What can Brewer bring us?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: What can Brewer bring us?

In Response to Re: What can Brewer bring us?:
    [QUOTE]The more and more I think about Brewer, I love it; he is part of the Noah, Horford trioka that won back to back; he knows who is his, a team player; unselfish, and has skills. 
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]
    I don't see the reasoning of referencing Brewer's freshman year at college when he now has a 3 year NBA sample to review. He is the classic case of drafting a 19 year old freshman based on speculation/upside that did not pan out. 
    I always thought his physique didn't play in the NBA. I assume he could put on 25 lbs and not lose his athleticism. 
    Celt's need bodies. I prefer some one who is more seasoned and game ready than Murphy and Brewer. Lets see what Doc can do with them! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't see why we would need or want another 3/4 at this point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Hmm, I think you can definitely say Murphy is seasoned or even way beyond seasoned that could be suspected that he is on his downside.  Brewer is no question unseasoned and more of an unknown quantity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]Hmm, I think you can definitely say Murphy is seasoned or even way beyond seasoned that could be suspected that he is on his downside.  Brewer is no question unseasoned and more of an unknown quantity.
    Posted by scubber[/QUOTE]
    Murphy hasn't played a playoff game EVER, and hasn't been on the court in a competitive game yet this year! (meaning 2011)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Then it depends what you mean by seasoned.  He has not played this year because he was traded to a new team and the new coach does not think highly of him.  Surely, if he has not played in any playoff game ever, does that mean he could not do well in a playoff game after more than 11 years in the league averaging almost double double?  Superstar or even semi-star, he is not, and maybe he has really lost his form, who knows, but I sort of think he will do fine for the little that Doc and the Celtics will ask of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]it is a good question. Brewer was a very high draft choice, is still very young, yet could not find a place on a very poor TWolves roster. In addition, while he is supposed to be a good defender, the Knicks, who have yet to play defense this year, seemingly are willing to let him go for nothing. Why aren't the Knicks saying "who will cover LBJ or PP in the playoffs when Melo needs a rest"? Two teams in need of a defender are giving up on a 24 year old. On this Celtic team, assuming health, I don't think Brewer is in Doc's 9 man playoff rotation. Perhaps the Celts are thinking for down the road with this guy? 
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

In a very weak draft Brewer was a mid-first round pick.  Why post erroneous information to support your perspective when it is very simply not true.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

7th pick is a mid first?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Scubber, the Dud isn't very good with numbers - other than points scored.  He's a Knicks fan, which explains a lot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Corey Brewer if he can defend looks like he is worth the risk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

He is abrasive but he is not without substance.  But is it laziness or just pure intention to sometimes believe in misinformation?  And then chewing out others with the very incorrect facts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Brewer has never played on a good team - he must be jumping out of his skin

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]Brewer has never played on a good team - he must be jumping out of his skin
    Posted by BoylestonBB[/QUOTE]
    But that Knicks need wing defenders and also need to restock their roster for next year. Does it say anything that the Knicks are keeping K Azubuike and Andy Rautins over Brewer?
    Does it mean anything that the Nets prefered Johan Petro to back up Lopez, or prefered K Humphries and T Outlaw over Murphy at PF aned SF respectively? To the point that the Nets told Murphy to stay home?
    The GS Warriors are trying to turn over the roster like crazy. They are playing for nothing the rest of this year. Wouldn't they have even tried Murphy and Lee as outside/inside at the expense of Biedrins?
    I think the C's are getting roster filler, yet the postings make it sound like they now have 3 additional all stars is Green, Murphy and maybe Brewer 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Brewer bring us? : But that Knicks need wing defenders and also need to restock their roster for next year. Does it say anything that the Knicks are keeping K Azubuike and Andy Rautins over Brewer? Does it mean anything that the Nets prefered Johan Petro to back up Lopez, or prefered K Humphries and T Outlaw over Murphy at PF aned SF respectively? To the point that the Nets told Murphy to stay home? The GS Warriors are trying to turn over the roster like crazy. They are playing for nothing the rest of this year. Wouldn't they have even tried Murphy and Lee as outside/inside at the expense of Biedrins? I think the C's are getting roster filler, yet the postings make it sound like they now have 3 additional all stars is Green, Murphy and maybe Brewer 
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Brewer is not a shooter, and he plays D.  Two things that make him expendable to the Knicks.  Remember, the coach is Mike Antoni - take out the D!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

You are right in a way, these are in a way fillers but they have possible value in small contribution they can make here and there. This is because we have a good team, while Murphy could be marginal starter on a bad team, he could be a good player in a second unit of a good team.  You can't argue with what the Nets and GS are doing, they are rebuidling, and Murphy as an aging veteran in that settings is a hindrence not a contributor.  They need to give playing time to develop young players, and position themselves for the lottery.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

No one says Murphy or Brewer are superstars but can you honestly rely on kamikaze Delonte West (perpetually hurt)?  Shaq and JO are both questionable contributors at best.  I'll take these guys and be happy they were available.  At worst, they are bodies for down the stretch and both have actually done something in this league as opposed Avery Bradley and the D-League stringbean who makes Camby look like Dwight Howard.      

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]No one says Murphy or Brewer are superstars but can you honestly rely on kamikaze Delonte West (perpetually hurt)?  Shaq and JO are both questionable contributors at best.  I'll take these guys and be happy they were available.  At worst, they are bodies for down the stretch and both have actually done something in this league as opposed Avery Bradley and the D-League stringbean who makes Camby look like Dwight Howard.      
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]
    I agree 100% with your comments. I only mention I would have prefered someone that could bang the boards and protect the rim (which is not Murphy). Brewer also does not address the West issue of injury, as Brewer is not a guard.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Corey Brewer also brings the poster where he dunked OVER Derek Fisher.

HAHAHA!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Brewer bring us? : Brewer is not a shooter, and he plays D.  Two things that make him expendable to the Knicks.  Remember, the coach is Mike Antoni - take out the D!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the insight Heddy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Brewer bring us? : I agree 100% with your comments. I only mention I would have prefered someone that could bang the boards and protect the rim (which is not Murphy). Brewer also does not address the West issue of injury, as Brewer is not a guard.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

I am not excited about Murphy, either. He's a body and there's always some value in that, I guess.  He can hit a jumper if he hasn't lost it all.

But, I'd love a stronger big who can defend if JON is out.  Krstic, Shaq, and Murphy are not strong defensive players.  

But, at least Doc has tools now and can mix + match for the situation.  He can run, he can slow down, he can put athletic defensive players out there.....and Brewer will help that flexibility. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Brewer is listed as a 2/3 and has played both.  Imagine the lineups Doc can throw out there with the 2nd unit.  True, Brewer offers no help as a ball handler but he could be a pretty good option to play the 2 or 3 with Delonte West at BU 1.  If Danny can get a true BU PG I think they could use one of those as well since West is a combo type. 

Lots of versatility in the lineup.       

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

So since we have Green and Delonte West as our shooting guard and small forward, would Brewer just back them up going over to play the two when Rondo sits and Delonte is running the offense? 

If that's right that gives us 3 deep at small forward and shooting guard. Would Brewer be willing to take such a cut in miutes though? 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

As brittle as half of the Cs are ....he'll find playing time!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

In Response to What can Brewer bring us?:
    [QUOTE]Rumors going on that c's are very interested in Brewer We know he can play defense and has no offense. But where can he find his spot in the rotation ? And will he get any minutes?
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

LISTEN: It doesnt seem that you know our team this year. CAN u say INJURIES, the more depth the better. The better in minutes for the starters, we are an older team.....we have no idea what the O'neals will bring, so krstic and murphy are needed.....getting Corey Brewer helps spell paul,we have players that can play multiple positions. That is an advantage in the playoffs. We got rid of 2 rookies and a player that wasnt going to play again this year...we have to fill those spots for sure. I like who they are after the celtics have thought this thru.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Defense is our signature, corey brewer delonte and jeff green, BBD off the bench. I call that defense. The offense of the bench wafer,murphy,west,green and bbd. How much more offense you need. Everyone that comes here need to know of role playing. Our fans need to understand that players that come here are not here to take starter spots,but to sub in.