERY short leash with him.   What I would change is to put Rondo on Wade for most possessions and put Ray on either Bibby or Chalmers.  neither is very fast or athletic and Rondo, if focused, will be faster on Wade.  Wade can post him up but I like Wade shooting jumpers instead of driving.

I'd play the team of KG on Bosh, JON or Shaq on whoever they have as a center, Green on Lebron, Paul on Wade, and Rondo on their guard.   I'd do this for several periods of the game.  

Another change is that I'd start the offense with Pierce more often to keep Rondo from throwing the "hero" pass that gets stolen a lot.  That will slow the game, but that's ok.  And, when he starts that, I'd be force feeding our bigs so that Wade or Lebron starts to help....freeing up Paul and Wade.

I also would keep Pierce on Lebron one on one as long as I could and have Lebron prove he can shoot jumpers and hit as many shots as game 2 (I'm betting he won't hit that many of those same shots, again).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: What adjustments would you make for Game 3?:
    [QUOTE]I don't think its the subs and while I might try Wafer for a short while, I would have a VERY short leash with him.   What I would change is to put Rondo on Wade for most possessions and put Ray on either Bibby or Chalmers.  neither is very fast or athletic and Rondo, if focused, will be faster on Wade.  Wade can post him up but I like Wade shooting jumpers instead of driving. I'd play the team of KG on Bosh, JON or Shaq on whoever they have as a center, Green on Lebron, Paul on Wade, and Rondo on their guard.   I'd do this for several periods of the game.   Another change is that I'd start the offense with Pierce more often to keep Rondo from throwing the "hero" pass that gets stolen a lot.  That will slow the game, but that's ok.  And, when he starts that, I'd be force feeding our bigs so that Wade or Lebron starts to help....freeing up Paul and Wade. I also would keep Pierce on Lebron one on one as long as I could and have Lebron prove he can shoot jumpers and hit as many shots as game 2 (I'm betting he won't hit that many of those same shots, again).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    I like it!  Especially the Rondo on Wade move...Ray just cant keep up, and then it takes from his offense..and we need that.. We have to slow down wade and keep him from penetrating at will.. its been too easy for him. do that and we win the next game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I like Rondo defending Wade too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Find ANY WAY and EVERY WAY to win that game. Period!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

The recipe for everyone is strong drives to the hoop for slams!
    Refs don't reward weakshet!

I also don't want Rondo taking the jumper anymore, call for a pick and get to the line.
    I'd love to see Pierce on the low block against Wade, Wade panicks against taller guys on the low block and reaches in for fouls.( he tries to take charges from the mid post and high post)

Pierce and Garnett pick n rolls are also in order!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]The recipe for everyone is strong drives to the hoop for slams! Refs don't reward weakshet! I also don't want Rondo taking the jumper anymore, call for a pick and get to the line. I'd love to see Pierce on the low block against Wade, Wade panicks against taller guys on the low block and reaches in for fouls.( he tries to take charges from the mid post and high post) Pierce and Garnett pick n rolls are also in order!
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]
    All good points.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Petey said it in a post yesterday. Sub Green and Delonte in earlier. Hopefully Shaq will be back which will shake the lineup up also. The C's are still in the series. Obviously they have to win the next 2 in Boston and hopefully steal game 5 in Miami. The C's need to take control of this series starting tomorrow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Only play Green and Delonte with the starters in various shifts. Give Glen Davis less leeway, and make sure the other players don't defer to him. Put an emphasis on setting real, hard picks. No more crappy, lax hedge screens, where players are obviously only looking for their own shots (glen)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

The only two adjustments I will make are "Willingness" and "Commitment" to win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

All the points have merit. Doc should not have waited this long to see which of them worked.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

make sure rondo and ticket know we're dead if they don't take advantage of their considerable matchup advantages and that the heat will be if they do.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

[QUOTE]Shaq - 15 minutes, six very hard fouls on Lebron and Wade. 
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]
    lol

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainAmericaErrol. Show CaptainAmericaErrol's posts

game 3 and 4 is ours guarantee....go celtics

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from richardkc. Show richardkc's posts

[QUOTE]Shaq - 15 minutes, six very hard fouls on Lebron and Wade. 
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]
    i like this . PLUS 8 points ,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this separately as a new topic but it seems a good copy & paste here and I agree with many above posts about defense but my comments relate to offense as our big 3 have been outscored at least 2-1 by their big 3.

KG must try to emulate as much as possible Dirk Nowitski !!!

The Bruins have eased the pain a bit of the Celtics 2 losses and the Red Sox mediocrity so far this year.  But, as a Laker hater, living in SF & watching them in person beat the Golden State Warriors frequently and most other west coast teams on TV, I have delighted in watching them lose almost as much as I would have watching the Celtics win.  If we do get to the finals, it'll save us the ignominy, although revenge would be very sweet, of them beating us again. I'm still despondent about game 7 last year & blowing a 13 pt lead as foul shot disparity of 41 to 17 was instrumental in their victory.  Although we've beaten them 9 out of 11 times we've met in the finals, we've won 17 titles and they 15 so they would be 1 behind us. And to read in west coast papers about their 3 peat would be very painful. I'm still convinced that if any team can come back from 0-3, that this Laker team can especially getting Artest back & getting Gasol to play as well as Bynum and Odom have.

Can KG study the films of the 1st 3 games & try as best as mentally & physically possible to emulate Dirk Nowitzki !  Ok, Dirk is younger and stronger so a better rebounder & a very good 3 pt shooter(last good 7 ft shooter was Rasheed). But in the perimeter they are similar so KG must shoot more, 20-25 times per game. He's as accurate as Dirk, I think.  Dirk too was fouled a lot and he is a pretty darn good foul shooter as is KG so continue to shoot and being fouled get an easy 2.  Although in the last game KG tried a fade away jumper and LeBron blocked it after we tied game 80-80, he stopped. LeBron is a great athlete & timed the defense perfectly but he's not a 6-11, 7 footer as Gasol, Bynum & Odom and Dirk makes his fade aways over them frequently. And when Dirk was doubled teamed, he passed out to 3 very good perimeter shooters, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd and Peja Stojakovic.  Naturally, passing the ball out to Pierce and Allen, we need them to make their 3s/2s etc. If the Celtics spread the floor whipping the ball around, Rondo to do so as does Jason Kidd, Miami will lose its coverage.

Am I dreaming ?  Can KG be our Nowitzki ??? I certainly hope so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Charlie Sheen advice=  WINNING!