What to Expect From Rajon Rondo in 2013-14!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

What to Expect From Rajon Rondo in 2013-14!

What to Expect From Rajon Rondo in 2013-14

Written by  on September 13th, 2013

Predicting what the 2013-14 campaign has in store for Rajon Rondo is a bit tricky. At this point in the offseason we still aren’t sure when he’ll be ready to suit up and, as recent as today, the Celtics still have “no timetable” for his return. But given the state of this team, Rondo should be in no rush to get back on the floor with his teammates even if he thinks he’s almost 100%.

Similar to Derrick Rose, Rondo should be with the mind set of fully recovering from the torn ACL he suffered in January of last season. The difference, though, is that Rondo’s Celtics aren’t contending for a title like Rose’s Bulls were. And because of that, the Celtics can afford to begin their rebuilding efforts without their star floor general.

With that said, I would expect to see Rondo make his season debut either in late December or at the turn of the calendar year. Until then, Rondo will continue to lead on the sideline during both games and practices as he began to do late last season. However, when the time comes for Rondo to go to battle, I think he’ll be the same, if not better, player he’s always been.

Although his assists numbers may decrease from what he’s used to, I truly believe Rondo will be a better scorer. Usually, when a player tears their ACL their jump shot improves due to the fact that shooting is all you can really do when you begin rehabbing. Of course, they’re more like set shots but nonetheless they help to develop a smoother and more consistent shooting stroke.

Overall I believe Rondo is more than ready to be the top dog in Beantown. Whether or not he takes advantage of this opportunity is completely up to him. If he becomes frustrated and proves to be a detriment to the team then Danny Ainge may have no choice but to move him prior to the trade deadline.

Stat Projections:

38.7 MPG, 16.2 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 9.1 APG, 48% FG, 34% 3-FG

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: What to Expect From Rajon Rondo in 2013-14!

I am not certain RR will average 38-mins. per game coming off an ACL tear! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

"Oh Boy, another Rondo thread", he exclaimed, to the only one really listening, his devoted poodle, Pollyanna. She consequently barked in resignation and gave him her back." Don't you dare lift your leg when you hear that baller's name" adding," his sh!t is tight" while the lovable pooch yawned. "Well, let me pack a lunch, he thought out loud, "put on my Hate Helmet, and prepare for some O.T." His b!tch licked her mouth in anticipation."Now git, go to your own computer", he spat. "and don't you pretend you're me either"! This time she gave him her back for good, "just like all the others", he muttered, secretly hoping she heard him. But in good time she would be back. And she'd be in satin and lace. "I wonder if she really remembers what O.T means", he moaned, again hoping she'd heard him. "I guess I'll see if loyalty knows no bounds", he barked, knowing fully that she had indeed heard him. "Aww, you remembered the rope", he yelped, "for that, you'll get your special treat"!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

he'll be out for the next 3 months, theres no reason for rushing rondo to play ball though. with this kind of team? i think danny would try to sit rondo out like what he did to Green, no one would expect that Cs will end up to ECF last 2012. Ainge is a terrific gm, he was able to re-sign green at discounted price. if you know what i mean

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

he'll be out for the next 3 months, theres no reason for rushing rondo to play ball though. with this kind of team? i think danny would try to sit rondo out like what he did to Green, no one would expect that Cs will end up to ECF last 2012. Ainge is a terrific gm, he was able to re-sign green at discounted price. if you know what i mean

+ 1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

"Oh Boy, another Rondo thread", he exclaimed, to the only one really listening, his devoted poodle, Pollyanna. She consequently barked in resignation and gave him her back." Don't you dare lift your leg when you hear that baller's name" adding," his sh!t is tight" while the lovable pooch yawned. "Well, let me pack a lunch, he thought out loud, "put on my Hate Helmet, and prepare for some O.T." His b!tch licked her mouth in anticipation."Now git, go to your own computer", he spat. "And don't you pretend you're me either"! This time she gave him her back for good, "just like all the others", he muttered, secretly hoping she heard him. But in good time she would be back. And she'd be in satin and lace. "I wonder if she really remembers what O.T means", he moaned, again hoping she heard him. "I guess I'll see if loyalty knows no bounds", he barked, knowing fully that she had heard him. "Aww, you remembered the rope", he sang, "for that, you get your special treat"!

LMFAO!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Report: Rajon Rondo to miss start of season

Posted by: Rick Brisse September 14, 2013

Game-4-vs-Knicks-rajon-rondo-21396393-900-600-673x500

Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo will likely miss all of the preseason as well as some regular season games, according to CSNNE.com.

Rondo suffered a torn right ACL on Jan. 25.  The knee was surgically repaired by famed orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews on Feb. 15.

“He’s obviously limited in what he can do on the court,” new head coach Brad Stevens said. “But he’s a worker. That was one thing that was very noticeable.”

Stevens said there is no timetable set for Rondo’s return and know’s there is a good chance that he won’t have the four-time All-Star early in the season.

“That’s something that you have to balance,” Stevens said. “You are going to introduce some things that may be best for him Oct. 7 in our first exhibition game, and he may not be available. So you’re gonna have to figure out where you go from there and how to best fit pieces into those spots.

Stevens added, “but we have a lot of versatile guys. I think we’ll be able to, when he’s not playing, do things conducive to the skill-sets of others. And when he’s playing, incorporate him into it easily.”