When Celtics Win Championship, No One Will Remember tonight's Stinker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

When Celtics Win Championship, No One Will Remember tonight's Stinker

If, any, last year showed us that the regular season means little, and no one will remember tonight's lost to the Thunders after the Celts win the title this year.  

I am sure Rasheed Wallace is telling the guys to just chill, stop trying so hard it's only the regular season.  LOL.   Besides a loss is a loss, no matter who they play, and it's a long season, stinkers like tonight is going to happen.  Nothing is wrong with the Cs, it's just part of the regular season process.

8 wins out of 10 games, like Shaq says, "I'll take that every time."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tony-50. Show Tony-50's posts

Re: When Celtics Win Championship, No One Will Remember tonight's Stinker

No One Will Remember this year's Celtics if Doc continues to let them do whatever they want.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsulats. Show jsulats's posts

Championship teams do not lose at home to marginal teams without their two best players!

Their 8-2 record could easily be 6-4.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: When Celtics Win Championship, No One Will Remember tonight's Stinker:
    [QUOTE]Championship teams do not lose at home to marginal teams without their two best players! Their 8-2 record could easily be 6-4.
    Posted by jsulats[/QUOTE]

So because the Celtics lost to an OKC team without KD and Jeff Green the Celtics have ZERO chance of making it to the Finals this year?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

Or the record could easily be 12-0 with a few good bounces.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to When Celtics Win Championship, No One Will Remember tonight's Stinker:
    [QUOTE]If, any, last year showed us that the regular season means little, and no one will remember tonight's lost to the Thunders after the Celts win the title this year.   I am sure Rasheed Wallace is telling the guys to just chill, stop trying so hard it's only the regular season.  LOL.   Besides a loss is a loss, no matter who they play, and it's a long season, stinkers like tonight is going to happen.  Nothing is wrong with the Cs, it's just part of the regular season process. 8 wins out of 10 games, like Shaq says, "I'll take that every time."   
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

If this team can't beat an OKC team without it's star player, AT HOME, how do you think they'll fare against a healthy Lakers team?! I guarantee you they won't be celebrating in Beantown.

Just like last year, some of you are already hanging that next banner after a dozen games. There's about 70 games left and ALL 3 of your centers have already missed games. Those guys have a lot of mileage on them. In fact, most of your team has a lot of wear and tear because they're no longer in their prime. So realistically, I think those guys are going to miss significant time with all their aches and pains. Perkins won't be back till January...what are you gonna do if Shaq and JON miss major minutes?

If healthy, yes, your guys are probably the best in the east. But recent history (last year!) shows that it's far more likely that you'll be headed to the playoffs with several players in the trainers room. The same can happen to any team, but age is definitely not your teams friend.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Same old Celtics. Your team will skate through the regular season, rest there older players and maybe win 50-55 games. But just like last year it won't be enough wins to have HCA against the Lakers. If your lucky to get back to the finals you won't beat the Lakers without HCA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Re: When Celtics Win Championship, No One Will Remember tonight's Stinker:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When Celtics Win Championship, No One Will Remember tonight's Stinker : So because the Celtics lost to an OKC team without KD and Jeff Green the Celtics have ZERO chance of making it to the Finals this year?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say ZERO, more like 3.491%.  The only teams with ZERO chance to win the NBA Championships are non-NBA teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

But we will remember if we dont have HC advantage

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When Celtics Win Championship, No One Will Remember tonight's Stinker : I wouldn't say ZERO, more like 3.491%.  The only teams with ZERO chance to win the NBA Championships are non-NBA teams.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that a non-NBA team beat the Lakers this year. The Lakers are the first NBA Champion in the 21st century to lose to a non-NBA team. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to When Celtics Win Championship, No One Will Remember tonight's Stinker : If this team can't beat an OKC team without it's star player, AT HOME, how do you think they'll fare against a healthy Lakers team?! I guarantee you they won't be celebrating in Beantown. Just like last year, some of you are already hanging that next banner after a dozen games. There's about 70 games left and ALL 3 of your centers have already missed games. Those guys have a lot of mileage on them. In fact, most of your team has a lot of wear and tear because they're no longer in their prime. So realistically, I think those guys are going to miss significant time with all their aches and pains. Perkins won't be back till January...what are you gonna do if Shaq and JON miss major minutes? If healthy, yes, your guys are probably the best in the east. But recent history (last year!) shows that it's far more likely that you'll be headed to the playoffs with several players in the trainers room. The same can happen to any team, but age is definitely not your teams friend.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Are you really that dumb? The Celtics beat the Thunder at OKC with a healthy Durant who scored 34 pts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

With just 1 championship in the last 24 years I don't know why my fellow celt fans are so above themselves. Besides, Phil Jackson wins his championships in bunches of 3, I've yet to see anything that tells me otherwise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    People become extra dumb when all they are doing is trying to provoke.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce, People become extra dumb when all they are doing is trying to provoke.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

When the Lakers lost BACK TO BACK they were nowhere to be found.

HAHAHA!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]Championship teams do not lose at home to marginal teams without their two best players! Their 8-2 record could easily be 6-4.
    Posted by jsulats[/QUOTE]

uh...did we not beat them...on their home court...

with
    durant ........ 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Guys, let's make this clear, OKC didn't win this game, but instead, the Celtics loss it.  OKC just caught a Celtic team that was slacking off.  If the the two exact team played again, Celtics would, no doubt in my mind, beat them 10 times in a row.

Remember, Celtics were blown out at home by Memphis last year, but no one remembers that, people only remember the Celtics being a few minutes away from another championship, and would have won it if it was not for David Stern's hitmen, namely the REFS, better known as the Lakers' sixth men-in-stripes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

If indeed the Lakers had the Refs on their side, why haven't they won all 82 games in the regular season? Or is it that the refs decide when the Lakers can win and when they can lose and this NBA league is Wrestlemania? Then why bother to watch if the fix is in?

Based on some of the comments on the board, David Stern and the NBA has decided that L.A. should win almost all of the time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Championship teams do not lose at home to marginal teams without their two best players!"

Actually in the NBA they do all the time. When losses like that become habits, that's not good. 

It wasn't a good loss by any means but with any early season loss, how the Celts respond is a big part of the equation here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"If this team can't beat an OKC team without it's star player, AT HOME, how do you think they'll fare against a healthy Lakers team?!"

And how do you know the Lakers will be healthy? Bynum sure isn't right now. Good luck with your myopia.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

[QUOTE]If indeed the Lakers had the Refs on their side, why haven't they won all 82 games in the regular season? Or is it that the refs decide when the Lakers can win and when they can lose and this NBA league is Wrestlemania? Then why bother to watch if the fix is in? Based on some of the comments on the board, David Stern and the NBA has decided that L.A. should win almost all of the time.
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

It's not wrestlemania, and the NBA is not fix, atleast not to the extent where it is obvious to everyone.  But I believe that the NBA has its own best interest in some of these games, not all of them, but when it's in their best interest, and when they can do it discreetly, they will try to sway the game a little here and there.

Example: Most NBA stars will admit that super stars get the calls.  EVer ask why?  MONEY!!!!  the more the stars shine, the more money, ratings, etc...  That's definitely calling the game unfairly, but is instead called in the best interest of the NBA.

The Lakers draw the most ratings and star power, so it wouldn't be to surprising if Stern told his hitmen to sway the games a little in the lakers way so that they have a better shot of winning, it's in the best interest of the NBA.
    It's a form of cheating, without cheating.  It's kind of like playing the odds at a LOttery, the State wins most of the time, but sometimes they don't, just to make it seem like it's all fair and balance, just like FOX News, but we know they are not fair or balance.

The only way to beat the lakers is to overwhelmingly kick their behinds in, like in 2008, so that they can't sway the game, or it would look to obvious.

I mean look at the FT disparity in the last NBA Finals...only a laker fan wouldn't go HMMMMMM....Even Phil Jackson knows this, that's why he is always bringing up FT disparity when lakers lose, just to remind Stern he knows what's going on.

Sports are corrupt just like politics, where there's lots of money, there's corruption.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, let's make this clear, OKC didn't win this game, but instead, the Celtics loss it.  OKC just caught a Celtic team that was slacking off.  If the the two exact team played again, Celtics would, no doubt in my mind, beat them 10 times in a row. Remember, Celtics were blown out at home by Memphis last year, but no one remembers that, people only remember the Celtics being a few minutes away from another championship, and would have won it if it was not for David Stern's hitmen, namely the REFS, better known as the Lakers' sixth men-in-stripes.

So did Toronto win or did we lose? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When Celtics Win Championship, No One Will Remember tonight's Stinker : So did Toronto win or did we lose? 
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Toronto did not win, instead we lost.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When Celtics Win Championship, No One Will Remember tonight's Stinker : Toronto did not win, instead we lost.  

HAHAHA!!!

Who lost the ball in the last 18 secs. when the Celtics were leading by 1 point?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Ray:

I remember the Grizzlies loss last season.  I don't think I'll ever forget it.  I wish the players had such long memories.  The 'checked off' Memphis from KG's 'list' and go on to lost two eminently winnable games.  Crapooo