What Will Happen In Game 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

What Will Happen In Game 2

Expect to see Pierce step his game up and take it to the heat.
    Expect ray allen to continue being ray allen.
    Expect rondo to be more agressive but not score alot and have a big assists game.
    Expect KG to come down to the post.
    Expect to see shaq play. (dont know what to expect out of him)
    Expect the Celtics to come out and play with that celtic swagga becuase they are mad after this one.
    Expect a game 2 win and back to boston 1-1. (Celtics will treat this game as a must win)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Re: What Will Happen In Game 2

In Response to What Will Happen In Game 2:
    [QUOTE]Expect to see Pierce step his game up and take it to the heat. Expect ray allen to continue being ray allen. Expect rondo to be more agressive but not score alot and have a big assists game. Expect KG to come down to the post. Expect to see shaq play. (dont know what to expect out of him) Expect the Celtics to come out and play with that celtic swagga becuase they are mad after this one. Expect a game 2 win and back to boston 1-1. (Celtics will treat this game as a must win)
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]

Agreed with everything you said except that we might not see shaq until game 3 in Boston. The Celtics really need to win game 2, no doubt about it, and I think they will.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

AGREED. The C's will win game 2 (And without Perk).

However...they need to win in 6 becuz they will NOT win if it goes to game 7 becuz they will play it in the Heat's backyard.

The Heat are very good...but they are no 2010 Orlando Magic.

KG-Bosh
    Pierce-LJames
    Allen-Wade
    Rondo-Bibby
    JON-Iggy

And don't even compare the Heat bench with ours once they (Shaq, BB, Green, West, Krstic) start to heat up in this series.

I like our chances...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The Cs come back with a much better effort. A close game, but the Cs pull out the W.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

We need Rondo (The Enigma) to come ready to play. PP will be ready no doubt about that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown2. Show chitown2's posts

The Celtics will disrespect Miami's house
    END OF STORY

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Jones will not have a game like that again
    Wade will continue to have to score that many
    Bench production 23 points.....best so far. Delonte and Green better offensively.
    O'Neal 9pts. 3 rebs. not bad either as opposed to Perkins 2pts. 6 rebounds and not seeing the floor the last 5 minutes of the game in OKC.
    Rondo will be better
    I think Paul will be pissed
    We win this one......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

After losing this series Rivers will again proclaim "Our starting 5 (with Perk) still have never lost....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: What Will Happen In Game 2:
    [QUOTE]After losing this series Rivers will again proclaim "Our starting 5 (with Perk) still have never lost....
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

you must be lost or something. this is a celtics board and were playing the heat right now. take all of your 11 posts and go back to coloring in your coloring book.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

After losing this series, the big 3 will retire to local boston area nursing homes, and the celtics will not win a championship until 2030 after another 22 year drought. Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Will Happen In Game 2 : you must be lost or something. this is a celtics board and were playing the heat right now. take all of your 11 posts and go back to coloring in your coloring book.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Delone West might get a makup call for getting hacked hard on 2 drives to the basket that resulted in missed dunks.  It's hard to win when the other team is allowed to foul and there's no calls - and allowed to flagrant foul and it is just a regular foul call.  Maybe we should just look at who the refs are for the next game and that will tell us the result.  Not sure the players have much to do with it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I think Shaq plays game two. Apparently he lobbied to play game one and doc decided not to risk it. I think Shaq  only plays 10-15 minutes, scores 6 points and has one hard foul for lebron or Dwayne Wade that get's called a flagrent. Just because he is so big. I think he is a huge boost for our bench and I think he cuts into baby's minutes. 

I think Rajon Rondo figures out the way the Heat are scheming him and has a good game, and gets knocked down hard for early drives to the basket. I think KG spends twice as much time in the post.

I think Dwayne wade goes cold and Lebron James gets hot but the Celtics contain most of his teamates.  

I think it is a good game, but the series starts on Tuesday. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Officiating in the NBA is really hard. You have ten players moving simulataneously with all kinds of incidental contact along the way, a variety of obscure and seldom enforced rules, and it's all played out from end to end at blazing fast speed.

unlike tennis, with a simple in or out, a lot of times calls are not clear cut. 

people disagree on calls all the time. How many times have Jef Van Gundy and Marc jackson argued whether a call is correct? It's hard to say something is absolutely right or wrong.

That said I don't think the officals did a good job. Throwing pierce out was just idiotic, although I think they were afraid the game was getting out of control. The heat got away with a few things, and it hurt us, but the heat were the better team on SUnday. Just like I'm betting we will be on Tuesday.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

You know me, always the conspiracy theorist.  I knew as soon as they whistled that phantom 3rd foul on rondo that we weren't going to be allowed to win that game.

Still believe the nba doesnt' want to give them the series though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Jones will not have a game like that again Wade will continue to have to score that many Bench production 23 points.....best so far. Delonte and Green better offensively. O'Neal 9pts. 3 rebs. not bad either as opposed to Perkins 2pts. 6 rebounds and not seeing the floor the last 5 minutes of the game in OKC. Rondo will be better I think Paul will be pissed We win this one......
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]

The Cs were not even in the game, not sure what you were watching.  Their last two meetings have resulted in losing by an average of 17.

Wade will have to continue to score like that?  Well unless of course LeBron does.  Bosh missed wide open shots - he will likely not miss that many again.

Once they had a 15 point lead LeBron was content just taking jumpers - that won't happen in game 2 - everything will be to the rim.

Rondo will be better?  Why exactly.  He showed what he is, he read his press clippings, he heard people say that he was the key to the series so he excused himself from the game as an embarrassment.  The highlight of his game was he actually made 2 free throws.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Officiating in the NBA is really hard. You have t en players moving simulataneously with all kinds of incidental contact along the way, a variety of obscure and seldom enforced rules, and it's all played out from end to end at blazing fast speed. unlike tennis, with a simple in or out, a lot of times calls are not clear cut.  people disagree on calls all the time. How many times have Jef Van Gundy and Marc jackson argued whether a call is correct? It's hard to say something is absolutely right or wrong. That said I don't think the officals did a good job. Throwing pierce out was just idiotic, although I think they were afraid the game was getting out of control. The heat got away with a few things, and it hurt us, but the heat were the better team on SUnday. Just like I'm betting we will be on Tuesday.  
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

The real problem with NBA officiating is that there are multiple violations on every single play - traveling, palming, and probably 5 fouls committed for every one called.

Then when a call is actually made some lunkhead complains that there is no way a foul was committed.  I remember a game during the season, it was a national game because what they showed would never have been showed on NESN.  Someone was going down the court and they played it in slow motion and counted out 4 fouls against Perk before the guy that he was harrassing got down the floor to accept a pass, then when the pass was made Perk fouled the guy two more times.  Drum roll please.... they called one of the 6 fouls on the play and Perk scowled and had a bowel movement gift wrapped for the ref.

The game would be a parade to the line if they called all the fouls committed, so they call them periodically just to make a subtle attempt at keeping it somewhat realistic.

Is it some sort of surprise that we used to see scores like 124 - 116 and now that requires riple overtime.

Guys going to the rim travel then cradle the ball like a running back and have to clear away two defenders who both commit a foul but the guy with the ball gets called for an offensive foul simply for attempting to get some space to the rim.  The two fouls committed prior to the offensive foul are not called because those two guys would be out of the game in the first 5 minutes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to What Will Happen In Game 2:
    [QUOTE]Expect to see Pierce step his game up and take it to the heat. Expect ray allen to continue being ray allen. Expect rondo to be more agressive but not score alot and have a big assists game. Expect KG to come down to the post. Expect to see shaq play. (dont know what to expect out of him) Expect the Celtics to come out and play with that celtic swagga becuase they are mad after this one. Expect a game 2 win and back to boston 1-1. (Celtics will treat this game as a must win)

I must be missing something - please remind why the Heat are going to allow this to happen?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What Will Happen In Game 2 : I must be missing something - please remind why the Heat are going to allow this to happen?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    because we will force our style into the game...do you not think we can do that...i really wasnt all that impressed with miami last game...but then again it really doesnt matter if they were impressive or not cause they got the win...
    if you really think we will play like that again for a second straight game in the playoffs...
    you got problems...
    what makes you think the celtics will allow james jones to go crazy from 3 again? that doesnt happen we win...plain and simple...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Will Happen In Game 2 : because we will force our style into the game...do you not think we can do that...i really wasnt all that impressed with miami last game...but then again it really doesnt matter if they were impressive or not cause they got the win... if you really think we will play like that again for a second straight game in the playoffs... you got problems... what makes you think the celtics will allow james jones to go crazy from 3 again? that doesnt happen we win...plain and simple...

What are the Heat going to do differently that will allow the Cs to force their style into the game?

You are a Cs fan - of course you weren't impressed by the Heat - the way they dominated the first half, got every loose ball, ever big rebound, got to the rim pretty much whenever they wanted to and then coasted in the second half = of course you weren't impressed by that...ummmmm CUZ IT WASN"T YOUR TEAM THAT DID IT.

What makes me think the Cs will allow James Jones to make 3s like that again?  Well let's see.... the Cs overcommit on Wade and LeBron and double them every time they get within a sniff of the rim and they then pass it out to James / Miller / Bibby, etc.  That is how I think they can do it again.  Sound familiar?  The Cs do it all the time... a player penetrates and then when the lane clogs up they kick it out to a very good shooter named Pierce or KG or Jesus..... why does it only work for the Heat once but the Cs do it all the time?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

miami wont do anything different they will prob. come with the same exact game plan...
    but that doesnt mean that kg doesnt go down to the post area where no1 on the heat can guard him.
    it also doesnt mean pierce will have a horrible 1st half that didnt have anything to do with what the heat players were doing...he was just fumbling the ball away very carelessly in the 1st half...and that wont happen again...
    rondo wont have 3 quick fouls again when was the last time rondo was in foul trouble?...
    and we will have some1 stick to the people shooting the 3's ....maybe easier said then done when going against lebron and dwade who demand alot of attention...
    BUT our rotations will be much more crisp...we play much better defense than what was displayed in game 1...some had to do with miami, but i think it had more to do with our bad rotations...
    And the playoffs are all about adjustments...heat wont make adjustments on any1 but ray allen ... they wont make any adjustments on pierce kg or rondo...
    we will make our adjustments and well see if miami can adjust during the game to it ...
    MY main point is if we dont have a horrible 1st half WHICH HAD TO DO WITH US not miami...WE WIN...
    this series will be all about adjustments which i believe we are truly the better team at doing...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

KG needs to step up. You are the anchor of this team act like it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Will Happen In Game 2 : The Cs were not even in the game, not sure what you were watching.  Their last two meetings have resulted in losing by an average of 17. Wade will have to continue to score like that?  Well unless of course LeBron does.  Bosh missed wide open shots - he will likely not miss that many again. Once they had a 15 point lead LeBron was content just taking jumpers - that won't happen in game 2 - everything will be to the rim. Rondo will be better?  Why exactly.  He showed what he is, he read his press clippings, he heard people say that he was the key to the series so he excused himself from the game as an embarrassment.  The highlight of his game was he actually made 2 free throws.
    Agreed, the heat coasted to the win

maybe james jones doesnt go nuts again, but maybe lebron drops 40, or wade with another 35+ or maybe bosh doesnt miss everything he shoots in game 2

who knows? but to expect the heat will lie down and let the C's win one, is being really, really naive

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Will Happen In Game 2 : What are the Heat going to do differently that will allow the Cs to force their style into the game? You are a Cs fan - of course you weren't impressed by the Heat - the way they dominated the first half, got every loose ball, ever big rebound, got to the rim pretty much whenever they wanted to and then coasted in the second half = of course you weren't impressed by that...ummmmm CUZ IT WASN"T YOUR TEAM THAT DID IT. What makes me think the Cs will allow James Jones to make 3s like that again?  Well let's see.... the Cs overcommit on Wade and LeBron and double them every time they get within a sniff of the rim and they then pass it out to James / Miller / Bibby, etc.  That is how I think they can do it again.  Sound familiar?  The Cs do it all the time... a player penetrates and then when the lane clogs up they kick it out to a very good shooter named Pierce or KG or Jesus..... why does it only work for the Heat once but the Cs do it all the time?

so the heat COASTED to a win?  Yeah, go with that.  Whatever you say, dud, you're so much smarter than the rest of us peons!!  COASTED - I love it!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Will Happen In Game 2 : so the heat COASTED to a win?  Yeah, go with that.  Whatever you say, dud, you're so much smarter than the rest of us peons!!  COASTED - I love it!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

The score 29 to 16 over the remainder of the game the Heat surrendered 4 points of that lead.  Had they played defense in the second half the way they did in the first half it would have been much like the last regular season game, 100 to 77........