Who do we have to contain Lebron come playoff time? How about Battier

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

Who do we have to contain Lebron come playoff time? How about Battier

After watching Lebron dominate last night I became a little nervous of the Celtics ability to contain him with just Pierce and Daniels.  I think they need another tough defender, who can increase the spacing and who has the sack to man up in big games.  I don't like losing the 2 younger players but Houston would need some incentive as they already have 2 small guards in Lowry and Brooks.  Maybe they could move Nate to a third team.   Celtics do this and they would be super tough with a second Unit of Shaq, Baby, Battier, West (playing the combo)

Proposed trade

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Re: Who do we have to contain Lebron come playoff time? How about Battier

Ron Artest is said to be available after the Cs damaged Kupchak's fragile sense on security

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

In Response to Re: Who do we have to contain Lebron come playoff time? How about Battier:
    [QUOTE]Ron Artest is said to be available after the Cs damaged Kupchak's fragile sense on security
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]

The other thing I just thought of is Houston is just on the outskirts of the playoffs now but there are 3 teams in their way right now so it's not looking good.  Maybe in a week or 2 they will start to consider financials and look for prospects.  In my mind though he is the perfect guy for Boston, he's got a high BBall IQ he doesn't need the ball and would buy into their system 100%.  Get it done.   This really is the last year we will have a realistic shot at a title in my estimation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

In Response to Re: Who do we have to contain Lebron come playoff time? How about Battier:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do we have to contain Lebron come playoff time? How about Battier : The other thing I just thought of is Houston is just on the outskirts of the playoffs now but there are 3 teams in their way right now so it's not looking good.  Maybe in a week or 2 they will start to consider financials and look for prospects.  In my mind though he is the perfect guy for Boston, he's got a high BBall IQ he doesn't need the ball and would buy into their system 100%.  Get it done.   This really is the last year we will have a realistic shot at a title in my estimation.
    Posted by celticjay[/QUOTE]

Awesome display of defense on Kobe in the 2009 playoffs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Please!! We see LeBron do this every year. He always wilts against the C's. Team defense, no one plays it better than the C's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Don't laugh... Ray Allen does a pretty reputable job on Lebron, same as he does on Bryant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]Please!! We see LeBron do this every year. He always wilts against the C's. Team defense, no one plays it better than the C's.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I agree... also, from what I have seen lately, alot of guards are no longer afraid of looking for the charge against Lebron and that includes Celtics players. Plus the Celtics forwards and centers just clog the lanes disabling Lebrons ability to go to the basket..I think that is where Lebron had a big advantage in the previous years. He would just penetrate at will knowing that no one would step in front of him, just like a train. Not anymore.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I have faith in our current roster, no need to shake things up.
    Perhaps Wafer keeps improving on the defensive end and can give us some
    valuable minutes (à la Tony Allen) come playoff time.
    It's team defense indeed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

[QUOTE]Please!! We see LeBron do this every year. He always wilts against the C's. Team defense, no one plays it better than the C's.

Let's not remember we had Tony Allen working over Lebron, Wade and Kobe last year.  It certainly wasn't Marquis.  Team defense is excellent but you need the horses to make it work effectively.  Recall, Pierce was pretty much ineffective offensively when guarding Lebron. He spent all his energy on his defense.  Would rather have someone else take a bulk of that responsibility to free up Ray and Pierce so they can do their thing on offense...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Way to go Bias.  You don't want to trade anyone?  I actually don't mind this trade.  We are really not giving up anyone and getting back a player that would contribute. If Nate can only play when we have another 2 guard playing point guard I don't have a lot of faith in him. Or his basketball IQ

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Tony Allen may even be available.  Nobody gave more fits to Lebron and Kobe than Tony last year.  I am not sure I think it is even necessary, but TA will come cheaper than Battier.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Tony Allen may even be available.  Nobody gave more fits to Lebron and Kobe than Tony last year.  I am not sure I think it is even necessary, but TA will come cheaper than Battier.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

TA doesn't want to be in the "shadow" any more.  He had to take his "talents" to Memphis and show what he could do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

How about Nate and Tony on the same second team.  Talk about low basketball IQ.  Ugggggggggggggggggggg

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Team defense is one of the two key things that contain Lebron.  The other is his own selfishness.  When you shoot like that and score so much, you freeze the rest of the team out and while you may have one or two great games, its hard to win a series that way.  Kobe just dropped 40 on us and lost.  

Points by an individual are not the measure of success - good team ball wins more often than not.   Lebron's teams fall apart because he does NOT play team ball.

We have the team to beak the Heat without any modification to our current roster.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

[QUOTE]Team defense is one of the two key things that contain Lebron.  The other is his own selfishness.  When you shoot like that and score so much, you freeze the rest of the team out and while you may have one or two great games, its hard to win a series that way.  Kobe just dropped 40 on us and lost.   Points by an individual are not the measure of success - good team ball wins more often than not.   Lebron's teams fall apart because he does NOT play team ball. We have the team to beak the Heat without any modification to our current roster.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Certainly agree with you that the team as presently constructed can go all the way.  My point is more that with a defense stopper and glue guy like Battier we would be cover our only weakness and improve spacing.     In the playoffs we'll only have a rotation of 9 guys and with Battier West along with one of (Rondo, Pierce or Allen we would put so much more pressure on teams and create the spacing we need for our bigs to operate the inside out game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Battier would be a nice to have, I agree.  Just not critical.  If he got bought out and was available for a low cost, might be worth it, but I don't see that scenario happening.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Ray did the best job guarding him last year, he was lighting pierce up! Ray is becoming our defensive stopper!! Plus our go to guy. Big shot Ray, superstar!!!

Easily the most popular Celtic since Larry. We are so lucky to have such a class act!!  Ray should be the face of the NBA!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE] Ray did the best job guarding him last year, he was lighting pierce up! Ray is becoming our defensive stopper!! Plus our go to guy. Big shot Ray, superstar!!!  Easily the most popular Celtic since Larry. We are so lucky to have such a class act!!  Ray should be the face of the NBA!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

LMAO.   You know who the face of the franchise is.

Gotta go get my sneakers on for the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE] Ray did the best job guarding him last year, he was lighting pierce up! Ray is becoming our defensive stopper!! Plus our go to guy. Big shot Ray, superstar!!!  Easily the most popular Celtic since Larry. We are so lucky to have such a class act!!  Ray should be the face of the NBA!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't say most popular. Class act, absolutely.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Well Said, Bias. You said it all. Lebron is the least person to worry about. Boston always contain him in the play-offs with their suffocating, lock-down, and stingy defense.

Time Will Only Tell

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

There is a big difference between Celveland LeBron and Miami LeBron.  The Celts will do well to prepare in case Paul Pierce gets into foul trouble guarding LeBron.  While the current roster can compete and win aginst Miami, I would be very happy if Danny found a way to improve our chances.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

" If we could trade Ray for Granger, i would do it in a minute. Granger is a very good player."

Re: What about Danny Granger?

posted at 2/18/2010 10:47 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 2/4/2011

If we could trade Ray for Granger, i would do it in a minute. Granger is a very good player. We just missed out on him in the Draft, the Pacers took him just in front of us, and we were left with Gerald Green. I have to admit at the time i liked it.

We've had a couple disagreements, i don't take it personal,i hope you don't.
     Being from Belgium, i'm going to call you a super Celtic fan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Would love battier

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do we have to contain Lebron come playoff time? How about Battier : LMAO.   You know who the face of the franchise is. Gotta go get my sneakers on for the game.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Are you always negative?  Give me one positive post.  I just want to be entertained.... please man, I bored at work. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

Could have used some more firepower off the bench tonight.  Nate was useless as usual, only Marquis had it going..