What Brad Stevens should do with this squad..

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: What Brad Stevens should do with this squad..

You'll undoubtedly troll this board till 2am, like you do every night, and I don't have the time or patience to school you anymore, sonnyboy.  You're too slow.  I've got better things to do tonight.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

Personally, I want to see Bradley and Brooks go hard at each other in practice. One has a ton of offensive skill, the other a ton of defensive skill. I also think Bradley will come back new & improved after finally having a full healthy offseason to work on his game.

As for Stevens, I think he should have flexible line-ups, based on mismatches. I want to see us out-defend the better offensive teams out there, and out score the better defensive teams. What I mean is that I want to see a Rondo/Bradley lockdown defensive backcourt when going against teams like Golden State that depend heavily on their guards for offense. Conversely, when we go against teams like Indianna who rely more on their front-court for offensive production, I want to see Brooks start with Rondo and I want see them be the top scorers that night.

Thanks to the Culture of Ticket, I think we have a lot of two way players on this team. I'd say Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass and Jeff Green and certainly two way players. Brandon locked down Melo as good as anyone during the playoffs, and Jeff has matched up pretty well against Lebron in the past. I want to see that continue. I think Courtney Lee will have a lot more freedom to get back to what he does well and I expect a bounce back year.

I'm also not so down on Jordan Crawford. Doc was a horrible coach to him last year. "Just score" is not a coaching technique. I think Jordan is a competitor and will compete hard with Marshon for that 6th man role. May the better player win!

Good points R9R.

But I expect the Celtics to be offensively very weak.  I think the strength of the Celtics will be defense.  They will come to play hard every night.  That will be both good and bad for Brooks.  Bad because his weakness will be dramatically exposed. Good because he is one of the few scorers on the team.  Ultimately I think he is a role player... an Eddie House Jr.. 

Crawford is a wild card. I agree that he never got a fair shake with Doc. He does have offense but I'm not sure he has a basketball brain.

Bradley should be our starting SG until he proves that he can't score.  I think Lee is second off the bench, then Crawford, then Brooks.  Musical chairs until someone owns it (until the draft).

Brooks averages 12.5ppg in his rookie season. He's entering his 3rd season. I think all that stuff about that he can't defend is overated..Players get better each season people and he's 6'5 and very athletic what's the problem?? Bad attitude or maybe 2 bad coaches who doesn't believed in him last year?? You choose!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

You either can't comprehend or admit your wrong. Probably both. The reason is that Ainge COULD NOT BUILD A COMPETITIVE TEAM.  We had no trade bait except Rondo who was injured, we had no cap space to sign quality FA and Danny isn't about to trade his first rounders in a multi-year rebuild effort.  There is no reason to work on the bench when you don't even have your starting positions in place.  Given the assets he has, Danny has no choice but to rebuild the team over two or three years.    Its stupid to think he would slightly improve the team this year only to hurt the nteam next year and extend the rebuild time. 

I can't comprehend?

HAHAHA

There were people here, like prakash, OneOnOne, and DFury, that thought KG and Pierce would still be wearing green next season.

DFury said Pierce and KG would return and the Celtics will be competitive because the Celtics raised their ticket prices. 

It would not make sense to raise ticket prices and the Celtics field a bad team.

Ainge had a choice.

Keep Pierce and his expiring contract and let KG play one more.

Or blow it up, like trading KG and Pierce.

Looks like Ainge opted for the latter.

Ainge could have kept Pierce and KG because Pierce has an expiring contract and the last year of KG's contract, 2014-15, is non-guaranteed.

So?

That would have meant a cap relief of 27.3m.

So?

Celtics could sign a max player next season.

And?

Right now it doesn't look like the Celts will have cap space to sign a big name free-agent next season because of Wallace's contract.

Like I said, Ainge is lying if he says he's not thinking about Andrew Wiggins in green next year.

Fierces wich free agents are you talking about we could sign Lebron? Melo? none of them would never choose Boston..You know that kid. I have to admit that I don't liked when Pierce got traded I honestly wanted to see him finish here. But that's all in the past bro. At least we got plenty of 1st round picks to play with in the near future. I want you to start talking about what we can do with this squad and please stop the non sense crying!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

You either can't comprehend or admit your wrong. Probably both. The reason is that Ainge COULD NOT BUILD A COMPETITIVE TEAM.  We had no trade bait except Rondo who was injured, we had no cap space to sign quality FA and Danny isn't about to trade his first rounders in a multi-year rebuild effort.  There is no reason to work on the bench when you don't even have your starting positions in place.  Given the assets he has, Danny has no choice but to rebuild the team over two or three years.    Its stupid to think he would slightly improve the team this year only to hurt the nteam next year and extend the rebuild time. 

I can't comprehend?

HAHAHA

There were people here, like prakash, OneOnOne, and DFury, that thought KG and Pierce would still be wearing green next season.

DFury said Pierce and KG would return and the Celtics will be competitive because the Celtics raised their ticket prices. 

It would not make sense to raise ticket prices and the Celtics field a bad team.

Ainge had a choice.

Keep Pierce and his expiring contract and let KG play one more.

Or blow it up, like trading KG and Pierce.

Looks like Ainge opted for the latter.

Ainge could have kept Pierce and KG because Pierce has an expiring contract and the last year of KG's contract, 2014-15, is non-guaranteed.

So?

That would have meant a cap relief of 27.3m.

So?

Celtics could sign a max player next season.

And?

Right now it doesn't look like the Celts will have cap space to sign a big name free-agent next season because of Wallace's contract.

Like I said, Ainge is lying if he says he's not thinking about Andrew Wiggins in green next year.

[/QUOTE]

Glad to see I am still on your mind.  Ther were those that thought the Spurs were the best team and also one that said about a thousand times "you cant win a title without averaging 40 rebounds a game."  Some of us said u could.  I guess we know who was right about that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think the people who said they could win were clearly correct.  They very well could have.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Eldunker

If you had common sense then you would have figured it out.

Every move Ainge made this offseason made the Celtics worse, not better.

Like Mployee said, the losses will come naturally.

Coach Stevens and the Celtic players will NOT tank, true.

Ainge did the tanking for them!

agreed!

the point is rondo isnt ready yet. green could score 20ppg but thats not enough. imagine the cavs, theyve got ton of potential players but they didnt make it to the playoffs.

the cavs also didnt actually tanking but they earned 1st overall pick, right?

you better compare the roster of cavs last year and celts today.

pretty obvious that the C's got more unproven and underachieving players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

The wild card with this transition wil be, obviously and as usual, Rondo.  If he can lead this team throught he next two seasons of difficulty then they can be back in the conversation in three years. That would be a great turn around.  But who knows?  We might be pleasantly surprised.  He could become the leader he never really had a chance to be with KG and PP.  As much as they said it was his team, they never answered to anyone, not even Doc.  And that's the way it should have gone regarding KG and PP.  

Coupled with the return from injury, it's going to be a very trying season for Rondo.  We're going to learn a lot about the character of this team, Rondo and Stevens in particular over these next two seasons.  I'm excited to see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

The wild card with this transition wil be, obviously and as usual, Rondo.  If he can lead this team throught he next two seasons of difficulty then they can be back in the conversation in three years. That would be a great turn around.  But who knows?  We might be pleasantly surprised.  He could become the leader he never really had a chance to be with KG and PP.  As much as they said it was his team, they never answered to anyone, not even Doc.  And that's the way it should have gone regarding KG and PP.  

Coupled with the return from injury, it's going to be a very trying season for Rondo.  We're going to learn a lot about the character of this team, Rondo and Stevens in particular over these next two seasons.  I'm excited to see.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/08/08/boston-celtics-salaries-and-analysis/

The biggest long-term issues for the Celtics are convincing Rondo to lead the rebuilding effort – which could be easier now that Brad Stevens has replaced Doc Rivers as coach – and the three years and $30 million remaining on Wallace’s deal.

Humphries’ contract comes off the books next summer, freeing up money to sign All-Star guard Rajon Rondo to an extension.

Wallace could end up being a very  expensive reserve. That could make him a candidate for the stretch provision, which allows teams to waive players and spread his salary over more years.  Next summer, the Celtics could waive Wallace and spread his remaining $20 million over five years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

I,m not familiar with college hoops.What kind of coach is Stevens? Half court or celtics ball style.I hope he is a fast break type of coach.Appear to be very smart.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Of course Brad Stevens and the players will not try to intentionally lose games.

But did Ainge try to make the Celtics a competitive team this coming season?

Answer: No!

That means the tanking started the moment Ainge traded KG and Pierce.

I do not watch college hoops.What kind of coach is coach Stevens? fast break,half court? I hope he likes to push the ball on fast breaks.

16. This post has been removed.