What we learned last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: What we learned last night

In response to wfdog's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

contrary to all the recent talk, it is possible to build a team without sinking into the lottery. The key is finding players in tough systems and bringing them into a winning culture with the right coach.

I think what we learned last night was the Celtics beat up on the worst team in the West.

The Suns have 18 wins. They are not that bad.

there are only 4 teams with a worse record in the NBA.  I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Lets just see how they do they next two games against decent competiion before we decide what we "learned".

+1

Definitely love the ball movement and the up tempo play that I thought Doc should've come out of camp with for at least his second squad but I'm not buying Green playing outside so much as a point forward and just want to see a little more consistency before coming to any conclusions.

I think Doc did want this movement at the beginning of the season.  Remember all the people who thought he was crazy for small ball?  It just took:

a.  Time for the subs to learn his D

b.  An injury to Rondo so that the ball wasn't in the hands of one stubborn guy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Do you guys think that Lewis and Bias dying might have slowed down the Celtics a tad after the Bird era?

The loss of Bias at mininum kept us from two titles.  I actually think it would have been three or four considering that Bias would have prevented a lot of wear and tear on Bird , Mchale and Parish. 

Lewis also was star of major proportions and would have been under the eye of the Big Three.

Laker trolls who talk about the drought in titles can never seem to fathom what the Celtics had to deal with.  Name any other teams that had two players of that quality taken from them in their prime. No team has had even one.  Let alone two with heart surgery last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

What do you think they would be saying if Magic or Worthy had died of a drug od or heart ailment...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Regarding "Cs" bad luck with Lewis and Bias, how about in '97 when they had the best statistical chance to land Tim Duncan and the Leprechaun was not able to influence the dice roll and the Spurs got him. He won 3 titles and I'm not saying we would have as Tim played along the other twin tower, Dave Robinson, & they were the best duo in the post for years.  Of course, we'd had Duncan playing with Antoine Walker.  Can you imagine those 3 including Pierce? Would have been Celtics best BIG 3(PFs & Center) after Bird, McHale & Parish. California Dreaming !

But  just Walker & Duncan alone might have put us to high up in the standings to get Pierce.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Regarding "Cs" bad luck with Lewis and Bias, how about in '97 when they had the best statistical chance to land Tim Duncan and the Leprechaun was not able to influence the dice roll and the Spurs got him. He won 3 titles and I'm not saying we would have Tim played along the other twin tower, Dave Robinson, & they were the best duo in the post for years.  Of course, we'd had Duncan playing with Antoine Walker.  But winning a title or two or being high up in the standings, we might not have been able to get Paul Pierce.

eand

exactly why "blowing it up" sinking into the lottery is a bad idea. We of all teams know how much luck influences the macro effects of basketball

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

We just beat Miami. So now what ? I'll say it now we play the way we play up tempo we will beat Miami in a series and the refs won't be able to save them this time and won't be 7 games either. The Knicks same thing. The only team in the East that we will have a tough time with is Indiana.

You look at every game we've lost recently and it has because we have taken the foot off the gas. Last night we didn't take our foot off the gas until the last 20 seconds,that is old school CELTIC basketball.

I think DA is biulding a roster that is essentially taking Docs security blanket and forcing him to play to our strengths now, not our strengths the last 5 years. Every one of us has had things that worked for us that stop working like they did before and isn't until something goes seriously goes awry that we realized it is time to change. Doc,KG,Truth and Rondo have had great success playing the slow methodical superior execution to close out games so it is natural for them to be hesitant  embracing change when their old methods have been successful and in their comfort zone. Time comes when we all have to realize the only constant is change and the one infallable law of nature  is; Adapt or perish.

Last night may been against one of the worse teams in the NBA but it may have opened Doc,Truth and KG eyes when they realized they don't have to carry 10 other players on their backs each and every night. I think of it as the Cs "kids" have grown up and now equally as capable or more of being able get things done and it is now time for the "grown ups" to take comfort in their teaching and examples and enjoy the fruits of their labor. 

[/QUOTE]

Well Said ...  Agee 100% !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

We just beat Miami. So now what ? I'll say it now we play the way we play up tempo we will beat Miami in a series and the refs won't be able to save them this time and won't be 7 games either. The Knicks same thing. The only team in the East that we will have a tough time with is Indiana.

You look at every game we've lost recently and it has because we have taken the foot off the gas. Last night we didn't take our foot off the gas until the last 20 seconds,that is old school CELTIC basketball.

I think DA is biulding a roster that is essentially taking Docs security blanket and forcing him to play to our strengths now, not our strengths the last 5 years. Every one of us has had things that worked for us that stop working like they did before and isn't until something goes seriously goes awry that we realized it is time to change. Doc,KG,Truth and Rondo have had great success playing the slow methodical superior execution to close out games so it is natural for them to be hesitant  embracing change when their old methods have been successful and in their comfort zone. Time comes when we all have to realize the only constant is change and the one infallable law of nature  is; Adapt or perish.

Last night may been against one of the worse teams in the NBA but it may have opened Doc,Truth and KG eyes when they realized they don't have to carry 10 other players on their backs each and every night. I think of it as the Cs "kids" have grown up and now equally as capable or more of being able get things done and it is now time for the "grown ups" to take comfort in their teaching and examples and enjoy the fruits of their labor. 

Well Said ...  Agee 100% !!!

[/QUOTE]
    YOU ARE ON!  IF YOU BEAT MIAMI HEAT IN A SERIES I WILL STOP POSTING FOREVER ON THIS FORUM.  IF YOU LOSE THE PLAYOFF SERIES AGAINST THE MIAMI HEAT YOU SHALL CEASE TO STOP POSTING ON THIS FORUM FOREVER!!  YOU GOT NO SACK!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

What are you Fierce in wolve's clothing ... LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

BOTTOM LINE IS YOU ARE NOT AS SMART AS YOU THINK YOU ARE.  THEREFORE I WILL TAKE GREAT PLEASURE IN ANOTHER CELTIC FAN EATING CROW!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to kobeismrnba's comment:

BOTTOM LINE IS YOU ARE NOT AS SMART AS YOU THINK YOU ARE.  THEREFORE I WILL TAKE GREAT PLEASURE IN ANOTHER CELTIC FAN EATING CROW!

You'll be plucking the feathers of the swallows from Capistrano from your mouth before I ever eat crow ... Bank on it!