Where is this Jeff green at the 2 stuff coming from?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Where is this Jeff green at the 2 stuff coming from?

Guys  Darko Milicic has more lateral quickness than Jeff Green.  Chris Wilcox has more lateral quickness than Jeff Green. 

here are their scores from the combine. Lower is better.

Darko Milicic 11.30, Chris Wilcox 11.43  Jeff Green 12,  

Green has played well of late, but most of his best games have come at the 4. last month his PER from the 4 was over 16. His PER at the 3 as under 10. And some want to play him at the 2? Does anyone think he can chase Dwayne Wade around or Ray Allen through screens? 

Really?  Doc knows what he is doing. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Where is this Jeff green at the 2 stuff coming from?

In response to jtkl's comment:

Guys  Darko Milicic has more lateral quickness than Jeff Green.  Chris Wilcox has more lateral quickness than Jeff Green. 

Green has played well of late, but most of his best games have come at the 4. last month his PER from the 4 was over 16. His PER at the 3 as under 10. And some want to play him at the 2? Does anyone think he can chase Dwayne Wade around or Ray Allen through screens? 

It's insane. 

Green cant play 2. I dont think he has ever played two in his life. the guy is 6 foot 9. He plays 3 and he plays 4.

Funny stuff.

He can play 4. He has played tons of 4. He is a bad rebounder but so is Bass.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

And on top of that: We already have sth like 5 shooting guards and just Bass, Wilcox and KG a the 4 and 5 (sorry did't count white).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Everytime Kirk said to play Green at the 2 i'd remind him that Pierce is more of a SG than Green and that playing him at the 4 over Bass was the obvious move, even if his PER #'s at the 4 were pretty mediocre in OKC

Of course Commie starting one of his obnoxious threads about it just proves it to be the stuff of the ignorant, that raving mental patient knows jack sh!t about sports and is just here to annoy and self-promote in the most shameful way possible

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Everytime Kirk said to play Green at the 2 i'd remind him that Pierce is more of a SG than Green and that playing him at the 4 over Bass was the obvious move, even if his PER #'s at the 4 were pretty mediocre in OKC

Of course Commie starting one of his obnoxious threads about it just proves it to be the stuff of the ignorant, that raving mental patient knows jack sh!t about sports and is just here to annoy and self-promote in the most shameful way possible

I am sure it is all true but Green must not have been trying.  Have you seen him run?  He is faster in every which way than Wilcox or Darko, that stat is useless. Laughable. Most you all have played sports don't you understand basics.  Like who is faster.  Jeff for example is faster than Darko!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I am sure it is all true but Green must not have been trying.  Have you seen him run?  He is faster in every which way than Wilcox or Darko, that stat is useless. Laughable. Most you all have played sports don't you understand basics.  Like who is faster.  Jeff for example is faster than Darko!

Why wouldn't he try? Hurting his stats on the combine would accomplish nothing but lower his draft stock? that just seems like a silly thing to do. 

Green is a Gazelle, running North and South. But his feet are slow and he doesn't switch directions quickly.  Which is what I mean by poor lateral quickness.  I think calling the stat laughable is rather.... well I think a mistake. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I am not responding to the lateral quickness timings, I had no idea about them. My eyes tell me Green is WAY more of a 4 than a 2. I had no idea about the Darko junk, which I put little stock in, I have been telling Kirk all season when he called Green a 2 that he was a 3-4.

When they went big the last 3 games with PP and Green look who they guarded: Pierce was on Iggy and Green on Manimal. Pierce was on Dudley and Green on Scola, Morris and Beasley. Green played Batum and Pierce Matthews last night.

If Green were to be a SG in these situations, he'd guard the swingmen and Pierce the forwards right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Why wouldn't he try? Hurting his stats on the combine would accomplish nothing but lower his draft stock? that just seems like a silly thing to do. 

Green is a Gazelle, running North and South. But his feet are slow and he doesn't switch directions quickly.  Which is what I mean by poor lateral quickness.  I think calling the stat laughable is rather.... well I think a mistake. 

That makes sense. Green seems to pick and choose who he takes off the dribble. Sometimes the lane is wide open and rather than take his man from the top of the key he'll inexplicably pass off ... leaves me with that WTF?!?! feeling .... C'mon Jeff!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

That makes sense. Green seems to pick and choose who he takes off the dribble. Sometimes the lane is wide open and rather than take his man from the top of the key he'll inexplicably pass off ... leaves me with that WTF?!?! feeling .... C'mon Jeff!!!

Green is not a two, the comment I made has to do with speed. This idea he is fast north to south is not relevant. Of course a smaller man can move faster in tight spaces, but to suggest he is not as quick laterally as Wilcox and Darko I challenge.  Speed like Green's is not that specific.  Watch his moves and first step. He is fast just not a good enough ball handler to be a two guard.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

It's insane. 

Green cant play 2. I dont think he has ever played two in his life. the guy is 6 foot 9. He plays 3 and he plays 4.

Funny stuff.

He can play 4. He has played tons of 4. He is a bad rebounder but so is Bass.

Stats show Green is ineffective at the 4 over his career.

I know.  He is still better than Bass.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Regardless of what Jeff Green did at the 4 in OKC in years past he is still a better option there than Bass.

He is NOT a SG

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Total bull s....

Green is very quick. Go back and watch him covering Lebron.

By the way we came back tonight with Green playing the 2 down the stretch.

Really 82games.com says he hasn't played a minuted of 2 all year. What do they know.

Production by Position

Player Floor Time Stats by Position

Position Min Net Pts Off Def Net48 W L Win% PG                 SG   0% 0  .0  .0 .0     0% SF   29% -30  86.7  88.4 -1.7 19 32 37% PF   20% +88  103.4  95.8 7.6 20 18 52%