When do the C's retire Perk's jersey?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

When do the C's retire Perk's jersey?

I'm serious. This is just getting ridiculous. I will lose all respect for the Big 4 and Doc if they fizzle out without getting back to the Finals over a deal like this.

They need to remember how they felt walking off the court after game 7. They need to have the same attitude as they did BEFORE Perk came back. I thought KG was the heart and soul of this team? I thought PP was the captain? I thought RA was the 3 pt king? I thought Rondo was a top 5 PG?

Maybe Phil Jackson was right. Well at least they can say tehy never lost a series with the same starting 5.

It's time to put up or shut up for this group.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: When do the C's retire Perk's jersey?

If the Celtics seriously cannot overcome this Danny Ainge is going to be hated for quite some time. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

BTW, all these comments about "the C's being a different team without Perk" from guys like Bosh and Rose are just a round-about way of disrespect. Look no one was saying anything when we beat the Heat 3 times without Perk and beat the Bulls and had the best record in the East for most of the season.

The stars should be taking exception to these comments and stop feeling sorry for themselves. When a "fake tough guy" like Bosh starts making comments and you're getting pushed around by the likes of Keith Bogans tells me that teams don't respect you anymore. It's time to man up, get that swagger back and if someone has to lay someone out (like JON did with Bron) yesterday, fine but someone needs to step up and be a leader. I'm counting on that person being Shaq.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

In Response to Re: When do the C's retire Perk's jersey?:
    [QUOTE]BTW, all these comments about "the C's being a different team without Perk" from guys like Bosh and Rose are just a round-about way of disrespect. Look no one was saying anything when we beat the Heat 3 times without Perk and beat the Bulls and had the best record in the East for most of the season. The stars should be taking exception to these comments and stop feeling sorry for themselves. When a "fake tough guy" like Bosh starts making comments and you're getting pushed around by the likes of Keith Bogans tells me that teams don't respect you anymore. It's time to man up, get that swagger back and if someone has to lay someone out (like JON did with Bron) yesterday, fine but someone needs to step up and be a leader. I'm counting on that person being Shaq.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

WOW! I agree 100%

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Isn't Danny Ainge the reason the Garnett and Allen landed in Boston in the first place.

If not for Ainge it's a very good and safe bet that the Celtics would not have won the 2008 Championship and that Pierce may well have left town.

You guys really should be appreciating what Ainge has done. Moves his made have been done to make the team better. He would not deliberately hurt the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I like the move that Ainge did. I'm more dissappointed that a guy who was out most of the year has effected this team this much. I blame a lot the up/down play on Rondo and his attitude and DOc for allowing Rondo's attitude to fester throughout the team. Rondo sulked and didn't play as hard for the first two weeks after the trade. It has made eveyone question their roles and question their confidence.

I just want someone to show some professionalism and realize the chance they have to get #18. If Rondo can't get his head on straight sit him on the bench and let West play. It's not all his fault but he is the starting PG and those numbers he put up yesterday vs the Heat are unacceptable. He's the engine that gets things going (unfortunately Ainge made it that way) so we need him to get going for the playoffs or send him packing next year and let him know how much of a business it really is.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i'm having a hard time thinking this is all about perk. but if this team is that soft and that weak, that losing their buddy can send them into a downward spiral, then it is what it is.

we'll see what we can do in the playoffs and then start the rebuilding process this summer. but there's no way a mediocre center like perk should be the emotional linchpin for a team with 4 HOF players on its roster. if PP, RA, KG and shaq are that soft and that weak, then we don't deserve it anyway.

i will not, however, blame danny ainge. if not for his moves to bring RA and KG here, we have no banner 17. this is not his fault.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Rico,

All those moves look like bad moves now but this team would be so far over the lux tax if they had signed all of these guys it would've been worse than it is now.

I said it 3 months ago and I will say it today. The best move would've been to unload BBD. Now you have Green and BBD and you could lose BOTH of them. If you bring in a guy like Green, you keep Perk and make Green the 6th man. Now the dilemma is who really is the 6th man? Green or BBD? Who really is the backup PF...Green or BBD? Who provides the mismatches...Green or BBD?

There are more questions than answers and that's probably confusing Doc on who to play and how to play them. Everyone had defines roles before.

I would've dealt BBD and Nate for a Posey, Battier.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]i'm having a hard time thinking this is all about perk. but if this team is that soft and that weak, that losing their buddy can send them into a downward spiral, then it is what it is. we'll see what we can do in the playoffs and then start the rebuilding process this summer. but there's no way a mediocre center like perk should be the emotional linchpin for a team with 4 HOF players on its roster. if PP, RA, KG and shaq are that soft and that weak, then we don't deserve it anyway. i will not, however, blame danny ainge. if not for his moves to bring RA and KG here, we have no banner 17. this is not his fault.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't believe it's about Perk either. This team is just not playing well with the pieces aquired. Perk has NOTHING to do with Allen, Pierce, K.G. missing shots and playing like chumps. Rondo is a piece of work in his OWN right.

I think the Perk excuse is a cop out in my opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]Rico, All those moves look like bad moves now but this team would be so far over the lux tax if they had signed all of these guys it would've been worse than it is now. I said it 3 months ago and I will say it today. The best move would've been to unload BBD. Now you have Green and BBD and you could lose BOTH of them. If you bring in a guy like Green, you keep Perk and make Green the 6th man. Now the dilemma is who really is the 6th man? Green or BBD? Who really is the backup PF...Green or BBD? Who provides the mismatches...Green or BBD? There are more questions than answers and that's probably confusing Doc on who to play and how to play them. Everyone had defines roles before. I would've dealt BBD and Nate for a Posey, Battier.

i'd resign green and let BBD walk, or sign and trade. green works much better with what we have in rondo. neither perk nor BBD can run if that's what we're going to do next year.

and if doc is "confused" by this stuff, then i don't even really know what to say about that. lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Rico, All those moves look like bad moves now but this team would be so far over the lux tax if they had signed all of these guys it would've been worse than it is now. I said it 3 months ago and I will say it today. The best move would've been to unload BBD. Now you have Green and BBD and you could lose BOTH of them. If you bring in a guy like Green, you keep Perk and make Green the 6th man. Now the dilemma is who really is the 6th man? Green or BBD? Who really is the backup PF...Green or BBD? Who provides the mismatches...Green or BBD? There are more questions than answers and that's probably confusing Doc on who to play and how to play them. Everyone had defines roles before. I would've dealt BBD and Nate for a Posey, Battier.

I agree with not trading Perk, but trading Glen Davis instead.  That trade would have made a lot more sense.  As I have read many times and definitely agree with, you don't trade a starter for a backup.    

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ainge was hoping to start the transition now while still being a contender. I don't think he EVER thought this move would take them from #1 to #3 in the East...NEVER.

I think he'll try and move Rondo next year. We really could be looking at an entirely different team next year. Doc is probably done, KG could retire with a lockout, BBD or Green will be retained, not both. Shaq will be gone, a buyout of JON. Look at the roster, the only players that are assured of returning are PP and RA.

If all of those things take place, I wouldn't put it past Ainge to go after DeAndre Jordan, Love, Rubio, etc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i think ainge is definitely looking past this year. which is fine with me. he's always said that the last big 3 era ended badly b/c of poor planning (and some bad luck), so i don't think he's willing to let that happen again. the biggest question will be who will coach the team?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]Ainge was hoping to start the transition now while still being a contender. I don't think he EVER thought this move would take them from #1 to #3 in the East...NEVER. I think he'll try and move Rondo next year. We really could be looking at an entirely different team next year. Doc is probably done, KG could retire with a lockout, BBD or Green will be retained, not both. Shaq will be gone, a buyout of JON. Look at the roster, the only players that are assured of returning are PP and RA. If all of those things take place, I wouldn't put it past Ainge to go after DeAndre Jordan, Love, Rubio, etc.

Wassup with Rubio? he is the most overrated player that has never played an NBA game..he is actually probably never play in the NBA... he is scared and will probably stay in Barca.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I dont think the C's are done this year yet..dont count them down just yet..People overreacting for a trade, just like Rondo is.. C's right now have a better bench..they have not been able to put it together, thats it..I think they will..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Ainge was hoping to start the transition now while still being a contender. I don't think he EVER thought this move would take them from #1 to #3 in the East...NEVER. I think he'll try and move Rondo next year. We really could be looking at an entirely different team next year. Doc is probably done, KG could retire with a lockout, BBD or Green will be retained, not both. Shaq will be gone, a buyout of JON. Look at the roster, the only players that are assured of returning are PP and RA. If all of those things take place, I wouldn't put it past Ainge to go after DeAndre Jordan, Love, Rubio, etc.

Much agreed.  And GREAT screenname by the way.

The thing about Danny Ainge is he's a risk taker.  We all give him credit - rightfully - for bring RA and KG, but neither of those - especially the KG deal - were a sure thing.  If even a small detail was different, we probably would have not only NOT gotten those two but also lost Paul Pierce.  And Danny would have likely gotten fired because that's what teams in competitive minded cities like Boston do.  Even Ray was a gamble because he'd just had surgery on BOTH his ankles.  Same scenario if he didn't come back right away - especially if we'd gotten him but not KG.

Half our team - literally half our team - was injured at the time of the trade.  That includes 4 of the 5 players traded.  Currently, 3 of those 5 are still injured - Quis, Nate and Semih.  I initially hated the trade for emotional reasons, but once Green and Krstic got here I realized Danny was trying to pull a mini-version of what he did in '07.  We'll never know who it's "on" - if anyone - that this new lineup hasn't gelled the way it seemed to do that 1st week post-trade.

But that is what happens when you take risks.  When it falls into place, you change the course of history.  When it doesn't, well, you have what you have now.  But it is unfortunately the price you pay when you have a GM with the guts that was necessary to put us on the map and in some ways save our franchise in '07.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

This team has not been able to solidfy a bench since the trade. JON is in/out, Krstic is in/out, Shaq in/out, Wafer in/out. The only constant has been the starters and when Krstic went out then JON had to play more minutes than usual because Doc wanted BBD to stay in his role off the bench.

When the backups come in, most plays need to run through Green...period. Doc has to find a way to build his confidence and MAKE him become aggressive. Develop a identity for the 2nd unit. Right now it's helter skelter and whomever has the ball before the 24 sec clock expires chucks it up.

Stop using every set primarily for RA to run off screens. It's getting old and it's bailing out Rondo from having to be an offensive threat. All he wants to do is over pass, make the pretty play and pile assists up. He's making an easy play turn into a hard play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

It was the right move to make. This team is good enough to do it without Perk, particularly given the peices that they have in place. This Perk talk is laughable. He is good, but so is Krstic. It is a question of playing hard. The Celtics aren't really doing that right now. They will be fine, but to blame their play on Perk is insane.