Where did the "nasty" in jeff green's game go????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Where did the "nasty" in jeff green's game go????

http://youtu.be/jvORhP5mVIk

i remember the pre-celtics green, what relatively little i saw of him as a guy who was an opportune slasher, a good dunker, has he even used his left mitt as a celtic yet??  i just don't see any of what's in this video from green any more.  or very very little.  maybe 15% level.

do we need a sports psychologist or are we just going to dutifully shovel $36M into the potty and pull the lever????

there's enough things "not right" around here, beyond the scope of personnel problems, but utter under-performance that isn't it sooner or later time to change coaches???

i don't see green turning the corner.  even when he was healthy (er) last year he looked as despondent then as he does now most all the time and now he's known healthy.  i just don't understand how an exciting player (who still needed to improve) could turn into this.

anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Re: Where did the

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://youtu.be/jvORhP5mVIk

i remember the pre-celtics green, what relatively little i saw of him as a guy who was an opportune slasher, a good dunker, has he even used his left mitt as a celtic yet??  i just don't see any of what's in this video from green any more.  or very very little.  maybe 15% level.

do we need a sports psychologist or are we just going to dutifully shovel $36M into the potty and pull the lever????

there's enough things "not right" around here, beyond the scope of personnel problems, but utter under-performance that isn't it sooner or later time to change coaches???

i don't see green turning the corner.  even when he was healthy (er) last year he looked as despondent then as he does now most all the time and now he's known healthy.  i just don't understand how an exciting player (who still needed to improve) could turn into this.

anyone?

[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way acie.  The worse part is we give up our only solid big to get him b/c DA doesn't want to pay him, then we give the money to this stiff.  This move is all managements fault. Green just doesnt play the celtics way.  He is soft plain and simple.  When push comes to shove you will never see green on the plus side of things.  Last night was an epic failure.....-17 when in the game, that tells all.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

WE know Green has the ability, we've seen him have some nice spurts. All preseason he was the focal point on the second team and he delivered. He played long stretches and was the go-to guy. All I recall is the high praise JG was getting  and statements from JG about how now he appreciates the game more after his heart condition and therefore leaving it all on the court  blah blah blah.. So what's changed? Everything!

JG hasnt been used the same way since the season started. Also his minutes have been very sporatic. I could go on about who shouldnt be on the court with him etc but lets face it. JG has underperformed again and DOc has a big hand in it imo. Just think Barbosa.... came in and lit it up, then banished!!

Who's to say if JG was used now like he was preseason, the results would be the same? But I do know an old adage that would apply that Doc should try to follow  ...if it aint broke, dont fix it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WE know Green has the ability, we've seen him have some nice spurts. All preseason he was the focal point on the second team and he delivered. He played long stretches and was the go-to guy. All I recall is the high praise JG was getting  and statements from JG about how now he appreciates the game more after his heart condition and therefore leaving it all on the court  blah blah blah.. So what's changed? Everything!

JG hasnt been used the same way since the season started. Also his minutes have been very sporatic. I could go on about who shouldnt be on the court with him etc but lets face it. JG has underperformed again and DOc has a big hand in it imo. Just think Barbosa.... came in and lit it up, then banished!!

Who's to say if JG was used now like he was preseason, the results would be the same? But I do know an old adage that would apply that Doc should try to follow  ...if it aint broke, dont fix it.

[/QUOTE]
    He probably would be better if he played more minutes.  Just not sure how that would happen.  Maybe playing Pierce less minutes would enable Green to play more minutes.  At this point, it is looking like the Perk for Green trade was a failure, since the Celtics have needed another center since the day that Perk was traded.  They are still in need of another big man this year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Unless things get better in the playoffs, I think we can all agree: Jeff Green is a bust!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You look at Green and see he is not consistent, what about the rest of the team.  We don't have anyone upfront but KG.  Green does not play enough to get the blame for the way this team is performing.  Bass and Lee do very little if anything for the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Put KG's brain in Jeff Green's body, and he becomes an allstar.

[/QUOTE]

Put KG's brain into any NBA level player and he becomes an all star.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you're right.  we are broken!!  we've fallen and we can't get back up in the standings!!!  green has become one of the least exciting players in the league!  looks like lots of thorazine.  bass has earned less minutes so let's give green MORE and keep pierce to low 30's.  and see what happens.  it can't be any worse than what we have now

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

but WHY did doc change from the pre season liberal use of green to more or less green as a JV squad player now?  minutes night to night are up and down?  i guess i'd disengage some too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to celticsfanmx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unless things get better in the playoffs, I think we can all agree: Jeff Green is a bust!

[/QUOTE]

i'd say green needs a solid 28 mins a night and a defined role before we give him the big B word.  not sure he's gotten that.  you would think, based on how much he was on the fast break in OKC that he and rondo would gel? ?? ???  i mean westbrook was not exactly a ball distributor and they had durant and westbrook on that team and green still carved out 15 a night.  now we desperately need 15 a night and easy fast break points and it's crickets

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and don't look now, but last time i looked, we were out of playoff contention and trending toward even worse, not better

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

acie calm down.. you know the answer to your question. A more logical, reasonable thinking coach with a real plan.

Doc's plan is lets try this... then lets try that, hmmm that worked but lets change it up anyway... weeeeeeeeeeeeee.... I got a 5 yr deal!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

Jeff Green is a talent.. But in this system he cant do what he does.

I mean c'mon he stands outside the 3 point line waiting for the ball the whole time he's in the game. Let the guy do his thing out there and see what happens. He has showed he can be a baller when called upon. I'm a big Green fan and will continue to support him. Give him 10-12 shots per and more minutes for crying out loud. 

He missed an entire season, I'll say it again. How many of us on this board can say we've had our chest cut open and heart stopped beating for 90 minutes then return to play at the NBA level. This guy has done it ahead of schedule. Hell still getting used to what contact feels like. If Doc doesn't give him a chance I wouldn't mind at all to see him traded and will turn out to be a so called all star somewhere else. I say keep him and feed him minutes and make him the focal point for a couple minutes and see if he can produce. Not stand at the 3 point line waiting for the ball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Green makes his teams worse not better.  That was the care in OKC and it is the case now.

Here are three primary reasons.

1) He has poor lateral quickness. Despite being a gazelle up and down the court side to side he is slower than Darko Millicic was (that is no B.S.)  Imagine Darko trying to guard Lebron James. This makes him a defensive liability at the small forward.

2) Not strong. Green Isn't strong enough to defend power forwards.  1 and 2 make a bad defender. no matter the postion he plays. 

3) Can't rebound: 4 rebounds a game at 6'9'' isn't good. 

I keep hoping he proves me wrong. By all accounts he is one of the nicest people in the NBA, but I think he is tweener. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

acie calm down.. you know the answer to your question. A more logical, reasonable thinking coach with a real plan.

Doc's plan is lets try this... then lets try that, hmmm that worked but lets change it up anyway... weeeeeeeeeeeeee.... I got a 5 yr deal!!!!

[/QUOTE]

i'm sorry but it's hard to calm down when you have an ADD incompetent freak of a coach and a sackless GM who is in love with him.  i'm watching my team go up in flames.  yes our roster is bad but our underperformance is unbearable

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Green makes his teams worse not better.  That was the care in OKC and it is the case now.

Here are three primary reasons.

1) He has poor lateral quickness. Despite being a gazelle up and down the court side to side he is slower than Darko Millicic was (that is no B.S.)  Imagine Darko trying to guard Lebron James. This makes him a defensive liability at the small forward.

2) Not strong. Green Isn't strong enough to defend power forwards.  1 and 2 make a bad defender. no matter the postion he plays. 

3) Can't rebound: 4 rebounds a game at 6'9'' isn't good. 

I keep hoping he proves me wrong. By all accounts he is one of the nicest people in the NBA, but I think he is tweener. 

[/QUOTE]

i agree, with most of this.  however, for YEARS, green was a servicable player in OKC!!  he got to the rim quite a bit.  he had to have some quickness to do this.  where did it go?  not only did he have quickness but he had some animation to him too.  now he looks like his heart is broken or something.

he was never a "very emotional" player but i've never seen him LESS emotional than his time in BOS.  and here we are kissing his rear all summer long after paying him for nothing last year and acting like there's a bidding war over this guy and he still comes back the same drone-like no urgency personality?

i hear he was great in the preseason and was used a lot.  well for 9 million a year, name me some players who don't book 30 minutes a night and i'll name you some severe underachievers who are contract busts. 

why he isn't having a solid role that HE can depend on mentally and emotionally every night, like he did in the pre season.............   maybe that's the 64 dollar lynch pin question, hmm?