What was the BIGGEST single mistake the Celtics ever made.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

What was the BIGGEST single mistake the Celtics ever made.

Was reading a thing about the Lakers and their big clangers. They got DH for nothing really so no biggie there. They said trading Shaq was their biggest mistake.

What was the Celtics? And I'm not talking about drafting...I'm talking about Vinny Baker, Chauncy Billups kinda stuff.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: What was the BIGGEST single mistake the Celtics ever made.

In response to johconn's comment:

Was reading a thing about the Lakers and their big clangers. They got DH for nothing really so no biggie there. They said trading Shaq was their biggest mistake.

What was the Celtics? And I'm not talking about drafting...I'm talking about Vinny Baker, Chauncy Billups kinda stuff.

Yeah! Vin Baker, Chauncy Billups, the works!  Actually why don't you reveal that you are a Lakers troll.  That way we will be able to respond better.  BTW, did you know that there was a poster here on this board that was scared of Darko Milic.  And when he started getting ridiculous, he made up some story about his daughter and vanished.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rick Pitino.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Hiring Rick Pitino.

Nothing tops that.

Nothing will top that. (Pitino)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yeah! Vin Baker, Chauncy Billups, the works!  Actually why don't you reveal that you are a Lakers troll.  That way we will be able to respond better.  BTW, did you know that there was a poster here on this board that was scared of Darko Milic.  And when he started getting ridiculous, he made up some story about his daughter and vanished.

[/QUOTE]

?

Lakers Troll...yeah right. i'm no troll but this brand of mccarthyism is pretty tired. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to vertmont's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hiring Rick Pitino.

Nothing tops that.

Nothing will top that. (Pitino)

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Hired not only a coach but a philosophy. And man what a philosophy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I agree about Pitino, but not drafting Kobe was a close second.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

and the worst trade was giving up Joe Johnson and our 2002 first round pick, and a couple bench players for Rodgers and Delk.  Delk played two forgettable seasons and averaged 8 PPG, and Rodney was gone after 1 season.

Johnson as we know went on to be a 5x All star.  he and Pierce would have been a great SG / SF foundation for many years.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE ....how about trading Paul Westphal for Charlie Scott....? ....I was with my buddies watching the playoffs (1975) when that trade was announced....I actually liked it at the time...Paul had limited playing time up to that trade...it turned out to be one sided....that, along with losing Paul Silas doomed the Celts...!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

?

Lakers Troll...yeah right. i'm no troll but this brand of mccarthyism is pretty tired. 

[/QUOTE]

OK, a public attack deserves a public apology.  I believe that I may have mistaken you for former citizen of this board.  My apologies.  Have fun!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the combo disastrous doom of SHOVING ASIDE LARRY LEGEND, who REALLY wanted into celtics operations, in favor of the despicable tomato sauce selling liliputian pitino.

that is all one big mistake.  as soon as pitino came on, bird left his token "scout" role with the club

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

?

[/QUOTE]

OK, a public attack deserves a public apology.  I believe that I may have mistaken you for former citizen of this board.  My apologies.  Have fun!

[/QUOTE]

Hey man, no problem. Appreciate it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Trading Jo Johnson for Rodney Rogers was horrible.  As a rookie with both Pierce and Walker Johnson dropped 30 a couple times.  He was clearly going to be borderline all star to all star.  Would have been great to see him and Pierce at the 2 and 3 during their prime.  

this was worse than Billups to me.  I like Billups, don't get me wrong.  Just think he was made for that particular Piston team.  

Both trades go under the Patino disaster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

John Y. Brown's owner's box trade for Bob McAdoo was a huge setback for the rebuilding Celtics.  Although under the silver lining dept., it got Red to threaten to go to the Knicks unless Harry Mangurian bought out Brown.  Which Mangurian did -- and he was a good owner.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

"despicable tomato sauce selling liliputian pitino"

lmfao.....I almost forgot about THAT part of his reign....

I knew a kid who was in a frat with him at UMass/Amherst...he was very smart and was on the freshman basketball team...he said Pitino was a senior on the team then and told him that if he didn't write a particular paper for him he'd get him chucked out of the frat...the kid refused...he was soon gone from the TEAM instead...said Pitino was known as a complete duuushe nozzle even then...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Rogers turned out to be a critical part of our run to the conference finals....just saying.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Rogers turned out to be a critical part of our run to the conference finals....just saying.

Selling the team to a New York resident that gave Pitino 77 millions to be presinte,gm and coach of the team.The rest is history.Go celtics.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

A tie between giving Pitino carte blanche and when we traded for Sydney "They don't put wins and losses our my paycheck"Wicks and Curtis Rowe by azz clown Kentucky fried Colonel owner at the time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Not selling the team to Wyc & company 10 years earlier...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Beyond those mentioned.....

Not resigning Leon.

Exposed  UBUNTU as a total fraud.

Validated  when doc left.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to DaCeltics's comment:

Not selling the team to Wyc & company 10 years earlier...

Agree.  The Celtics probably would have been more successful with a different owner. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

A tie between signing both Doc & Rondo to new contracts..... and lettiing Thibs go to the Bulls

25. This post has been removed.