What's wrong???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SavCeltic. Show SavCeltic's posts

What's wrong???

I don't understand what the fundamental problem is right now.  How can this team only play well for 12 out of 24 minutes?  It's not the trade... I don't think we have slipped that much defensively (although there were too many shots close to the rim in the 4th tonight), and offensively, we should have improved.  I mean, without the trade, the team was looking at having only 7 or 8 active players for several weeks.  Marquis (who played great this season) wasn't going to play again this year, and thus no-one to backk-up Pierce.  Perk (who I was sorry to see leave) has always been an offensive liability, though his defense and intimidation was big.  Nate was exciting, but never lived up to his potential this year...would have been nice to see him with West in the backcourt doing what they did in the preseason, but I'm not sure it would carry over.  Fact is, they needed help to be in a position to do something this year.

But, I don't believe all that is why they are struggling right now.

Why is the ball not moving?....the shots aren't going down, but the shot selection is poor (at best)!  Why are they not getting better shots?  Why are they waiting until less than 10 seconds on the shot clock to get into the offense?  Why aren't they continuing to attack the rim rather than settling for long jumpers?  Why is Ray Allen only getting desperation attempts in the 4th?---I know the recent stats of him shooting poorly from 3 in the 4th quarters of the last several games, but let's face it, he hasn't been incorporated into the flow of the offense, and his shots are "bail-out" shots!

WHY?  WHY?  WHY?

AND, more importantly, WHO has the answer to fix this...cause the playoffs start in a few weeks, and I would very much like to see #18 in June....but over the past 2 weeks we have dropped from #1 to #3 in the east.

Disappointing!.....Someone please fix this mess!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: What's wrong???

In Response to What's wrong???:
    [QUOTE]I don't understand what the fundamental problem is right now.  How can this team only play well for 12 out of 24 minutes?  It's not the trade... I don't think we have slipped that much defensively (although there were too many shots close to the rim in the 4th tonight), and offensively, we should have improved.  I mean, without the trade, the team was looking at having only 7 or 8 active players for several weeks.  Marquis (who played great this season) wasn't going to play again this year, and thus no-one to backk-up Pierce.  Perk (who I was sorry to see leave) has always been an offensive liability, though his defense and intimidation was big.  Nate was exciting, but never lived up to his potential this year...would have been nice to see him with West in the backcourt doing what they did in the preseason, but I'm not sure it would carry over.  Fact is, they needed help to be in a position to do something this year. But, I don't believe all that is why they are struggling right now. Why is the ball not moving?....the shots aren't going down, but the shot selection is poor (at best)!  Why are they not getting better shots?  Why are they waiting until less than 10 seconds on the shot clock to get into the offense?  Why aren't they continuing to attack the rim rather than settling for long jumpers?  Why is Ray Allen only getting desperation attempts in the 4th?---I know the recent stats of him shooting poorly from 3 in the 4th quarters of the last several games, but let's face it, he hasn't been incorporated into the flow of the offense, and his shots are "bail-out" shots! WHY?  WHY?  WHY? AND, more importantly, WHO has the answer to fix this...cause the playoffs start in a few weeks, and I would very much like to see #18 in June....but over the past 2 weeks we have dropped from #1 to #3 in the east. Disappointing!.....Someone please fix this mess!
    Posted by SavCeltic[/QUOTE]

Very well said... I could have easily said the same thing, word for word.  One reason this game was so frustrating to me is that we DID start doing things we were supposed to - like drive to the basket.  It's so disheartening to lose even though we corrected mistakes like that.  And even though Rondo - the real Rondo - is back.  And even though Pierce put his team on his back and played well enough to lead us to victory - at least at any other time this season.  It hurts.  And I am just as stunned and confused as you are.  I have to believe, though, that at least one of the O'Neals will be back and that will at least give us back our defensive center.  I also have to believe that our Big 3 do not want to tarnish their legacy so they'll find a way to be back at their best while coaching their teammates to do the same.  It just cannot end like this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: What's wrong???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What's wrong??? : Very well said... I could have easily said the same thing, word for word.  One reason this game was so frustrating to me is that we DID start doing things we were supposed to - like drive to the basket.  It's so disheartening to lose even though we corrected mistakes like that.  And even though Rondo - the real Rondo - is back.  And even though Pierce put his team on his back and played well enough to lead us to victory - at least at any other time this season.  It hurts.  And I am just as stunned and confused as you are.  I have to believe, though, that at least one of the O'Neals will be back and that will at least give us back our defensive center.  I also have to believe that our Big 3 do not want to tarnish their legacy so they'll find a way to be back at their best while coaching their teammates to do the same.  It just cannot end like this.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Our offense is not moving the ball  smoothly and KG keeps taking too many jumpers,
    KG plays  offense like a shooting guard.  Big Baby also is taking too many jumpers and has no lift and gets too many shots blocked.  PP is the only guy besides Wafer who I have faith going to the basket for layups.  I have the NBA league pass and I see how better most of the other teams play offense.  We  need more scorers on our team.  Even Tony Allen is scoring this year.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Definitely agree with your assessment there Rick.  I guess what I'm so incredulous about is that they let it get to that point.  Of course with Wafer injured as well as our two best centers, they're handicapped in their ability to correct it all.

And Tony Allen... yeah, I've noticed! Is it me or was he not scoring nearly as much when he was here???