what happened to Shaq

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: what happened to Shaq

Good point.. he has slowed down some..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Jesus, with KG down we need Perk back now...Shaq will be fine he just can't do it every night. Especially on back to backs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think he is tired.  He is good in spots but we need others to put in minutes. Rondo will help Shaq more than anyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Every since Shaq came back from being out with the bad calf, he's had no timing and no lift.  Fouls even more.   Part of it is the timing of receiving the pass and part of it is just Shaq looking old and missing layups.

We look OLD right now.  I sense a .500 level of play for a few weeks or more until we are healthier.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

lovetruth007 and Karllost, I'm with you guys, Shaq has been horrible.  We have essentially gotten NOTHING from the center position for 3 games now.

jam757 and concord27, Shaq cannot be tired in the first quarter.  Shaq cannot be tired as close to the basket as he is while still not finishing.  jam757, Shaq is not doing it on either night of a back to back so that theory goes right out the door.  He seems to have no lift even at 7'1" and no fluid movement.

Shaq is NOT a starting center in the NBA any longer.  JON needs to get in shape quickly and we need Perk back soon.  These guys at least can MOVE with more fluidity.

Right now, we are just unable to defend.  We can't stop anyone.  We are having too many breakdowns defensively.  There is no way Detroit should score 104 against us no matter WHO IS ON THE COURT.  We are not defending on the perimeter nor on the inside.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: what happened to Shaq:
    [QUOTE] We can't stop anyone.  We are having too many breakdowns defensively.  There is no way Detroit should score 104 against us no matter WHO IS ON THE COURT.  We are not defending on the perimeter nor on the inside.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

That's what happened in 2009 when KG went down. Without KG the Celtic defense is not as good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I think he is tired.  He is good in spots but we need others to put in minutes. Rondo will help Shaq more than anyone.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Agree that he is missing Rondo.  Without Rondo most of the Celtics players suffer offensively.  The last few games proves how valuable Rondo is to this Celtics team. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

susan250, I don't doubt that the Celtics miss Rondo.  But Shaq is plain terrible lately.  He is missing the easiest of shots.  He's getting the ball at the basket and with the slightest contest, he's missing badly.

It seems that he's not using his size to overpower guys down low.  He's getting too many shots blocked and deflected when before they were power dunks or layins.

Rondo being out has nothing to do with Shaq not closing and finishing at the rim lately.  Rondo being out has nothing to do with Shaq playing matador defense and committing so many senseless fouls over the past 3/4 games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

[QUOTE]susan250, I don't doubt that the Celtics miss Rondo.  But Shaq is plain terrible lately.  He is missing the easiest of shots.  He's getting the ball at the basket and with the slightest contest, he's missing badly. It seems that he's not using his size to overpower guys down low.  He's getting too many shots blocked and deflected when before they were power dunks or layins. Rondo being out has nothing to do with Shaq not closing and finishing at the rim lately.  Rondo being out has nothing to do with Shaq playing matador defense and committing so many senseless fouls over the past 3/4 games.

Its because we are trying too hard to get open looks at the basket.  By the time we get back to defend, our players don't have as much left in the tank.

On the flip side, the opposing defense doesnt have to expend as much energy defending us without Rondo.  As a result, the opposition have more energy in the tank for their offense and thier execution is better.

Without Rondo, not just Shaq, but a lot of our players are looking worse on both offense and defense.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

tompenny, it goes both ways.  KG has his lift back and his shot is falling at a much better rate.  And Shaq has always been a leader in FG% so I don't know how much more efficient Rondo makes Shaq and KG.  IMO, they have both been quite efficient most of their careers.

When guys are on their games and hitting their shots, obviously the assists pile up.  Rondo can make the sweetest of passes but if KG and Shaq don't make their shots, it's all for not.  Right now, as for Shaq, he is just plain missing shots.  He's missing dunks and he's missing bunnies right at the rim and that is uncharacteristic of Shaq.

What bothers me most about him is that he is a porous rebounder.  He's just way too slow going after the ball and getting it.  I think without KG's 9+ rebounds per game, Shaq is going to have to raise his game overall for the next couple (I believe few) weeks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]susan250, I don't doubt that the Celtics miss Rondo.  But Shaq is plain terrible lately.  He is missing the easiest of shots.  He's getting the ball at the basket and with the slightest contest, he's missing badly. It seems that he's not using his size to overpower guys down low.  He's getting too many shots blocked and deflected when before they were power dunks or layins. Rondo being out has nothing to do with Shaq not closing and finishing at the rim lately.  Rondo being out has nothing to do with Shaq playing matador defense and committing so many senseless fouls over the past 3/4 games.

The problem is you got Shaq 2010....not Shaq 2001. What did you expect.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: what happened to Shaq : The problem is you got Shaq 2010....not Shaq 2001. What did you expect.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Her post was about how he is playing now compared to earlier in the year.  This year 2010.  Follow along.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Always a good thing when Qdaddy shows up. If the Celtics win tomorrow and Shaq plays well, it's because Qdaddy showed up here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo's return will make Shaq better, Ray's three's better, Paul's looks, and BBD will find it easier to fill in for KG.  Rondo makes everything basketball wise better for the Celtics.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

he did just come back after missing a few games with a strained calf, so - he's probably playing with a bum wheel, that does make life harder to do anything.  If JO can play and Semih gets over the flue  - Shaq is do for some time back doing pool workouts with Perkins. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: what happened to Shaq : Her post was about how he is playing now compared to earlier in the year.  This year 2010.  Follow along.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

What difference does it make. Shaq 2010 is even worse than Shaq 2009. In almost every major category his numbers are down from last year. The reason Fat Shaq looked so good eary in the season is because...it was EARLY IN THE SEASON. Now his old, broken down body is doing the same that it has the last several years. Don't expect a whole lot out of him.

I'm glad the Lakers had the 2001 Shaq. He's pretty worthless now...other than to take up space.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Shaq has played exceptionally well for us for most of the season. Since his return from the calf injury, his game has slid. My guess is his leg injury isnt fully healed.. and that would coincide with why hes not finishing at the rim, rebounding as well etc.

Last night Shaq played on 15-16 mins and I think Doc is gonna get hmi some rest and heal him up. Until JO came back, we had no choice to play him cause everyone else in the middle went down.  

Dont toss Shaq over board cause hes had a bad stretch..the guy has been a hammer for us.. plain & simple.  I really think its his leg and it'll get better now that JO is putting in minutes and maybe Semi too.