Where are all the "Fire Doc" proponents now??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Where are all the "Fire Doc" proponents now??

Doc's record speaks for itself so I don't really need to opine. But, the Von Wafer situation is illustrative, so I'll way in on that. Wafer is learning to play defense, team defense, and be committed to that; he's said so himself. Now that he is nearly there, he's playing more and contributing differently than he's ever known and I can see he's a much more complete player than he was when he came here as just an offensive threat. Doc isn't kidding that this team is about defense, if you were coaching and KG was your anchor wouldn't that be a no-brainer?  On defense, I'd like to ask if those of you who saw the game last night can tell me who(m) Doc was referring to when he was quoted saying that the Celtics let up 9 buckets on back cuts (i think by Ellis); who was guarding him, who was missing switches, what was the defensive breakdown? thnx

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all the "Fire Doc" proponents now??:
    [QUOTE]" Bill Simmons is an esteemed sports writer who many of you would call a Doc hater." Bill Simmons has had a change of heart on Doc and now considers him an excellent coach, you might want to look into why his views changed and consider updating yours. You need to keep up if you want to bring some compelling arguments in here. Oh and by the way, Doc is not a "young man," don't be a fool. He's about 50 years old. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link with Simmons' updated point of view on Doc being an excellent coach. Oh wait, you didn't provide one.

I went fishing for that a month ago. I think I saw he concedes Doc is good at managing egos and some other things. I'm not sure and you're obviously no help.

As for wanting to come here and bring forth compelling arguments, that's where we differ. I don't get kicks out of reading either nasty people or others who write racist posts about Perk being a thug who needs ebonics. Many of the posts here I don't go near. The KYPudderChe's of the world are better left ignored. Most of you are also more at a Boston Herald than Globe level of thinking. That's not very stimulating. Most of you aren't even from this state. So no one here really cares much about most of you. Maybe you lived here before. Maybe you adopted the team. So what? Keep wasting your time on a nasty board located in a state you're not from. You fit right in.

50 is young. Doc could coach another 15-20 or even more years. Ageism is something you might want to shed from your clouded mind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Doc's a good coach, but don't go confusing what some say about things like time management of older players with jerks who never shut up about how bad Rondo is. It's supposed to be a discussion. This isn't a game. Too many are turning decent comments into someone saying your mom wears army boots. It's lame.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnywonder. Show johnnywonder's posts

In Response to Where are all the "Fire Doc" proponents now??:
    [QUOTE]The overwhelmingly negative response to the Perk trade on this board reminds me of the emotionally charged "Fire doc" campaign. Now that we see that both Perk and Nate are out ~6 weeks with injury and that Nenad may fit the Cetlics style much better than thought and the realization that we got Green and a first round pick ...by compromising very little - I sense a massive shift in support.   Many on this board wear their support on their emotional shirt sleeves, with blind devotion.  I can't wait for the response when the Celtics trade Rondo next year in a major rebuilding effort.  
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

I remember the Dudder was one of them... I don't know if he still is, 'cause I Ignored him ages ago.  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the "Fire Doc" proponents now?? : Cfan, Ray has been very good this year but I don't see how you dismiss what Paul has done.  He averages more  pts than Ray on basically the same amount of shots per game. Both shoot right at 50 percent from the field. Ray hits more threes and  Paul gets to the line with Ray getting all the technical free throws. Ray shoots 87% from the line and Paul 85%   My vote goes to Paul.  Seems like in all anyone want to talk about is  Rondo, Ray, and KG, everyone seems to forget what he does for us. That is until he has a bad game then he gets mentioned alot. 
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Man, there's no way I'm going into a Ray vs Paul debate and who gets who's vote.  I love both of them and we'd be sunk without either one of them.  Ray is more consistent in my opinion, but Paul is more versatile and better late in games.  Paul gets to the line more (which is why he scores more on the same number of FGA's).  But, Ray gives us runs like no one else can when he hits 2 or 3 3pointers in a row.   These guys are BOTH massively important and I'm not dismissing what Paul has done.....no way.   

Its not an either/or situation.  I was strictly explaining to Acie why his statement that "Ray has gone on vacation on every championship series since he's been here" is so wrong that its pathetic.   Ray single handedly got us through that Bulls series, he buried the Pistons that year, his performance agains the Lakers in '08 was tremendous, and last year - while he shot poorly after that record setting game - he was better on Kobe than almost anyone I've seen.  Ray's not a great defensive player but he REALLY stepped up on D that series.   That's all the discussion was about - not a dis of my main man, PP!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Where are all the "Fire Doc" proponents now??:
    [QUOTE]The overwhelmingly negative response to the Perk trade on this board reminds me of the emotionally charged "Fire doc" campaign. Now that we see that both Perk and Nate are out ~6 weeks with injury and that Nenad may fit the Cetlics style much better than thought and the realization that we got Green and a first round pick ...by compromising very little - I sense a massive shift in support.   Many on this board wear their support on their emotional shirt sleeves, with blind devotion.  I can't wait for the response when the Celtics trade Rondo next year in a major rebuilding effort.  
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

A little bit overboard on your accusations there, Edunker.  I don't know anyone on this Board who I haven't seen criticize some portion of the Celtics (KG's antics, Rondo's FT's and shooting, Doc's substitution pattern, Danny's drafting risks, etc, etc, etc).  So, I think the board has a healthy questioning despite your baseless accusation.  Take the "Doc not resting Ray enough" recent debate in this post.  Some of us accept the tough choices being made (like Ray's playing time).  While I think Wafer deserves more playing time, I also understand why Doc plays Ray so much (he's trying to win and there's no Delonte around that he trusted and Nate failed).  I don't agree with Doc's decision, but I do like the Celtic's record and i don't want Miami nor Chicago to catch us.  Tough balance but if we can get the better record AND keep them all healthy, I like it.

I wish we were friends/neighbors outside of this Board so that we could have a meaningful bet on whether Rondo gets traded in a major rebuilding effort next year!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the "Fire Doc" proponents now?? : Man, there's no way I'm going into a Ray vs Paul debate and who gets who's vote.  I love both of them and we'd be sunk without either one of them.  Ray is more consistent in my opinion, but Paul is more versatile and better late in games.  Paul gets to the line more (which is why he scores more on the same number of FGA's).  But, Ray gives us runs like no one else can when he hits 2 or 3 3pointers in a row.   These guys are BOTH massively important and I'm not dismissing what Paul has done.....no way.    Its not an either/or situation.  I was strictly explaining to Acie why his statement that "Ray has gone on vacation on every championship series since he's been here" is so wrong that its pathetic.   Ray single handedly got us through that Bulls series, he buried the Pistons that year, his performance agains the Lakers in '08 was tremendous, and last year - while he shot poorly after that record setting game - he was better on Kobe than almost anyone I've seen.  Ray's not a great defensive player but he REALLY stepped up on D that series.   That's all the discussion was about - not a dis of my main man, PP!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I love both also.  I just don't understand how everyone seems to forget what Paul brings to the table.  When we need rebounding he brings its.  Scoring, very efficient.  Last night he deferred to Ray  like he has been doing a lot lately.  In the first half Paul probably shot 2 or 3 times and he doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Thats great.  He waits and gets it in the flow. Another positive.  He isn't about points any more.  He is about winning.  And then there is the stupid thread started today that Paul is the anchor man.   Really stupid thread.  Last nite all we heard was how hot Ray was, and he was. He was 9-13.  Not much said about Paul with his 9-14 and carrying us down the stretch. 

I guess I just get frustrated that the only time we want to talk about PP is when he makes a mistake or a turnover.  Any way I agree with you Paul and Ray are the reasons we are winning.  Rondo makes the pass but someone has to make the shot and we have two very good scorers.  Actually we have quite a few now I believe.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the "Fire Doc" proponents now?? : I love both also.  I just don't understand how everyone seems to forget what Paul brings to the table.  When we need rebounding he brings its.  Scoring, very efficient.  Last night he deferred to Ray  like he has been doing a lot lately.  In the first half Paul probably shot 2 or 3 times and he doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Thats great.  He waits and gets it in the flow. Another positive.  He isn't about points any more.  He is about winning.  And then there is the stupid thread started today that Paul is the anchor man.   Really stupid thread.  Last nite all we heard was how hot Ray was, and he was. He was 9-13.  Not much said about Paul with his 9-14 and carrying us down the stretch.  I guess I just get frustrated that the only time we want to talk about PP is when he makes a mistake or a turnover.  Any way I agree with you Paul and Ray are the reasons we are winning.  Rondo makes the pass but someone has to make the shot and we have two very good scorers.  Actually we have quite a few now I believe.

The one who started the "Anchorman" thread has an anchor stuck inside his head. Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the "Fire Doc" proponents now?? : I love both also.  I just don't understand how everyone seems to forget what Paul brings to the table.  When we need rebounding he brings its.  Scoring, very efficient.  Last night he deferred to Ray  like he has been doing a lot lately.  In the first half Paul probably shot 2 or 3 times and he doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Thats great.  He waits and gets it in the flow. Another positive.  He isn't about points any more.  He is about winning.  And then there is the stupid thread started today that Paul is the anchor man.   Really stupid thread.  Last nite all we heard was how hot Ray was, and he was. He was 9-13.  Not much said about Paul with his 9-14 and carrying us down the stretch.  I guess I just get frustrated that the only time we want to talk about PP is when he makes a mistake or a turnover.  Any way I agree with you Paul and Ray are the reasons we are winning.  Rondo makes the pass but someone has to make the shot and we have two very good scorers.  Actually we have quite a few now I believe.

All true fans know Paul's value.  You hit the key points on the head.  In the last game against Golden State, the announcers said, however, that Paul was the player of the game in their little end of game announcement.  Paul rebounds, scores one on one, gets points for others, etc.  PP is the Captain.  So, its recognized in multiple circles.

One thing to consider.....Paul and Ray both get less posts about them than Rondo and KG because they are less controversial and more steady.  KG is steady in play, but controversial in other ways.  Rondo, BBD, Perk, etc all had their strengths and weaknesses so people "debate" about them more.  But, Paul is another Mr. Steady.   I wouldn't worry too much about the infrequent naysayers.   I'd simply note that there's just lot a lot of negative to say about Paul.  Future Hall of Famer who's played the minutes for the Celts during good and bad times.   He's SO good and will never get the credit he's due.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the "Fire Doc" proponents now?? : Man, there's no way I'm going into a Ray vs Paul debate and who gets who's vote.  I love both of them and we'd be sunk without either one of them.  Ray is more consistent in my opinion, but Paul is more versatile and better late in games.  Paul gets to the line more (which is why he scores more on the same number of FGA's).  But, Ray gives us runs like no one else can when he hits 2 or 3 3pointers in a row.   These guys are BOTH massively important and I'm not dismissing what Paul has done.....no way.    Its not an either/or situation.  I was strictly explaining to Acie why his statement that "Ray has gone on vacation on every championship series since he's been here" is so wrong that its pathetic.   Ray single handedly got us through that Bulls series, he buried the Pistons that year, his performance agains the Lakers in '08 was tremendous, and last year - while he shot poorly after that record setting game - he was better on Kobe than almost anyone I've seen.  Ray's not a great defensive player but he REALLY stepped up on D that series.   That's all the discussion was about - not a dis of my main man, PP!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    I think you nailed it on this topic. Some would like to make it a RA vs. PP battle forgetting they are there for the common goal. Some nights it's Ray some nights it's Paul some nights it's Kevin...Maybe some nights it'll be Green.