what's our cap situation like for next year? it's time to rebuild.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

what's our cap situation like for next year? it's time to rebuild.

i'm open to any and all suggestions at this point, except for any suggestion that we mortgage our future to make some kind of last run at a title. that's not gonna happen as long as the heat are healthy. so...

i'd see what kind of trades we can do that will either help us acquire young talent, stockpile pics, or shed salary. that's what we need to be thinking about.

i'd like to try and keep a young core (rondo, bradley, sully, lee, green, melo) to build around, but if we have to part with any or all of those guys, so be it. everyone else is trade bait IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Re: what's our cap situation like for next year? it's time to rebuild.

I would trade Pierce and KG at  this point, to get future picks, young studs, and expiring contracts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

This is what they are looking at

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/yearly/

You may have to copy and paste.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

With no trades and letting Pierce walk they have $57,217,672 in guaranteed salaries. Maybe with a couple of moves they can get a decent FA or 2

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I'm starting to think that this year is done, and to focus all transactions on building a competitive team beginning next year.  There are too many dysfunctional team issues, wrong players, bad chemistry, young runners with old half court players.

I too would like to keep all the players you mention with the exception of Rondo (for the reasons below)

I absolutely think Pierce MUST be traded this year.  We can get something of value for him from a contender.  Rebuild!

Rondo and Bradley are not a compatable back court. Neither has proven they are a threat from the outside and both are under-sized. One should be moved.  Either get a bigger SG scoring threat, or a PG with an outside shot. or preferably both. Maybe move Bradley to the point.  

If Rondo is traded, insert Garnett as the team leader.  I think he should have been the leader anyway.  Rondo is simply not a good team leader...

Trading Pierce and Rondo - and any of the following: Bass, Terry, Wilcox, either Barboasa or Lee but not both, and even Melo should set a solid new foundation for next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

Say what you want about Rondo but he is a superstar. He was one of the leading vote getters in the NBA for the all star game. He has global appeal. People actually want to play with him. You start the rebuilding process with a superstar and hope to get 2 more. Bradley trade will help land us one when he starts to play better (by trading him)..Either Trade Pierce now or buy him out in the off season and make a play at josh Smith.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

If it is time to rebuilt and we don't keep any player for sentimental reason we have to ship everyone we can for picks:

Pierce and especially KG have a value for a contender. Actually I am not sure who has more value to OKC. Even if they ship Martin they might be able to add another shooter (Terry?) and then KG would bring more to the table than Pierce.

Put Miami on Miamis team and they are a have to more rings guaranted! But to they have sth to offer for us? Don't think so.

What about Pierce to Memphis. The Grizzlies need shooters so badly. To they have sth to offer for us?

What about the Clips? They could use both PP and KG to take the final step for a ring. To they have a pick worth of sth.

Rondo is another story: He is young and could be used a trait bait or for a pick even from a non contender (who usually are lower). The problem: The league is full of great young PGs. Will be not easy to get value according to his talent as his unorthodox play makes it difficult to built around him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I'm starting to think that this year is done, and to focus all transactions on building a competitive team beginning next year.  There are too many dysfunctional team issues, wrong players, bad chemistry, young runners with old half court players.

I too would like to keep all the players you mention with the exception of Rondo (for the reasons below)

I absolutely think Pierce MUST be traded this year.  We can get something of value for him from a contender.  Rebuild!

Rondo and Bradley are not a compatable back court. Neither has proven they are a threat from the outside and both are under-sized. One should be moved.  Either get a bigger SG scoring threat, or a PG with an outside shot. or preferably both. Maybe move Bradley to the point.  

If Rondo is traded, insert Garnett as the team leader.  I think he should have been the leader anyway.  Rondo is simply not a good team leader...

Trading Pierce and Rondo - and any of the following: Bass, Terry, Wilcox, either Barboasa or Lee but not both, and even Melo should set a solid new foundation for next year.

If you trade Rondo, Garnett will probably just retire. Also, I doubt Garnett has lost his voice in the locker room. Garnett is one of the leaders on this team the problem isn't leadership. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

I would trade Pierce and KG at  this point, to get future picks, young studs, and expiring contracts.

KG has a no trade clause in his contract. He isn't going anywhere. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Rondo needs to stay...unless you are getting a haul.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Try to get Rudy Gay for PP and a #1

Try to get Redick for one of the two...Green/Lee

Resign Pietrus if he's healthy

Rondo, AB, Gay, Sully, KG

Terry, Redick, Pietrus, Bass and Melo

I'm lost at putting out option because I think we should be winning with what's in the locker room and it's not happening.

Gay and Redick improve our scoring by at least 10-12 points a game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celtics can't win anything with Rudy Gay, JJ Redick, and Mickeal Pietris.  This is especially true if Terry and Bass are still there as well.  We won't beat anyone with that lineup.   That's a lottery team!

For all the good and bad talk about Rondo, I think the guy is a superstar.  He's got all kinds of skills and is well recognized for them.  So, trading him would actually bring a superstar.   I say trade Rondo and Pierce.  KG will retire as he won't play with a bunch of new buds.  He's so loyal he'll just give up.   What we can get for Pierce and Rondo and what we can get for the cap room KG gives us makes a whole new team.   

The issue is who can we trade for who's capable of leading us to become a championship calibre team?   There are few (none?) superstars coming into free agency.    Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, and OJ Majo (assuming Chris Paul just resigns where he is) are the only real impact players.  Otherwise, we're just fighting over guys who are all very good complementary players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Celtics can't win anything with Rudy Gay, JJ Redick, and Mickeal Pietris.  This is especially true if Terry and Bass are still there as well.  We won't beat anyone with that lineup.   That's a lottery team!

For all the good and bad talk about Rondo, I think the guy is a superstar.  He's got all kinds of skills and is well recognized for them.  So, trading him would actually bring a superstar.   I say trade Rondo and Pierce.  KG will retire as he won't play with a bunch of new buds.  He's so loyal he'll just give up.   What we can get for Pierce and Rondo and what we can get for the cap room KG gives us makes a whole new team.   

The issue is who can we trade for who's capable of leading us to become a championship calibre team?   There are few (none?) superstars coming into free agency.    Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, and OJ Majo (assuming Chris Paul just resigns where he is) are the only real impact players.  Otherwise, we're just fighting over guys who are all very good complementary players.

It is kind of amazing.  people are talking about Perkins, BBD, House, Powe Nate Robinson, Pietrus.

Like any of those guys wuold make any difference.

Wow.

14. This post has been removed.