what is our best place to be seed wise for the playoffs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

what is our best place to be seed wise for the playoffs.

playing only three of our starters (counting Bass) has been a sad thing for us Celtic fans to see for sure.

but assuming we are fully healthy by the start of the playoffs, what  would be our best seed postion to be in?

My preference would be to let two other teams beat on the Heat first, before we'd have to play them. But I am not sure how that works out seed wise except we can;t be the 8th seed.

I guess if we could move ahead of Atlanta some how (not likely unless we get healthy FAST) and then get to play NY in the fiirst round and maybe ATlanta beats Indiana in their series?

would Atlante being the lower seed have to play Miami in the second round?

either way the Heat certainly are looking like a machine right now.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: what is our best place to be seed wise for the playoffs.

In response to Fierce34's comment:

It would have been ideal if the Celts got #3. But #7 or #6 will be best for the Celts.

The ideal is the Pacers in the 1st round.

If the Celts face the Knicks in the 1st round, it's a 1st round exit for the Celts.

Agree.  It would have been better for the Celtics to win their division and end up as the 3rd seed.  Still possible that the Celtics end up as the 8th seed. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

It would have been ideal if the Celts got #3. But #7 or #6 will be best for the Celts.

The ideal is the Pacers in the 1st round.

If the Celts face the Knicks in the 1st round, it's a 1st round exit for the Celts.

why do the Kncks scare you so much?

I think Indiana is the tougher team myself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

9th

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Doesn't matter. If you want to be the best you want to beat the best.Seedings are for talking heads and us fans. If you're playing and are in the playoffs you want as many home games sure,but if you got to win on the road ,you gotta do what you gotta do.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Celts will never be 9th.

10 games to go. No way the Celts lose all 10 games.

I agree. But thread asked "what is our best place", not "what seed do you think Celtics will finish at".

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Why is the 9th seed better? Do you think our pick would improve that much? I like to see some playoffs games, and like the winning mentality (and the extra money) more. I've you go for the lottery you have to do it right, e.g. like the spurs did pre duncan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

While I agree IND is the ideal first round opponent, I still think we can beat the Knicks.  We have two guys to make Melo work on D (note I didn't say stop him on O), and two guys to work on Good Ole JR.

The key will be rebounding, and the first game!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The key will be if Garnett is really going to play.  I had thought there was  no doubt he would because I never saw him get injured.  But the comments from Ainge and Doc are murky as 2009. I still have to believe it is because of rest as much as anything.  If KG is not right we lose against an top tier seed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

"what is our best place to be seed wise for the playoffs?"- what ever seed that will get a Celtics-Heat matchup. Can't stand Lebron James and his teammate clowns. The Celtics are not only the only team in the East that can take them down they are the only team(with the possible exception of Chicago) that will attack them with grit and a snarl.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkite74. Show mrkite74's posts

I say rest garnett until we have a blut three games left. finish 8th and try to take pout the heat when we are healthy , as can be, and rested.  We have no shot after two rounds agaginst the heat. But no one else in the east scares me at all so I say go after the heat early.  Of course I am sure the owners hope for 6 or 7.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Why is the 9th seed better? Do you think our pick would improve that much? I like to see some playoffs games, and like the winning mentality (and the extra money) more. I've you go for the lottery you have to do it right, e.g. like the spurs did pre duncan.

Sometimes "the future is now," makes  sense, but for the C's to go deep in the playoffs, we're going to need a lot of luck, a lack of injuries, and a consistency that nobody, as far as I know, has posted about this season.

Are these better odds then a bottom of the barrel lotto pick?  Maybe so, but IMO, not by much.  And with the lotto, we only need to get lucky once.  In the playoffs, as 7th or 8th seed, which is realistic, we'll have our hands full playing Miami, NY, or Indiana with our depleted lineup and no homecourt advantage. If we make it to the second round, we're gonna need luck again and again.

Hope I get pilloried by other posters after the playoffs are in full swing cause I don't want to see the C's bow out, but that's how I see things.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to nyfan11's comment:

Doesnt matter.  In the end, you all still be losers.  I will admit though it'll be nice to watch the knicks kick some celtic @$$.

Go Knicks

Your new 2013 NBA champs.

Enjoy this years playoffs while you can.  Knicks will come down with a bad case of premature evacuation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

thanks for the responses guys.

I can see the point about playing the Heat right away when our legs are hopefully fresher.

but I doubt we can beat them  in a playoff series , the way they are playing  now (or anyone else can beat them right now).

so I was thinking maybe it would be better to let other teams beat on them first.

I guess I am saying I see the only way we can beat the heat is they are beat up.