What's up Doc??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

What's up Doc??

So I see we are back to this! It looks like White, Randolph and TWill are just going to be filling uniforms for Doc. SMH! Geez, can these guys get a little run so we can see how they perform. I see Crawford is playing but let's see if White or Randolph can grab more rebounds than Bass...who may have one at the moment. Doc will complain about not having enough guys to practice and how the team needs rest. So when they get rest and sign guys he doesn't play them. This is the time to play them...it's a back to back and tomorrow it's the Pacers.

He will wait for an injury and then they will play. It's like a broken record every year. Very frsutrating.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Re: What's up Doc??

New guys learning the system, a team that is surging with an 11-4 record, and a need to win every possible game is not a recipe for big minutes by new players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I'm not saying play them big minutes...spot minutes though. I would rather them play spot minutes against the Sixers and save our horses for tomorrow vs Pacers...but hey whatever. I understand this is how Doc works, he's seen them in practice. I would just like to develop more guys before we have more injuries because then they will be playing big minutes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Crawford is in and so is Williams. Nice play by the both of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

So I see we are back to this! It looks like White, Randolph and TWill are just going to be filling uniforms for Doc. SMH! Geez, can these guys get a little run so we can see how they perform. I see Crawford is playing but let's see if White or Randolph can grab more rebounds than Bass...who may have one at the moment. Doc will complain about not having enough guys to practice and how the team needs rest. So when they get rest and sign guys he doesn't play them. This is the time to play them...it's a back to back and tomorrow it's the Pacers.

He will wait for an injury and then they will play. It's like a broken record every year. Very frsutrating.

Wow - the team wins 12 games and loses 4 on the road since Rondo is out and you're complaining that Doc's not playing 2 guys who just got here and know NOTHING about the system?   Did you not watch the first half of the season and see how Terry and others struggled to learn the defensive system?  Even the announcers said tonight and pointed out tonight how lost guys were when they were new.

Williams got minutes, as did Crawford.  Come on, man, give them a break.  Celebrate success.  I think the coaches made the right moves tonight.  No one got too many minutes and they won like they should have.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The Doc haters have nothing to say tonight because the Celts won.

Seriously, why do you want to replace Doc Rivers with Jeff Van Gundy? 

Doc will play the players that best help the team to win, period. With the games as close as they have been it tough to put players we just got in. He has used Crawford alot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

White and Randolph are depth guys, 10th-11th men types, that will hopefully be up to speed in time to really rest KG down the stretch, he will prob sit a few games.

Bass leaves much to be desired as a starting PF for a contender, but he has been in this system awhile now... If both Bass and White arrived as clean slates in training camp to a new team they obv could have been a battle, but not on this club now, White would have to really outplay him in practice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Nice to see TWill and Terry go from a 30/1 min split last game to 26/7 tonight. Hopefully by the playoffs its around a 20-15. We will need Terry to hit dagger 3's in the 2nd nad 4th quarters of playoff games and his vet savvy is welcome, but at his age he shouldn't be logging his 6th man mins anymore when a 25 year old swiss army knife who can impact the game better in every other way but shooting is behind him. 

Crawford should stay around 15 mins per and hopefully catch fire for 12 like tonight 2x for every 1x he drops 5-7.

When the games really matter and KG is getting 33-37 minutes a night we'll need to see Wilcox around 24-28 mins grabbing 8-10 boards and Bass at 20-24 mins shooting 60% and giving 110% if we are to be really scary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Wow - the team wins 12 games and loses 4 on the road since Rondo is out and you're complaining that Doc's not playing 2 guys who just got here and know NOTHING about the system?   Did you not watch the first half of the season and see how Terry and others struggled to learn the defensive system?  Even the announcers said tonight and pointed out tonight how lost guys were when they were new.

Williams got minutes, as did Crawford.  Come on, man, give them a break.  Celebrate success.  I think the coaches made the right moves tonight.  No one got too many minutes and they won like they should have.

Interesting how you feel Terry needed half the season to learn the system and the two newest guys arent getting PT cause they know nothing about the system...

Yet Crawford came over and instantly picked up the "system" and got PT??? lol

Terry didnt need 1/2 the season to learn the system..Terry needed Rondo to get lost and voila...

Cant have it both ways..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Guys Doc did manage the game well but remember it's Philly. I'm not talking about playing these guys 30 mins but when you play teams that are under .500 I would like to see more of our depth. We got the win but there is going to come a time when we need them to play. Doc should just pick spots and tonight I thought would've been a good time. It's no big deal but I don't want to hear you guys complaining in 2 weeks about how we have no bigs, how Bass and Wilcox aren't rebounding, etc. Save your best 8-9 guys for the upper echelon teams, use your depth against the weaker teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Guys Doc did manage the game well but remember it's Philly. I'm not talking about playing these guys 30 mins but when you play teams that are under .500 I would like to see more of our depth. We got the win but there is going to come a time when we need them to play. Doc should just pick spots and tonight I thought would've been a good time. It's no big deal but I don't want to hear you guys complaining in 2 weeks about how we have no bigs, how Bass and Wilcox aren't rebounding, etc. Save your best 8-9 guys for the upper echelon teams, use your depth against the weaker teams.

I like what happened last nite.  We kept a good thing going on the road.  Winning on the road is a lot more important that getting a couple of guys some time that more than likely will not get any come playoff time.  I would love to see what they can do as well but not at the expense of winning games.  You saw last nite how fast the game can change.  We were up I think 14 with just a couple minutes left in the 3rd quarter and boom,  we start the 4th quarter with a 5 pt lead.  I used to think the same way,  a few minutes in the first half wouldn't hurt,  but as you can see it can hurt.  They will get their chance.  Stay patient grashopper.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I like what happened last nite.  We kept a good thing going on the road.  Winning on the road is a lot more important that getting a couple of guys some time that more than likely will not get any come playoff time.  I would love to see what they can do as well but not at the expense of winning games.  You saw last nite how fast the game can change.  We were up I think 14 with just a couple minutes left in the 3rd quarter and boom,  we start the 4th quarter with a 5 pt lead.  I used to think the same way,  a few minutes in the first half wouldn't hurt,  but as you can see it can hurt.  They will get their chance.  Stay patient grashopper.

Touche'  Good point!