What could have been.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

What could have been.

If Paul Pierce hadn't sit out some so far and probably sit out more to come there was a very good chance the C's would have had player of the week again this week. He started off with a 43 pt game and pretty much single handed kept the C's in the game with a bunch of tire players on our team, he follows that us with this line 29 pt, 14 assists, 5 rebounds and 2 steals to lead the team to a good win and take the Atlantic crown. (there was a lot of talk about Bass not being able to get open and score without Rondo but, Bass came up with 21 pts with the offense being ran mainly by Paul.) 

We could have KG player of the week followed up by Paul.  I guess these two "old" geezers can still bring it at the end of a condensed schedule at the end.  Maybe they are  not as washed up as people thought.  We also had a player of the month which isn't bad either. 

Rondo has stole much of the spotlight, and he deserves as much as he gets, but lets not forget a couple other guys along with Bradleys emergence.  If I am not mistaken we won quite a few game with RR out so this isn't a one dimensional team. Bottom line is it will take PP, KG, and Rondo, and the supporting cast of AB and RA and this team could very well be a team to be reckoned with. We also won a game against the Bobcats (I know they suck) without KG and PP.

Enjoy the ride Celtic fans and appreciate it. We have a team that a lot of guys contribute in different ways and it sure starting to look good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: What could have been.

THe Celtics get credit by many fans for being a good team but they don't get the attention of a Miami, OKC, Chicago, or Lakers because they are not dominated by Lebron/Wade, Durant, Rose, and Kobe.   So, many people just don't appreciate how good KG, Paul, Ray, Rondo, Bradley really are.  They are not "superstar" category so they get overlooked but when they are gone, we will all truly miss these guys like we missed McHale and Parish and others.   We are blessed with guys who are truly team ball players with great talents.

The Spurs, in my opinion, are much like the Celtics (perhaps better) in that people keep thinking they are old but they forget how many GOOD young players are playing with Duncan and how good Duncan still is.  People think Parker is old but the guy is in his prime.

Before the final changing of the guard, let's enjoy these Celtics.....they are truly a great group of professionals who truly know how to play team basketball and not too much "hero" basketball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Celtics remind me of the Patriots this year.

New players, new roles, noone predicted a super bowl finish.

Same for the C's. Green down. Oneal down. Wilcox down.

Moore, Stiemsma and Bradley, who are they?

Now we are looking at a team like the Dallas Mavericks of last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: What could have been.:
    [QUOTE]THe Celtics get credit by many fans for being a good team but they don't get the attention of a Miami, OKC, Chicago, or Lakers because they are not dominated by Lebron/Wade, Durant, Rose, and Kobe.   So, many people just don't appreciate how good KG, Paul, Ray, Rondo, Bradley really are.  They are not "superstar" category so they get overlooked but when they are gone, we will all truly miss these guys like we missed McHale and Parish and others.   We are blessed with guys who are truly team ball players with great talents. The Spurs, in my opinion, are much like the Celtics (perhaps better) in that people keep thinking they are old but they forget how many GOOD young players are playing with Duncan and how good Duncan still is.  People think Parker is old but the guy is in his prime. Before the final changing of the guard, let's enjoy these Celtics.....they are truly a great group of professionals who truly know how to play team basketball and not too much "hero" basketball.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

So very true.  Good post.

As Always,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: What could have been.:
    [QUOTE]Celtics remind me of the Patriots this year. New players, new roles, noone predicted a super bowl finish. Same for the C's. Green down. Oneal down. Wilcox down. Moore, Stiemsma and Bradley, who are they? Now we are looking at a team like the Dallas Mavericks of last year.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

I equate Doc's coaching greatness with Belichick.  Especially the coaching that he did in Friday's game.  Even though we lost, they played tremendously for mostly bench players and rookies.  You have to give Doc credit for this.  
    I have mentioned this many times, but imagine if we had for the entire season another center besides Jermaine.  We would have had the potential to be a much better team and could have won even more games. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Atlhough, i think Pierce sometimes likes the hero ball ....if he can maintain, and look for the open man, we can get better shots at the end of games...I know he did not have his loyal sidekick (Ra), but Bradley was wide open in the corner recently, and Pierce decided to shoot a fade away...But yes, these guys can still do it with the best, (when motivated)and they will be heard from at least one more time.
    As far as player of the week, months, whatever, this stuff means nothing in the playoffs.
    Reflecting back, i don't think Danny ever really was serious about trading them, but he needed to find some motivating factor for this last hurrah...Now if the right deal was laid on the table, im sure he gave it much consideration...We need PP, RA and KG to make this work...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillRKG. Show BillRKG's posts

what could have been is we could have had chris wilcox, jeff green coming off bench with brandon bass. david west and kevin garnet could've starting. that said avery bradley has been made allen getting injured look like a positive thing. Still injuries have really hurt the celtics depth. Not to mention JO, pietrus and keyon dooling all being hurt for a majority of the season

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

rondo for his 10+ assists for 20 something games should be player of the month of april....his assists were closer to 13-16 consistently than they were 10 or 11.  Somebody correct me, but I do believe his streak is still going even though he prob won't play again until the playoffs.  Too bad cause I think he needed like 29 games to pass John Stockton and rondos gotta be around like 24 games

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DRadja. Show DRadja's posts

Just imagine if we had Jeff Green.....We'd of seen Danny's genius. He'd add another dimension to this team and age wouldn't be too much of a factor. We'd have some greyhounds on the break.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: What could have been.": [QUOTE]Just imagine if we had Jeff Green.....We'd of seen Danny's genius. He'd add another dimension to this team and age wouldn't be too much of a factor. We'd have some greyhounds on the break.   Posted by DRadja[/QUOTE] Before the season Doc said he would play more small ball. Folks thought he was crazy. With Pietrus and Bradley, it's working. If we had Green all season, we would have seen this earlier. But, "if" and "what could have been" are statements we've had to make every year since 2008. Tough luck team but I love how they stayed in the real world since the all star break and played well with whatever players were available that night.