What ever did happen to the "ELBOW"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

What ever did happen to the "ELBOW"?

I'm sure you all remember the Bronnie James "elbow" excuses being marched out during nut cupping time in the playoffs by Lebomb clutching his elbow and/or all of the announcers saying how bronnie had stated he would "deal with the elbow in the off season" and further intimating potential if not likely surgery to correct the problem.

So fast forward to the end of the season and on up until now- and you don't hear doodly squat about that elbow.  Not one syllable.  Why?  Because all the time, it was Bronnie's bail out parachute- nothing more than his "My Pu**y Hurts".  Do you feel like a sucker? 

I don't really because I never believed there was a real injury- it was too hokey.  If you DO have a bad elbow problem then you stay cold, you don't get cold and hot, and an elbow issue also does not cause your entire body to go catatonic either, such as James's body went limp in the crucial moments of the Celts series

But I can imagine that the whole lineup of TNT NBA announcers is feeling cheap and used, and I'd be pretty upset beyond that and never try to prop James up again, no matter what.  Breen, Jackson, Fratello, Van Grumby were all singing elbow this and that.  And it seemed the worse James tanked it the more elbow blithering there was.

It'll be interesting to see how many more mulligans these mic guys grant LeChoke in the future.  I'd say the cookie jar is getting very empty.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrvAlbertsBra. Show MrvAlbertsBra's posts

Re: What ever did happen to the "ELBOW"?

I think LeBronze did have an arthritic, sore elbow that probably impacted his game, but this just shows the limitations of his game. His "greatness" depends on him being 6' 8" and 280, and physically dominating people with his frame. When his physical dominance is impacted, his total game suffers. This is why age is going to hurt him more than most other stars. He's very much like Shaq.

I'm sure BOS fans can cite examples of Celtics players who performed much better with their injuries, because they have a more complete game. I'll use Kobe as an example. Bad knee, broken finger on his shooting hand, as well as torn ligaments in another finger, and he rolled off 10 straight 30 point games in the playoffs.

All great stars start to fade, but usually the erosion is a slow one. LBJ probably has 4-5 more dominant years, but he's going to fall off a cliff when age catches him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The elbow issue will come up again when the Heat start losing. I too wonder did he ever have a elbow problem or was that an excuse to exit stage right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Super77. Show Super77's posts

you mean this one?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I don't think the elbow was fake at that time. If you watched his game , he never dare to drive. I think it really bothered him a lot... or maybe a little and because of his bad motivation he thought well let's not injure this thing even more... 

Don't know for sure ... and never will

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Super77. Show Super77's posts

If you watched his game , he never dare to drive. I think it really bothered him a lot...

....or he quit?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Aciemvp, You picked a very good topic.   However, from my Cleveland point of view, I just have one thing to say: "Who gives a rat's posterior".  Well actually two things.  I hope his elbow is healed so we can beat him fair and square.  .............  I was such a big James fan.  I can't believe we got duped by that egomaniac.  All the signs were there.  ..........  He could have left in a classier manner than blow us off on ESPN.  Also, he could have went to a team that didn't make a total farce out of the salary cap rules!  ......... I told you I had only one thing to say!....... Between the questionable officiating, the Heat pulling a fast one and Lebron displaying his Kingly self-absorbance, I think the NBA needs to take a long hard look in the mirror! ........There, I think I'm finished.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: What ever did happen to the "ELBOW"?:
    [QUOTE]         Aciemvp, You picked a very good topic.   However, from my Cleveland point of view, I just have one thing to say: " Who gives a rat's posterior ".  Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

hay, i understand your view completely.  i think in the long run, cleveland got a good deal out of this.  you tried to nurture the home town guy and he grew sideways like a rogue weed or something- no maturity, no class and he showed his true character last year- he's fully comfortable visibly tanking it if he feels like there's been some sort of injustice to him.

for the life of me i can't figure out what that might have been.  it's not like he was on the cusp of winning it all- it was the conf. finals.  so if people say he wanted to lose to get out of CLE, he lost.... before he had to.  it just seems like he got sick of playing ball or something.

and like i have said- once you visit that intellectual whorehouse, you will go back again, it's just a matter of time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]         I think the NBA needs to take a long hard look in the mirror! ........There, I think I'm finished.  
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

love the idea but david stern had all the mirrors taken out of his house long ago!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Aciemvp, a lot of what you said makes sense.  Thank you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What ever did happen to the "ELBOW"? : Then, was it fake on game 3 or was he hurting there too?
    Posted by fiorelladad[/QUOTE]

To be honoust I don't know but do you ? As hard as I want to believe it's all made up .... I can't! It could be a lame excuse or it could be the truth. But for me it doesn't matter if he sticks with his elbow wrapped up in ice for his entire carreer ... everytime we beat him I'll cheer. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i believe lebron was qouted in his GQ issue as saying that it is still bothering him...but hey, what let facts get in the way of good rhetoric to make ya feel better in the AM

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

consider that delonte and lebron's mom really were having a relationship and that lebron was NOT happy about it. the whole sorry episode killed team chemistry and the cavaliers' shot at post season glory was flushed down the toilet. for media and fans looking for an explanation, a phantom elbow injury was an easier, more palatable explanation than the truth.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

psychosematic injury - all in his head

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think the elbow was fake at that time. If you watched his game , he never dare to drive. I think it really bothered him a lot... or maybe a little and because of his bad motivation he thought well let's not injure this thing even more...  Don't know for sure ... and never will
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

It was the Celtics defense that bothered LJ. He was faking an injury when it became apparent to him that he and the rest of the Cavs were in for the fight of their lives. The "elbow problem" was really the manifestation of LJ's self doubt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

DUDES....let's just ask ..."THE BIG ROCK"....what's the real deal on LBJ'S elbow???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

I have a bad case of "computer elbow"---that's why some of the things I write make absolutely no sense.