What is fair value for Ray Allen?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

What is fair value for Ray Allen?

I think it is fair to say that most people on here believe that the C's can significantly upgrade their team this year and become a more viable contender by moving Ray Allen; however, the opinions about what can be obtained for him seems to vary greatly. Many (including T'wolves fans think) think my idea of a Ray Allen package for Wes Johnson, Michael Beasley, and Anthony Randolph is still not a fair trade from a Boston's perspective. They think Ray is worth more. Other ideas like a package with Ray for either Amare or Pau Gasol seemed to viewed as to little coming from Boston to acquire those kind of talents even as a pure salary purge. What level of player should the C's reasonably expect back for Ray Allen?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: What is fair value for Ray Allen?

Ray to IND for George and Admunson works - not sure I like it that much, but it would help IND!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I wouldnt trade Allen for another player.  Allen is better off player to keep for the next many years.  Trade Garnett instead or just keep the team the way they have now, and then let Garnett walk away from the team.  But if Ainge ever want to trade Allen for a reason, then get a draft pick such as to get a first round draft pick or like that!!

But really if Ainge just keep everyone, and then he can use $$$$ to sign Howard after Garnett, retired Wallace and few other players's salaries will come off of the book after this season!!

Reason I say not to trade Allen, he will take a discount after this season.  It is hard to find a player like Allen who is alway into a good shape every single year. Allen could be a future 6th man from the bench.  It is hard to find 6th and 7th man from the bench in nowsdays.  A player in return for Allen would not make the team stronger.  Heck no way that a team would give away their best #2 guard for Allen.  More likely a guy from the bench!!  Forget it!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In Response to Re: What is fair value for Ray Allen?:
    [QUOTE]Ray to IND for George and Admunson works - not sure I like it that much, but it would help IND!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Personally, I would like that deal more than any other proposed so far. Paul George is exactly what the celtics need. Obviously, his outside shooting is not at Ray's level, but he shoots it well enough that he could make the loss of Ray's outside shot minimal. His athletecism, defense, and activity would give the C's the ability to match up with anyone. His activity alone would improve the C's rebounding because he will stay in front of his man better than Ray ever has allowing the C's bigs to maintain their positions and not be responsible for helping on a blown guard defensive assignment as much. Its a possibility cause I believe Bird respects and admires Ray, but I dont think he would be willing to give up such a good young talent for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldnt trade Allen for another player.  Allen is better off player to keep for the next many years.  Trade Garnett instead or just keep the team the way they have now, and then let Garnett walk away from the team.  But if Ainge ever want to trade Allen for a reason, then get a draft pick such as to get a first round draft pick or like that!! But really if Ainge just keep everyone, and then he can use $$$$ to sign Howard after Garnett, retired Wallace and few other players's salaries will come off of the book after this season!! Reason I say not to trade Allen, he will take a discount after this season.  It is hard to find a player like Allen who is alway into a good shape every single year. Allen could be a future 6th man from the bench.  It is hard to find 6th and 7th man from the bench in nowsdays.  A player in return for Allen would not make the team stronger.  Heck no way that a team would give away their best #2 guard for Allen.  More likely a guy from the bench!!  Forget it!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Good point and you may be completely right about Ray's value; however, if they did trade Ray this year, nothing stops Ray from coming back to the C's as a free agent besides hurt feelings. In fact, if he is traded, I think he should be a priority of the C's to resign to strengthen the bench as you said. The free agent market will be very poor, so re-signing Ray to a lower multi-year deal may be one of the better options out there. 

I just think if any potential talent can be had for Ray this year via trade, the C's have to at least consider it 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldnt trade Allen for another player.  Allen is better off player to keep for the next many years.  Trade Garnett instead or just keep the team the way they have now, and then let Garnett walk away from the team.  But if Ainge ever want to trade Allen for a reason, then get a draft pick such as to get a first round draft pick or like that!! But really if Ainge just keep everyone, and then he can use $$$$ to sign Howard after Garnett, retired Wallace and few other players's salaries will come off of the book after this season!! Reason I say not to trade Allen, he will take a discount after this season.  It is hard to find a player like Allen who is alway into a good shape every single year. Allen could be a future 6th man from the bench.  It is hard to find 6th and 7th man from the bench in nowsdays.  A player in return for Allen would not make the team stronger.  Heck no way that a team would give away their best #2 guard for Allen.  More likely a guy from the bench!!  Forget it!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

I agree with you and would also like to see Ray Allen remain with the Celtics and become a bench player next season.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthCentralLA. Show SouthCentralLA's posts

In response to "Re: What is fair value for Ray Allen?": [QUOTE]Ray to IND for George and Admunson works - not sure I like it that much, but it would help IND!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE] And your Smeltics are back to being the Smeltics of 1987-2007. To bad McHale isn't able to give you another great player to revive your morbid franchise again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

more than the  ....." fair value for "...Ray Ainge.................

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is fair value for Ray Allen? : It's basically impossible to trade KG because we would have to take multiple contracts for the salaries to match. The best thing to do is just let KG's 21m expire at the end of the season. And I agree that we should trade Ray for a 1st round pick.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Not really the Best Thing to do ....

KG could be traded to a team under the cap so long as after the trade the receiving team is no more than $100K over the cap. (They usually prorate the remaining salary charged to the new team and in a shortened year the new team wouldn't be charged his entire $21M toward their cap).

If the trade deadline comes and Danny decides winning isn't likely and opts for rebuilding mode the C's would be best off trading KG to a team under the cap looking for some playoff experience and size in return for one or two  players and a PTE.

The C's would be able to trade a pick/picks and all or some of the PTE for another player or players in separate deals. This would aid them in getting a quality player or two now as well as preserving cap space for free agency and still having the ability to make an addition once those free agents are signed by trading a future pick & the newly acquired TE for another player/players to fill in the roster once they are over the cap with their own players and free agents.

Example: Indy takes KG ($16.9M adjusted for 66 game season) prorated for less than half a season remaining would be say $8M added to Indy's $50M in payroll. We could take back a pick and a full PTE or say George and a $5.6M PTE.