What should the Celtics do now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

What should the Celtics do now?

#1- Make the Stiemroller the starter at center with the future in mind. We need him to get better and develop better chemistry with the big 4.

#2-Play Bass with Rondo,Ray and a jump shooting center that can help space the floor. Dooling and Bradley can't get Bass open looks IMO.

#3- Dooling, Bradley,Pierce,Garnett, JON should play together mostly. Pierce and Garnett are calming influences for wild man Dooling. they are also JON pushers. Should be a tough defensive squad, but you never know.

#4- We've got to play Johnson, even if it's at the 3. He needs to get out there and get the jitters out. The sooner the better.

#5- Make sure this is the last season we have Marquis Daniels. He is soo garbage! I know you get what you pay for, but DAM! Can he even dunk?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: What should the Celtics do now?

Nobody agrees with any of this?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Whatever. It's all about the core players. If your core players sux then your team will sux even if you rearrange the pecking order.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you can create new "core" players thru development (new roles) and playing time!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Not with the players we have, I think. Stiemsma may be half-decent, but a core player on a contender? Unlikely. But then again, he can't be worse than O'neal.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

I am thinking more about the Lakers now and how they are closing in on championship #17 while we are just wilting up, looking old, and going back into another 22 year drought.

dang it!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I would trade Ray if it brings Dwight Howard, otherwise......hands off!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Nobody agrees with any of this?
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

I agree with #5!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]Not with the players we have, I think. Stiemsma may be half-decent, but a core player on a contender? Unlikely. But then again, he can't be worse than O'neal.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

We should punt!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? :  I agree with #5!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Cause you're one of the smart ones! LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]If a contender wants Ray Allen then trade Ray for a 1st round pick. Ray is still playing at a high level, he deserves better than this.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I would like to see Ray play along side DRose, that may be enough to put the Bulls over the top!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? :  I would like to see Ray play along side DRose, that may be enough to put the Bulls over the top!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

For Joakim Noah?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]I would trade Ray if it brings Dwight Howard, otherwise......hands off!

Ray for DH? You delusional?

Never, ever going to happen!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : For Joakim Noah?

Maybe Taj Gibson, or Ronnie Brewer and a #1!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I never suggested Ray was the principle character in either suggestion. I'm just saying if you trade Ray you had better bring something back of all-star potential.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics are a runaway train picking up speed.  The solutions will do nothing as next season is when everything changes.  Ray for top value makes sense but don't get excited about what we might get back.  Next year is when the next era starts.  Let the train crash and the rebuilding can begin.

It seems everyone has given up on Pierce but his contract is the only drawback we will be saddled with.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc should not let Pierce or Garnett play over 25 minutes until the playoffs.  Play the bench and see if lightning can strike this moribund team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

We may as well hope Pierce can regain some of his abilities, because he is untradable with the contract Ainge gave him!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KYceltic,
    But let Pierce play less. As you say we are stuck with him.  He may start to play better with less minutes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

It seems everyone has given up on Pierce but his contract is the only drawback we will be saddled with.  

If Paul does not perform this year we could very well amnesty his contract and start over.  If someone wants Ray or KG for young players, picks, and/or expiring contracts then take it.  We are not playing like we are going to win this year, so might as well let the rebuilding start now...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

First and foremost, the Celtics need to provide a stairmaster to Paul Pierce.

Secondly, they need only worry about Cleveland who is tied with them for the 8th seed in the eastern conference.