What if Rondo played in the 70/80's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

What if Rondo played in the 70/80's

I did not live through that era so I am not going to speculate, but I am interested to hear from posters who did? Do you think Rondo would be percieved differently if he played in a "tougher" nba? This has nothing to do with his skill just if you think the public would look at him differently if he played 30 years ago.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: What if Rondo played in the 70/80's

If Rondo played in the 70s......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to KillaCam2010's comment:

I did not live through that era so I am not going to speculate, but I am interested to hear from posters who did? Do you think Rondo would be percieved differently if he played in a "tougher" nba? This has nothing to do with his skill just if you think the public would look at him differently if he played 30 years ago.

What if he played on Mars? What if he played for himself? ... wait, that is what he does.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

The Celtics would have already had a great point guard, so Rajon Rondo would have played on the Cavs.  Thank you Celtic Claus.

Back then was love, peace, harmony and music in the streets.  I wonder what Pud' and the other anti-Rondo bunch would have posted. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

If Rondo was on the Cowens/Havlicek teams of the 70's or the Bird teams of the 80's....he would have rode the bench if he was lucky.

In fact, Cowens would have probably knocked ROndo out for the way the kid plays (rather doesnt play) defense.

Those teams had Jo Jo White and DJ as their PG's...which meant Rondo would be getting alot of splinters riding the pine until the blowout allowed him some time on the court...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

he'd be this guy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

computer acting up.  not sure if anyone posted this yet- but rondo DID play in the 70s- and wore a headband

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wattssl01.html

and his game never matured and he was out of the league like crap through a goose in about 7 years

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to cavaliersfan's comment:

The Celtics would have already had a great point guard, so Rajon Rondo would have played on the Cavs.  Thank you Celtic Claus.

Back then was love, peace, harmony and music in the streets.  I wonder what Pud' and the other anti-Rondo bunch would have posted. 

we still would have opined that marvin barnes and all the other coke hoover vacuums of the 70s who tumbled out of the league like boulders were a tragedy.  the league was not all peaches and cream back then