When KG Sits, Cs Struggle

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: When KG Sits, Cs Struggle

Oh we were getting along so nicely...

You know my feelings on the game... I have no problem saying that Artest made an out of character clutch shot and our big 4 didn't step up... and did say that... but Kobe didn't either, Doc outcoached Phil, we were missing our starting C and the clips are on youtube for all to see where hands are waved inches away from balls/gold jersey's and whistles were blown... then C's players were manhandled and whistles were swallowed... LA was the more talented team and won. but you can't also say the underdog was given a fair shake and thats too bad, cuz when they had a lead in the 4th quarter with all that against them, you hate seeing it not happen.

We will forever have to agree to disagree on that one...

But even though Ray was obv hurt bad enough to be 8-11 game 2 and then 0-16 at home games 3-5, he did have one MONSTER game 2 and his D on Kobe in game 7 was SPECIAL from a guy who is not a good defender....

Pierce, KG and Rondo on the other hand were all subpar, none of them all had a great game at the same time, and if had just ONE of the 2 guys who always seemed to play terrible in a loss have a vintage game we win in 5, let alone 7. Thats KG/Rondo in game 1, Pierce and Rondo in game 3 and all 2 of them were just average in game 7  while KG's 3 rebounds were pathetic.

Look what they have all done the last 2 years in 29 playoff games: 

Pierce:  36/14 gm 2 Hawks, 24/12 gm 3 and 24/10 gm 6 Philly this year and 38 vs. Knicks game 3 and his going down fighting b2b 27 point games 3 & 4 vs. Heat last year.

The best game he had in a loss vs. LA was 24 in game 1 and he was 0-4 on 3's. He was mediocre at best in the other 3.

Garnett: 18 double-doubles and 16 18+ point games the last 2 years!

ONE game where he got more than 6 rebounds in '10 and avg's of under 5 boards and 14 points per in our losses. YUCK!

Rondo: There was the 44/10/8 masterpiece of course vs. Miami, but also 20 double digit assist games including 10 of 13 or more, 15 6+ reb games and 12 games of 17+ points.

In the 4 losses against LA he averaged 12/8/5 with 2 double digit assist games and 2 games over 17 points the entire series and ZERO 20+ points or 13+ assist games.

Those 3 are as much to blame as anything else, but knowing that despite that your team likely would have won if you didn't have Ray hurt games 3-5 and Perk hurt games 6 and 7 (and the 4th quarter black eye on the league officiating) hurts way more than blaming 3 guys who have been MONSTERS for you in MANY other playoff series.

So yeah, you call it excuses so we agree to disagree, I see both sides of it... guys didn't step up but the series was also stolen from us in circumstances that were unfortunate or 100% shouldn't have happened.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

and we really have to start thinking about a PP replacement as well...When Pierce is on the bench, that really hurts our offense. We don't have anyone close to his ability to score.

[/QUOTE]
    Green is PP replacement.  They originally signed him when Marquis was injured and we had no one else off the bench. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So yeah, you call it excuses so we agree to disagree, I see both sides of it... guys didn't step up but the series was also stolen from us in circumstances that were unfortunate or 100% shouldn't have happened.

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, rame, Celts lost the Lakers won. 

Every time a team loses, there's always going to be a reason. No team loses for no apparent reason. 

You said you are mature. How can you be mature when you don't even exhibit sportsmanship in defeat?

The Celts lost because of unfortunate circumstances?

Ugh!

[/QUOTE]

yikes, reading comprehension is not your strong point, I was basically agreeing with you.

I said the more talented team won and KG, Rondo and Pierce were equally to blame as the 'unfortunate circumstances'. I never said Boston lost for 'no apparent reason' I gave an insanely lengthy in depth look at multiple reasons for why they lost.

but no, you don't show much knowledge of the game if you think that officiating was legit and not a black eye on the refs/league. You say all teams lose for a reason, but not all teams lose b/c a starter is hurt games 3-5 turning the greatest 3 point shooter of all time into a 0% 3 point shooter and not all teams lose b/c their starting C blows out his knee and misses games 6 and 7...

When such things happen they are BIG and APPARENT reasons why a team lost and bear mentioning. If the '87 Lakers lost to the Celtics in 7 after Kareem blew out his knee, Worthy had an 0-16 stretch from the field after getting sucker hit and the C's got handed 21 more FT's in the decider... it would always bear mentioning, and had something like that happened, as a Celtic fan I'd say we 'sure did get lucky to win that one'.