What have we learned?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Re: What have we learned?

I agree on all points with an emphasis on Bradley and Lee are better than Terry.  Doc is a defensive minded coach, so you would think Doc will use Lee more throughout the year and into the playoffs.

Who do you get more value for in return when you make a trade?  I think you get more for Terry only because of his reputation.  But he doesn't fit this team better.  So you trade the likes of Terry, Bass and Green.  Those are your offer pieces and you fight to keep the rest but we will probably have to give up one of the young kids or/and a 1st.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bradley and Lee are better than Terry. Terry can't defend.

KG needs to stay at center. Collins needs to be his backup.

Sullinger gets better and better.

[/QUOTE]

Your preaching to the choir here.  Been saying this basically all year.  Its a double double machine waiting to happen.  Waiting on Doc to give him the time..  He will eventually quit getting those little push off fouls and learn.  I keep saying he is smart and will overcome his FEW he doesn't do so well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Kirk don't forget PP was a plus 20 tonight, highest on the team.  I know you value that.  When will some of the PP bashers man up and quit saying Jeff Green needs his time and should start.  Maybe a little crow eating there as well.  That is laughable.  One guy can force his will upon the other team and one player is very timid and is a ROLE player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Terry is a very valuable player to have around. Don't forget it.  Crazy to dismiss him. He is nothing like Bradley or Lee.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Not dismissing him but I think AB and CL are more valuable.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not dismissing him but I think AB and CL are more valuable.

[/QUOTE]

AB and CL are basically the same player. Redundant!

[/QUOTE]

CL is not in AB's league when it comes to man to man defense.  Not sure anyone is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Terry is a very valuable player to have around. Don't forget it.  Crazy to dismiss him. He is nothing like Bradley or Lee.

[/QUOTE]

True. Terry in like 12-14 mins as Rondo's backup and 4-6 mins at SG is a very valuable player. I'd play him with Avery and Pierce b/c one can guard the best perimeter guard and the other can bring the ball up in a pinch if needed. Also that gives Green more mins with Rondo, which is more important for his game than it is for Pierce's.

Gassing Rondo at 38-42 mins and playing Terry over 12 mins at game at SG, at the expense of Lee/Avery isn't going to help this team. Of course the lack of a quality 10 rebound per game 6'10"+ PF/C to complement KG is the main issue, team goes nowhere w/o that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

We know 100% of Rondo's potential (it would be scary but unfortuneately he will never be a competent mid/long range jump shooter).  We know 75% of Lee's potential.  But we know about 20% of Bradley's potential and we love what we see already.  Bradley may be an elite player with the best all around game for a G in the NBA one day.  I don't trade Bradley for anyone other than Cousins.  In fact I trade Rondo before Bradley...and of course we would get more for Rondo ; )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True. Terry in like 12-14 mins as Rondo's backup and 4-6 mins at SG is a very valuable player. I'd play him with Avery and Pierce b/c one can guard the best perimeter guard and the other can bring the ball up in a pinch if needed. Also that gives Green more mins with Rondo, which is more important for his game than it is for Pierce's.

Gassing Rondo at 38-42 mins and playing Terry over 12 mins at game at SG, at the expense of Lee/Avery isn't going to help this team. Of course the lack of a quality 10 rebound per game 6'10"+ PF/C to complement KG is the main issue, team goes nowhere w/o that.

[/QUOTE]

Varajao would change everything.  I guess  I am dreaming at this point though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Common get real, Terry can't play PG...

and he is a disaster at SG for us. (Rondo has that influence)

and he is, without doubt, the worst defensive player on the team. 

We need to unload Terry by the 15th for anything of moderate value, including a first round draft pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Terry is a better PG than Lee or Avery, Rondo can't play 48 mins.

We know more of Lee's potential than Rondo's?... jeez... rondo has improved his shot each of the last 3 years, including this one... it will never be great but its slowly getting better. He is improving as a passer as well but declining as a defender and has to make changes to that part of his game.

Lee is the same age as Rondo and has basically been the same player for years. He has shot a consistant 43-46% from the floor and in 3 of the last 4 years was around a 40% guy from 3. Other than a cold shooting 33% from 3 season in NJ and his slow start this year from beyond the arc he has been the same overall shooter in 4+ seasons. He's a borderline starting SG who does a lot well but nothing great. 

I say we know 95% of what Lee is/will be and 80% of what Rondo is/will be.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he's all that cleveland has.  who are we going to give CLE?  jeff green?  bass plus a ham sandwich?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

we learned the trolls never get right

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Defensive AB may have just a slight edge of Lee, but Lee offensively is light years ahead of AB.  Better offense beats better defense!!!!  Im not sold on AB's offensive skills.  He is still an unknown outside of a brief stretch.  He hasn't proven he can stay healthy.  If he was needed in a trade to get a big, C YA!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he's all that cleveland has.  who are we going to give CLE?  jeff green?  bass plus a ham sandwich?

[/QUOTE]

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

we learned the trolls never get right

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of trolls,  they must have overslept tonight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We have a 10 rebound player sitting on the bench getting about 18 minutes a game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We have a 10 rebound player sitting on the bench getting about 18 minutes a game.

[/QUOTE]

Is he 6' 10" or taller with the ability to play Center? Nope. But I agree Sully needs like 26 mins a game. Seems Ainge wants to see how they roll with the starting lineup featuring Bass, now that Avery is back.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Terry is a good backup PG for Rondo.

Lee is a good backup for Bradley.

I don't think we need a trade, unless we get a really good offer.

[/QUOTE]

We don't need a trade to help the backcourt... but we need a PF/C BADLY

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Defensive AB may have just a slight edge of Lee, but Lee offensively is light years ahead of AB.  Better offense beats better defense!!!!  Im not sold on AB's offensive skills.  He is still an unknown outside of a brief stretch.  He hasn't proven he can stay healthy.  If he was needed in a trade to get a big, C YA!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Avery's defense is as much better than Lee's offense as Lee's offense is on Avery's defense. The phrase 'light years better' doesn't apply here. Between them we can certainly get 48 minutes of great play on both sides of the ball and that is what matters.

25. This post has been removed.