What's up with the Cs Bench

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

What's up with the Cs Bench

Is this the bench that was finally gonna hold on to leads that DA is proud of? They are awful! Nate Robinson is a continuing bust, Marquis seems lost, Von wafer is collecting a check and well I really can't discredit Erden he's just thrown out there with those 3. I realize that Delonte isn't there as well as Shaq (which would allow Jermaine to play with 2nd team) but there is no reason this present group can't provide any offense nor defense for that matter. Danny start looking!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: What's up with the Cs Bench

I'm not sure what's going on. I think the 2nd unit needs a guy like Shaq to command a double team. They need someone to go to on the block to free up shooters like Nate and Wafer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Wafer's not playing enough to get into the flow of the game. Nate is off to a bad start. Big Baby is playing very well and Daniels is playing adequate. Once Shaq returns as well as Delonte, the bench will shape up.
        Nate does have me concerned a bit. However if Nate doesn't play better eventually, Delonte can play the point for the second unit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

seemed stagnant to me last night.......no ball movement......plays slow developing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

With West Oneal and Perk back (maybe an if possibly a when) the bench is extremely deep. This bench is still very solid. Part of the role of the bench is to come in and play when starters are injured. They have done that well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Once Nate gets it going again the Celtics will get more easy wins. 

I think it's only fair if we judge the Cs bench after Delonte gets some time on the court.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

how can nate play well in 6 minutes like last night?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's up with the Cs Bench:
    [QUOTE]how can nate play well in 6 minutes like last night?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

You might want to check how Nate was doing before last night. 

19.2% FG and 08.3% 3pt FG 

Just look at those stats, it's very hard to give the guy a lot of minutes if he's shooting like that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Top two centers were injured last night and the Celtics won.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I was waiting for this thread. Last nite while watching the game, I thought that it would have been good idea to try out Harangody because the energy was not there with the guys who were playing. I agree, there was something missing. I think yesterdays game does not reflect what the bench will look like eventually. Doc should have looked farther on the bench. He should on those nights where the bench energy is just not there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Nate is playing poorly but I don't think we should be worrying about him.  The health of the O'Neals is the concern.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Unfortunately Nate has been brutal as backup PG and his shot is way off right now.  He looked good all pre-season when he and Delonte played together so I'm hoping the bench will be much improved after the suspension is done. 

Both O'Neals taking turns being injured is also a  factor.  If they're ever both healthy at the same time, it will also be a huge boost to the bench.

Daniels is a bit trick or treat.  Some games he looks good and others you barely notice he's out there.

Von Wafer doesn't look terrible but everytime he gets in the game the other team seems to go on a big run.  His + - numbers have been very bad.

Semih has some potential but is still learning the NBA game and the C's system.  I actually think he's been a pleasant surprise.  I thought he would be a stiff.

Finally, kudos to Big Baby.  He's been fantastic so far this year.  Imagine how bad the bench would be without him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]how can nate play well in 6 minutes like last night?

With Rondo playing out of his mind, and Celtics playing close in games, Nate role is diminished...he is the Firecracker to jump-start momentum...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Wafer hasn't been playing enough minutes to even get into the flow of the game. Playing 3 minutes stints one or 2 times per game is a tough position to be in. With Delonte out I thought he would be able to get enough minutes to prove himself. Doc in his usual style decides to play Ray Allen around 40 minutes per game. 
        When Doc has a choice, he prefers to play proven players rather than giving younger players a chance to show their talents. Erden got some minutes last night only because Shaq was out. If Shaq plays, Erden would be bench bound all game. I understand Docs reasoning, but I hate to see young prospects not given a chance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]Wafer hasn't been playing enough minutes to even get into the flow of the game. Playing 3 minutes stints one or 2 times per game is a tough position to be in. With Delonte out I thought he would be able to get enough minutes to prove himself. Doc in his usual style decides to play Ray Allen around 40 minutes per game.     

Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

True, he actually sat Wafer after he made a nice jumper and after the C's were in need of offense. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Doc sits those who gets lost on the defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"eh. Bring this back up in about game 20 when Shaq and Delonte are on the bench and the whole team has games under their belt playing together." One of the most spot-on things I've ever seen you post tpenny - agree 100 percent. 

Danny start looking? You're out of your mind. Wait till Delonte comes back at least and gets some games under his belt. Then reassess.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's up with the Cs Bench : 08.3% 3pt FG  Just look at those stats, it's very hard to give the guy a lot of minutes if he's shooting like that.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

ray just had three games averaging 10% on threes and we ran him about 38 mins a game.  you just don't make a player with as much scoring explosiveness and sound fundamentals fade into nothing because he had a bad start over 3 or 4 games. 

instead you coach them and don't cut their minutes back like this.  unless you are doc.  what better way to get nate of the shnide than letting him have at brendan jennings, who might be a good player some day but is not really all there defenisvely.   most of nate's minutes v. milwaukee came in the 1st quarter, when everyone was stinko anyway.

speaking of not there defenisvely- poor maggette- he couldn't guard a statue in a city park.  lol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]...he is the Firecracker to jump-start momentum...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

i think he's a lot more than that waiting to happen.  with a full year under his belt in green, nate can step in where rondo internally barfs in the fourth quarter and becomes ineffective.  nate is 85% free throws with his eyes clothes and can spread the floor. 

like we saw in the last minutes of regulation and o/t, rondo can't take the heat of handling the ball w/ hack a rondo being in play and this puts pierce into dual role of point guard and having to do horrendous solo conciertos with the ball to set himself up.  this crap has to stop.  we have the tools do finish out the last minutes better than that. 

pierce is past his ability to do the solo thing and rondo is nowhere near ready for prime time game close outs.  enter nate.  but not @ 6 mins a game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's up with the Cs Bench : ray just had three games averaging 10% on threes and we ran him about 38 mins a game.  you just don't make a player with as much scoring explosiveness and sound fundamentals fade into nothing because he had a bad start over 3 or 4 games.  instead you coach them and don't cut their minutes back like this.  unless you are doc.  what better way to get nate of the shnide than letting him have at brendan jennings, who might be a good player some day but is not really all there defenisvely.   most of nate's minutes v. milwaukee came in the 1st quarter, when everyone was stinko anyway. speaking of not there defenisvely- poor maggette- he couldn't guard a statue in a city park.  lol.

Just give it some time to work itself out. By January if Ray is still playing close to 38 minutes per game then we have a problem. 

I think it will be different once Delonte comes back. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

I don't understand why they haven't tried Harangody a bit more myself.  He was great in the summer league and very good in preseason.  He also shows alot of energy which is what the bench needs.  Yet, he has only played 3 minutes the entire year.  Even in just those 3 minutes (obviosuly an extremely low sample) he played well.  What are they waiting for?  Can't hurt to try him more often.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's up with the Cs Bench : http://www.nba.com/playerfile/nate_robinson/index.html You might want to check how Nate was doing before last night.  19.2% FG and 08.3% 3pt FG  Just look at those stats, it's very hard to give the guy a lot of minutes if he's shooting like that.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Weren't you the one spouting on about how superior the celtic bench was against the Lakers?! Blake has already won the Lakers a game, Barnes has been a good fit so I guess the continuation of an already stated fact is...no cred.

Lakers will lose their season opener against the Rockets at Staples.
    Lakers will lose tonite against the Kings- P34.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Celtics

Davis 13.4 ppg, 28.8 mpg
    Daniels 5.6 ppg, 16.6 mpg
    JO 5.0 ppg 18.0 mpg
    Robinson 3.6 ppg 13.0 mpg

Total Bench ppg 27.6 ppg

Lakers

Barnes 9.8 ppg 21.6 mpg
    Brown 8.4 ppg 18.4 mpg
    Blake 6.6 ppg 18.8 mpg
    Ratliff 0.0 ppg 9.6 mpg

Total Bench ppg 24.8 ppg

You were saying?

Those stats are based on the top 4 bench players with the most playing time. 

Don't tell me nba.com is lying.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand why they haven't tried Harangody a bit more myself.  He was great in the summer league and very good in preseason.  He also shows alot of energy which is what the bench needs.  Yet, he has only played 3 minutes the entire year.  Even in just those 3 minutes (obviosuly an extremely low sample) he played well.  What are they waiting for?  Can't hurt to try him more often.
    Posted by sjddaj[/QUOTE]

Luke has a high B-Ball IQ, but dont throw him into the fire too quickly, in time, he will play...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I really don't understand the criticism of the bench. I know they aren't really holding leads, but when there is a full complement this team is crushing people. Delonte, three seven footers, (OnealS, Erden) and Baby. Nate is doing great, but that is pretty much the only real issue currently. He will turn it around. I think the bench has been great. They are filling in at Center.