Where are all the Rondo hater tonight??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Where are all the Rondo hater tonight??

In Response to Re: Where are all the Rondo hater tonight??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the Rondo hater tonight?? : Well said. I know this post is negative to start off with and I harp on about negative post, but my complaints are about the folks who do nothing but complain, whine, etc. We all hope the Celts win #18, but if they don't the trolls will be out blaming Rondo, or Ainge for the Perk trade or anything else they can pick on without any common sense oe reasoning behind their thoughts. I'm tired of hearing about how bad the Perk trade was. Folks seem to forget that we had "no" back ups for Pierce or Allen without that trade. Sure hated to see Perk go, but we had no one else of value to trade. The trade is done, this team hopefully will get it together and do well in the playoffs. If they win it all, great year. If they don't it's still been a great season. We seem to forget there are 29 other teams in the NBA, and only one team can win it all. Great night to be a Boston fan, the Red Sox are up 3-0 tonight coming back after the poor start and will be in the hunt for the pennant, the Bs have tied up the series with Habs, the Celts are up 3-0 and despite losing to the Jets, the Pats were still 14-2 and will only be better this year with a loaded draft thanks to BB.  From an eternal optimist !! Hetchinspete.    
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

at this point, i'd say ainge is most in danger of being in the cross hairs.  rondo has picked it up and beyond game 1 has not accepted being relegated to being a liability.

ainge on the other hand did have other options besides dumping perk.  several 3/4's did change hands at the deadline, without bigs being thrown into the mix to accomplish it.

so ainge stands to be genius or villian, and fairly or not, it all lies with whether shak steps onto the floor to contribute.

shak comes back and does well and we go deep, ainge is scot free.

rondo also scot free if he keeps up the good work.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]www.irishsentinel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/fat-fuck.jpg " />
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

c'mon mang, my eyes.  what was THAT?  there were four asse cheeques on it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

No,

It is a fact that Rondo's game changed the most dramatically after the trade, with out being injured. As a result, the team had to play differently, another fact. In the play-offs, Rondo is playing very well, another fact.

Conclusions:

After the trade, Rondo played and brooded like a spoiled child for the rest of the regular season, playing with solid effort only when he felt like it.

The difference between Rondo's play in the play-offs, compared to after the trade, is like the difference between night and day.

The effort is finally back.

So while Rondo may yet be instrumental in bringing home banner eighteen, he was also instrumental in the post trade fade. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

one thing can be said for sure...Rondo has been awesome the last three games...otherworldly...love him or hate him, and it can change in a minute...the guy is an enigma...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I agree that he is playing great.

However, because much of his game is effort based, it is unlikely to fade substantially during the play-offs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Celtic fans hating on Rondo's game are an utter embarassment to the NBA. It shows a great LACK OF BASKETBALL KNOWLEDGE to constantly show hatred to one of the truly GREAT PG's in the game today. In fact, I would say that when he is on his top game there is none better in the NBA...including Rose or Paul. Rondo will be in the hall of fame and bring multiple championships to Boston!!!

Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah baby!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I love Rondo and can question his poor play the last few weeks.  Why? It is completely logical.

His return to greatness this series has been helped by Billups being out and the Heat sure don't have strength at that position.  So if we get past the Heat the Bulls and Derrick Rose it will be there for Rondo to prove himself worthy in that showdown.  If he looks like he did last night and as he did in the playoffs against the Bulls two years ago his greatness will be undeniable. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

I am glad that Rondo is using his assets or strengths whichare his speed, quickness and passing.  I had posted before that he needed to play his game which includes those assests cause the slow down pace and settling for wide open jump shots was not working cause team were baiting him into that.  They know thathe is not a pure shooter and can live with him taking those jumpers.  Well RRondo is also doing what he is supposed to be doing to a bad defensive team and that is breaking them down and penetrating for easy looks for our big 3.  I dont hate Rondo but he needsto be consistent now cause if we play the Heat or Bulls they have a top ranked defense and are not the woeful Knicks.  But still I am happy with our team play last nite and I think JGreen is getting confident with his game.  Go Celtics.  I am representing my Celtics out here in LA.  Fock the Lakers always

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]So there is no real excuse for his imature behavior? The "funk" was a teen age display of "I will show you". ...and yes he was responsible for the loss of the number one seed. It is to his credit, that he has seen the light, however, the last 20 games of the regular season are his direct responsibility.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

Minnesota,

Sorry but your dead wrong. I agree that Rondo is a Pro and his behavior is questionable, call it immature or whatever you will, but Rondo was only one part of the entire issue of this team falling apart. As others point out and you seem to ignore is that the Big-3, BB Davis and others have played just poorly as well. You can't blame it all on one individual. 

Hetchinspete.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo hate is overwhelming on this site. I've had more people respond to my posts negatively for lauding rondo's performances than any other reason. If he has a triple double, why didn't he score more? when he scores thirty, like game 2, why didnt he get 39 assists? Appreciate the fact that when his game is on, he's one of the biggest matchup problems in the nba. As doc said tonight in postgame, Rondo called a perfect game. It takes skill to get it to the hot hands, in the right spots, at the right time.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

Truth,

Good points. It's like Terry Francona. He makes game decisions in one or two innings that win a game for the Sox, so trolls b-tch about a questionable 9th inning decision. Theo makes some great trade, picks upsome great free agents and some point out all the bad moves he's made. Boston,Philly and other cities are noted to be tough towns to play in because some but not all the fans expect perfection when it's not realistic. 

Back to Rondo. We are on the outside looking in. With the Perkins trade, it's obvious they were great freinds and it was disruptive to the team as it affected not just Rondo, but the Big three and others, but that was a chance taken with the trade and obviously wasn't expected. 

Maybe he has a fragile personality as some say. That's something that may not changeable, it's his personality and if it's worth it long term for the team, you do your best and put up with his frailty. That's up to the coach and management to decide. Whether it be Rondo, Theo, Tito etc, a number of fans expect way too much and no matter what some players or coaches do, they will find fault. 

During Celtics blow out of the Knicks, Karloft posted 5-10 times during game about every small thing, bad pass, questionable shots, etc of Rondo and others. Yikes !! The Celtics won going away, plus before the subs came in were ahead by 22 points. Rondo finishes with a triple double, a point guard getting 11 rebounds and 20 assists and he's being micro-managed by Karloft. 

Hetchinspete .