What we learned last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What we learned last night

contrary to all the recent talk, it is possible to build a team without sinking into the lottery. The key is finding players in tough systems and bringing them into a winning culture with the right coach.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: What we learned last night

In response to R9R's comment:

contrary to all the recent talk, it is possible to build a team without sinking into the lottery. The key is finding players in tough systems and bringing them into a winning culture with the right coach.

I think what we learned last night was the Celtics beat up on the worst team in the West.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I think what we learned last night was the Celtics beat up on the worst team in the West.

The Suns have 18 wins. They are not that bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

there are only 4 teams with a worse record in the NBA.  I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Lets just see how they do they next two games against decent competiion before we decide what we "learned".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I think what we learned last night is that the C's have gotten more ATHLETIC and should continue winning games they are supposed to win. And, that if last night was the starting point for this group together, we have plenty of reason to be optimisitc that they will only get better as they build real chemistry. See, I don't care who you are or which team you're playing....for the C's to bring a Pick-up team to any NBA Auditorium on the road and get major contributions from 2-brand new "nobody's" and have a starting HOF-er sit out while getting 31-pts from a bench guy and BLOW THE OTHER TEAM OUT....damn right! Everything points to good stuff ahead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

OK...I realize we didn't beat the Lakers or Nuggets & the Suns are mediocre. But WOW !!! I thought at times I was watching a youthful 18-21 year old college team running up and down the floor, passing, finding the open man, driving to the basket and rebounding aggressively.

We actually won the rebound battle 45-40 and their 6'11" Gortat, whom many posts wanted us to get in a trade(he is not worth Rondo), got 6 rebs and Wilcox, 6'10 , got 8 and Green at 6'8", got 7.

I still say we need a big man and Cousins for  Rondo would be nice. The hustle of Williams and Crawford was refreshing & they seemed to make all our others hustle. I didn't even care that PP got 8 points. Wait until this group can pass to KG at 5-15 ft out. Can't wait for next game !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The point is the idiot tanguay is dead wrong. after the Bird era we sank into the lottery and stayed there for 10 years. There is no need to get bad in order to get good. You can build a team by acquiring undervalued assets and making them better by putting them in the right system. The plan has never been to go lottery, we have the right team now and when pierce retires and kg retires we will be able to attravt a superstar to fill their shoes. Ill bet anyone that plan A is to time the retirement with a Kevin Love free agency acquisition.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Lets play Miami first then see what we have

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

I love this team. go for the title!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

I learned it's time for JG to get big minutes, and even though it's way to early to tell TWill at least last night can run the point alot better than AB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

We've got a lot of basketball left to play. For the first night the new guys played great. Don't know if anybody else noticed but the entire team played with better energy than we've in a while. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

What we learned last night?

It's premature to say we learned something last night. If we l go back to the Denver & lakers games, I think we learned something there instead of playing a weak team like last night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

The point is the idiot tanguay is dead wrong. after the Bird era we sank into the lottery and stayed there for 10 years. There is no need to get bad in order to get good. You can build a team by acquiring undervalued assets and making them better by putting them in the right system. The plan has never been to go lottery, we have the right team now and when pierce retires and kg retires we will be able to attravt a superstar to fill their shoes. Ill bet anyone that plan A is to time the retirement with a Kevin Love free agency acquisition.

Your sounding like Billy Bean and i agree with your points.  The only way you should want to get a lottery pick is through a trade.  If your team is playing its way into the lottery.  All you are doing is building a loser mentallity and that is harder to turn around than getting a team on the cusp of being champions to being champions by just getting players every year in the back end of the draft.  If your drafting the best talent from the lottery picks but your vets that mentor this talent have only experienced losing, your team isn't going anywhere.  Are there exceptions to the rule?  Yes but few and far between.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Look at Toronto terrible for years. The lottery methods usually does not work.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Do you guys think that Lewis and Bias dying might have slowed down the Celtics a tad after the Bird era?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Lets play Miami first then see what we have

We just beat Miami. So now what ? I'll say it now we play the way we play up tempo we will beat Miami in a series and the refs won't be able to save them this time and won't be 7 games either. The Knicks same thing. The only team in the East that we will have a tough time with is Indiana.

You look at every game we've lost recently and it has because we have taken the foot off the gas. Last night we didn't take our foot off the gas until the last 20 seconds,that is old school CELTIC basketball.

I think DA is biulding a roster that is essentially taking Docs security blanket and forcing him to play to our strengths now, not our strengths the last 5 years. Every one of us has had things that worked for us that stop working like they did before and isn't until something goes seriously goes awry that we realized it is time to change. Doc,KG,Truth and Rondo have had great success playing the slow methodical superior execution to close out games so it is natural for them to be hesitant  embracing change when their old methods have been successful and in their comfort zone. Time comes when we all have to realize the only constant is change and the one infallable law of nature  is; Adapt or perish.

Last night may been against one of the worse teams in the NBA but it may have opened Doc,Truth and KG eyes when they realized they don't have to carry 10 other players on their backs each and every night. I think of it as the Cs "kids" have grown up and now equally as capable or more of being able get things done and it is now time for the "grown ups" to take comfort in their teaching and examples and enjoy the fruits of their labor. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Do you guys think that Lewis and Bias dying might have slowed down the Celtics a tad after the Bird era?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

SLick we may have had our dissagreements in the past but that is an excellent point,bullseye first shot. +5

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I certainly do but with that said we can't assume we would have been closer to a championship if we had them healthy.  I wish we had that chance though.  But if you look at the NBA as a whole, you see the same teams in the lottery year after year (even though they change owners and coaches).  Losing seasons year after year, breed losers.  Winning breeds winners.  I just think once your at the top it is easier to stay there as upposed to being at the bottom and working your way up through the lottery.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

I certainly do but with that said we can't assume we would have been closer to a championship if we had them healthy.  I wish we had that chance though.  But if you look at the NBA as a whole, you see the same teams in the lottery year after year (even though they change owners and coaches).  Losing seasons year after year, breed losers.  Winning breeds winners.  I just think once your at the top it is easier to stay there as upposed to being at the bottom and working your way up through the lottery.

What?! I say we woulda had at least another 3-4 Banners had we not lost them so tragically. I still remember how crushed I was when both died, but Bias dying the way he did, and at the age I was, honestly felt like I had lost a family member......He was like a bigger MJ. Damn, he woulda been something.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

there are only 4 teams with a worse record in the NBA.  I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Lets just see how they do they next two games against decent competiion before we decide what we "learned".

+1

Definitely love the ball movement and the up tempo play that I thought Doc should've come out of camp with for at least his second squad but I'm not buying Green playing outside so much as a point forward and just want to see a little more consistency before coming to any conclusions.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

What?! I say we woulda had at least another 3-4 Banners had we not lost them so tragically. I still remember how crushed I was when both died, but Bias dying the way he did, and at the age I was, honestly felt like I had lost a family member......He was like a bigger MJ. Damn, he woulda been something.

Bias was a huge talent but things happened unfortunately the way they did.  It definitely slowed the Celtics down but to say we would have won 3-4 more banners is impossible to know.  Teams feel every year they should have won it but because of key injuries they don't.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Bias was a huge talent but things happened unfortunately the way they did.  It definitely slowed the Celtics down but to say we would have won 3-4 more banners is impossible to know.  Teams feel every year they should have won it but because of key injuries they don't.

I am not saying they would have won more championships. I just think it is important to remember that the rebuild became much more difficult because the two guys they were going to build around died.

It really was an amazing set of circumstances.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Red, Being from the Carolina's and ACC country, I saw Bias play many, many times. Bias wasn't just another first rounder. HE was the #1 pick, and by the Boston Celtics. He had MJ skills with a bigger body. You are right, we don't know that we would have, but based on the fact that WE lost the #1, and arguably the most coveted player in many years, we also don't know that we wouldn't have won those championships. I believe we would have. Those 2-deaths cost the C's over a decade's worth of Championship caliber teams.