What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick?

In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : And YOU think that the lakers will get DH, Stephen Jackson, Ramon Sessions and Derrick Williams...........
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Realistically, probably not.
    Just some ideas.
    I don't think LA will trade for Howard.
    I am hoping he goes to NJ.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : Come on, Gina, our rebuilding starts in 2012. The Lakers can't start rebuilding until 2014.  But if the Lakers send Gasol to Boston for Rondo then the Lakers are already rebuilt. Rondo is turning 26 years old and Bynum is still 24 years old, that's 2 building blocks right there.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

LA has a chance at 3 more championships.
    Boston is done.
    in 2014 LA will be able to sign anyone and will have HUGE revenue to do it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : Realistically, probably not. Just some ideas. I don't think LA will trade for Howard. I am hoping he goes to NJ.
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]

And I never wrote that we should trade KG's contract for a lottery pick - it's just an idea - and not even mine!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : Don't forget you said the player's contract expires after he played his last game. We all know that's also not true. That means you're the 3rd D in the D and D and D movie. Ha Ha

I was glad I was able to expose your fantasy for what it was.
    FICTION.
    Now go start a trade Rondo thread.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : LA has a chance at 3 more championships. Boston is done. in 2014 LA will be able to sign anyone and will have HUGE revenue to do it.

HA HA HA - comedy posts are two doors to the right.  Pills for the fully delusional available at cost!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : And I never wrote that we should trade KG's contract for a lottery pick - it's just an idea - and not even mine!!

Good example of Aaron Mckie that was N/A.
    Sharper then a rock...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't advocate tanking the season, but also highly doubt there's any deals Ainge can make now that will dramatically change the path of where this season is headed.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about making any improvements to the current roster.  I only think that trades should be made if they will help the rebuilding process and not be a short-term solution.  I also think that teams do tank the season, but it doesn't happen very often.  If teams in any sport are having a losing season, they might lose their remaining games in order to get a better draft pick.  I am sure that it does happen. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : I agree with you about making any improvements to the current roster.  I only think that trades should be made if they will help the rebuilding process and not be a short-term solution.  I also think that teams do tank the season, but it doesn't happen very often.  If teams in any sport are having a losing season, they might lost their remaining games in order to get a better draft pick.  I am sure that it does happen. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Who's going to be the one to tell KG and Ray to lose games?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : Good example of Aaron Mckie that was N/A. Sharper then a rock...

koME scoring 40 points in a row
    Bill Russell needing HOF players to be good
    Darko Milicic is the T-Wolves all time leading scorer
    Ramon Sessions, Stephen Jackson, Derrick Williams and DH will all be with the lakers in a month..................CLEARLY I'm sharper than you!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

F34, I will let you amend your KG trade idea.
    Steal Red's idea.

Boston can overwhelm Utah by trading kG's expiring contract for Jefferson and Millsap. ROFLMAO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : Who's going to be the one to tell KG and Ray to lose games?

I don't know if they would lose on purpose, but I do believe that teams do this if they are already having a losing season.  The Colts last season are an example of a team that may have lost on purpose.  It doesn't seem possible that a team could have been so bad just because they lost their quarterback.  When the Patriots lost Brady for the season they did ok and had a very respectable season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]F34, I will let you amend your KG trade idea. Steal Red's idea. Boston can overwhelm Utah by trading kG's expiring contract for Jefferson and Millsap. ROFLMAO

Ah, no, that was in the preseason...............changed my mind on that one early.  Nice try, though.
    Where IS that link that shows koME scoring 40 points in a row?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : I don't know if they would lose on purpose, but I do believe that teams do this if they are already having a losing season.  The Colts last season are an example of a team that may have lost on purpose.  It doesn't seem possible that a team could have been so bad just because they lost their quarterback.  When the Patriots lost Brady for the season they did ok and had a very respectable season. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

The Colts clearly were terrible.
    If word got out that KG and Ray lost on purpose, that would be their legacy.
    It will never happen.

Boston will have to make the best of the 15th pick or whatever number they have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : Ah, no, that was in the preseason...............changed my mind on that one early.  Nice try, though. Where IS that link that shows koME scoring 40 points in a row?

Changed your mind. After I told you it was dumb.
    You have quite the Kobe fetish don't you...???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

A free agent like McKie stays on the books as a "cap hold" until he re-signs with his own team, signs with another team, or is renounced. UPDATE: These players are not under contract and are typically not paid (exception: McKie, and all those bought out under the one-time amnesty rule). But they have not been renounced either -- it's like the team has a right of first refusal to their playing services if they want to come back. And that right costs the team a little bit of space under the salary cap. Teams that are trying to maximize cap space to sign free agents typically will renounce these guys. But in the meantime, they hang around on the books.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : Changed your mind. After I told you it was dumb. You have quite the Kobe fetish don't you...???

No, mtrax told me it was dumb!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]A free agent like McKie stays on the books as a "cap hold" until he re-signs with his own team, signs with another team, or is renounced. UPDATE: These players are not under contract and are typically not paid ( exception: McKie, and all those bought out under the one-time amnesty rule). But they have not been renounced either -- it's like the team has a right of first refusal to their playing services if they want to come back. And that right costs the team a little bit of space under the salary cap. Teams that are trying to maximize cap space to sign free agents typically will renounce these guys. But in the meantime, they hang around on the books.

Dingdong, this conversation is over.
    McKie was re-signed by LA to trade him to Memphis.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : Just remember, if the Rondo for Gasol trade becomes a reality, you heard it here first. 

We will give you credit.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : Dingdong, this conversation is over. McKie was re-signed by LA to trade him to Memphis.

So who paid him the 750K?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? : Who's going to be the one to tell KG and Ray to lose games?

Let Pierce tell them, he's the Captain!! If that don't work, he can lead by example!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's so bad about be a Lottery Pick? :  Let Pierce tell them, he's the Captain!! If that don't work, he can lead by example!!
    Posted by KyCelt2[/QUOTE]
    LOL!!!!!  He is already doing that!