Who could have been a all time great?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Who could have been a all time great?

Connie Hawkins was as great a player as I have ever seen play the game by the time he made it to the NBA he was a shell of his former self. Tough breaks and manipulation ruined one of the truely greats of the game

Bernard King was on level of magic and Larry before his Knees went on him. He be in Hall of fame and in with the all time greats of the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Re: Who could have been a all time great?

If you believe Portland fans, Arvydas Sabonis.  He is in the HOF, despite playing in the NBA for only a few years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Michael Ray Richardson (and the cocaine express)
    Darryl Dawkins
    Derrick Coleman
    Andrew Toney

So many!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Red great quote

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In Response to Re: Who could have been a all time great?:
    [QUOTE]If you believe Portland fans, Arvydas Sabonis.  He is in the HOF, despite playing in the NBA for only a few years.
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor[/QUOTE]

He was great before he came to the NBA, I believe he had bad knee's

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

Sabonis was amazing before he blew out both his knees and was rushed back to international competition before he was fully healed. If you saw him play or saw old clips of him he was a cross between akeem, kareem at 7'3"" and had divac's or better passing skills. He led the soviet union to a gold metal in 88 instead of the us team which had david robinson, danny manning and mitch richmond among others. This loss led to the formation of the first dream team.

My other players would be Len Bias and Dee Brown

Len Bias - if you saw him in college, he was michael jordan at 6'8 vs 6'6 with a better outside short and mid range jumper (something that took michael years to develop/improve). When he was drafted by the celtics, there was a gm who was quoted on the telecast as saying the celtics got len bias? they're adding bias to that team, there is no god.

Dee Brown - As a rookie he showed flashes for the celtics. He had long arms, huge hands, explosiveness, great jumping ability and an outside shot. Plus he looked like a defensive stopper for years to come. The second year in pre-season he made more of a jump to scorer and was averaging over 20 points per game, looking amazing and then he blows out his knee that pre-season and misses most of the second year. I can still remember him rising up to block 7' patrick ewing.. Prior to his getting injury, he was winning the starters job at pg, but when he came back he wasn't the same player. His explosiveness and lateral quickness were gone. He had some ok seasons but he wasn't the player he could have been.
    For those that don't remember, imagine a hybrid cross of rondo and gary payton on defense, who's also a unique scorer/slasher with a fairly good mid range jumper, and a decent passer too (not stockton class, but above average passer) - note: there were many pg that year,  bird and shaw, both averaged 5 and 6 assists/game on that 1991-1992 team, bagley over 6/gm and sherman douglas 4/gm, but dee still averaged over 5/game too). 

I've yet to see another pg before or since who reminds me of him the way he was before knee injury. 

There's plenty more, but I figured i'd stick with a celtics theme! :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Bill Walton, while he still was great for a while, if he had stayed healthy, he very well could have been up there with Russell!!