WHO GETS A RING FIRST, CLEVELAND OR HEAT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WHO GETS A RING FIRST, CLEVELAND OR HEAT?

couldnt help but notice the irony last night. cavs get 2 picks in the top 5 in a very talented top 5 draft. they will go first (wonder how the loser clips feel about that today) and likely pick tyreke irving from duke with the first pick and one of those stud euro-centers with the fourth pick. with guys like varajao, jamison and baron davis returningthis team could be competing for the playoffs as early as next year and ring competitve within 2. i say they will get there before the mighty paper champs HEAT! dan gilbert nailed it. that city now has its confidence back with peyton hillis the new madden cover boy and their new city-wide rallying cry and slogan: WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN THIS? (coined by gilbert's disabled 14yo son after he got the news).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: WHO GETS A RING FIRST, CLEVELAND OR HEAT?

In Response to WHO GETS A RING FIRST, CLEVELAND OR HEAT?:
    [QUOTE]couldnt help but notice the irony last night. cavs get 2 picks in the top 5 in a very talented top 5 draft. they will go first (wonder how the loser clips feel about that today) and likely pick tyreke irving from duke with the first pick and one of those stud euro-centers with the fourth pick. with guys like varajao, jamison and baron davis returningthis team could be competing for the playoffs as early as next year and ring competitve within 2. i say they will get there before the mighty paper champs HEAT! dan gilbert nailed it. that city now has its confidence back with peyton hillis the new madden cover boy and their new city-wide rallying cry and slogan: WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN THIS? (coined by gilbert's disabled 14yo son after he got the news).
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Hey CC, I could easily see the Heat getting their first ring in a few weeks (not saying they will) and the Cavs will likely draft Kyrie Irving and bounce Baron Davis however they can given his 15 million dollar salary but from what I have seen, heard, read I do not see this as a deep draft.

That said I have no idea how the Heat add any real talent over the coming years especially the new CBA talk.

I would give the Heat the advantage of most likely winning a title before Cleveland, Jamison is near the end and I cannot see them continuing to absorb Baron Davis' salary.

I think Washington, Memphis, Clips, 6ers, Bulls, Sac, and a bunch of other teams are more likely to win before the Cavs but less likely to win than the Heat... not that I like the Heat other than the heat that you appear to bring.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

This is not a serious question, is it?   Is there anyone silly enough to say that Cleveland with nothing but draft choices is going to win a championship anytime soon when all the young teams like Chicago, OKC, Clippers, New York, Miami, Portland, etc. have a lead on them?   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: WHO GETS A RING FIRST, CLEVELAND OR HEAT?:
    [QUOTE]This is not a serious question, is it?   Is there anyone silly enough to say that Cleveland with nothing but draft choices is going to win a championship anytime soon when all the young teams like Chicago, OKC, Clippers, New York, Miami, Portland, etc. have a lead on them?   
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    u clearly did not follow cleveland at all esp at the end when fully healthy. they were not only winning games but blowing people out. they hAve jj hickson, sammy the athletic nigerian dude samuels, varajao, jamison, baron davis, big luke, semih erden, daniel gibson, and 2 top #1s. that is a nice base to build from. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHO GETS A RING FIRST, CLEVELAND OR HEAT? : u clearly did not follow cleveland at all esp at the end when fully healthy. they were not only winning games but blowing people out. they hAve jj hickson, sammy the athletic nigerian dude samuels, varajao, jamison, baron davis, big luke, semih erden, daniel gibson, and 2 top #1s. that is a nice base to build from. 

Is tonight the night you go out drinking?

The Cav players you listed are all garbage with the exception of Varejo... who didnt even play end of season and Baron.  This team has no chance of competing for a title unless they draft Kareem and Larry and MJ

The draft could help out and possibly start building a good team but even that is a gigantic IF.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]This is not a serious question, is it?   Is there anyone silly enough to say that Cleveland with nothing but draft choices is going to win a championship anytime soon when all the young teams like Chicago, OKC, Clippers, New York, Miami, Portland, etc. have a lead on them?   

It depends on who Cleveland gets and whether or not the other teams can keep their core players together.....

Also whenever we have these types of discussions can we please stop including the Knicks, they have no chance of getting additonal help and defense is like 3 a.m. at my age - just a rumor.

I am not saying they will overtake these teams but remember when the Bulls got Brand, Hinrich, and a bunch of other lottery picks and still um s ucked?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHO GETS A RING FIRST, CLEVELAND OR HEAT? : u clearly did not follow cleveland at all esp at the end when fully healthy. they were not only winning games but blowing people out. they hAve jj hickson, sammy the athletic nigerian dude samuels, varajao, jamison, baron davis, big luke, semih erden, daniel gibson, and 2 top #1s. that is a nice base to build from. 

OK, let's go to the facts, my man.   Cleveland's last 10 games:

5 wins and 5 losses.
    Lost to Charlotte 98 to 97
    Lost to Wizards 115 to 107
    Lost to Knicks 123 to 107
    Lost to Bulls 93 to 82
    Lost to Bucks 108 to 101
    Average margin of loss:  8.6 points

Won vs Miami 102 to 90
    Won vs Charlotte 99 to 89
    Won vs Toronto 104 to 96
    Won vs Pistons 110 to 101
    won vs Wizards 100 to 93
    Average margin of victory: 9 points

If we go back for the 10 games before that, they were 2 wins and 8 losses!!!

So, they won ONE game against a playoff team.  The total margin of victory was 0.4 points.  They were 7 wins and 13 losses!  So, what is it that I wasn't watching, my man???

Luke, Semih, Gibson, Parker, Samuels, Baron Davis.....come on man - bums most of them.   How many of those guys will YOU go after in free agency????

Cleveland is a joke and will be for about 5 years, even with young draft choices.  It takes a while for 19 year olds to develop in the NBA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

Are you stoned?  You might call yourself a contrarian but this is ridiculous - I mean there are 30 teams in the NBA better than Cleveland right now.  The Heat and Cavs are not even on the same planet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHO GETS A RING FIRST, CLEVELAND OR HEAT? : Is tonight the night you go out drinking? The Cav players you listed are all garbage with the exception of Varejo... who didnt even play end of season and Baron.  This team has no chance of competing for a title unless they draft Kareem and Larry and MJ The draft could help out and possibly start building a good team but even that is a gigantic IF.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]had i told u 3 years ago the bulls would be where they are would u have believed it? those 2 studs they draft will serve as linchpins for years to come. those guys mentioned are good team-winner pieces not stars as individuals. they are role players.look at okc. the past doesnt equal the future. i can see the cavs becoming elite within 3 years and making a ring run BEFORE the heat get a ring. just my opinion.. look at my poll, its 50/50.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Well, looking at the Bulls 2 years ago when they gave us hell in the playoffs (no KG, of course), they had potential.   The Cavs, on the other hand, do not have the supporting cast AND they don't have a city/money that the Bulls have to attract the top free agents to go with their draft choices.

Second and most important - the issue is not whether or not the Cavs can develop into a top team.....the question is whether they can do it TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL BEFORE the Heat - who have 3 stars (and 2 of the best 5 players in the league) - get there.   

How you can contend that the Heat, who are playing in the Eastern Conf Finals and are in the prime of their careers by having experience AND youth, won't win a championship before a team that hasn't even drafted its players and don't have the support teams.....is beyond me.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And he's usually one of the most reasonable people on this Board.  I don't get where he's coming from, Fierces.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

The Heat already have rings from '06 & all the rings around the team bath tubs from all the dirt bags (exclude Eddie House) that are associated with that organization including and especially Riley, James, Bosh, & Wade.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHO GETS A RING FIRST, CLEVELAND OR HEAT? : had i told u 3 years ago the bulls would be where they are would u have believed it? those 2 studs they draft will serve as linchpins for years to come. those guys mentioned are good team-winner pieces not stars as individuals. they are role players.look at okc. the past doesnt equal the future. i can see the cavs becoming elite within 3 years and making a ring run BEFORE the heat get a ring. just my opinion.. look at my poll, its 50/50.

Look, the reason the Bulls are in the picture today as a legit contender is because they got very fortunate and drafted a player thats become a bona fide superstar and league MVP in just a few years....

Let me know how often that happens and compare to how many times it doesnt happen and you'll have your answer.

How many "cant misses" have been drafted that never made an impact? THis years draft doesnt have even one of those players imo.... and theres not a ton of FA stars that want to move to Cleveland  to smell the Lake... Their own home grown superstar just bolted!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHO GETS A RING FIRST, CLEVELAND OR HEAT? : Look, the reason the Bulls are in the picture today as a legit contender is because they got very fortunate and drafted a player thats become a bona fide superstar and league MVP in just a few years.... Let me know how often that happens and compare to how many times it doesnt happen and you'll have your answer. How many "cant misses" have been drafted that never made an impact? THis years draft doesnt have even one of those players imo.... and theres not a ton of FA stars that want to move to Cleveland  to smell the Lake... Their own home grown superstar just bolted!
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Great post and I definitely agree with you.  Cleveland's draft picks this year may help them to improve, but not at least for a few years.  The only way they will improve and be able to compete is to sign a FA that will have an immediate impact.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Chicago - Rose, Noah, Deng, Taj Gibson 

OKC - Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Collison, Ibaka, Maynor

Clips - Kaman, Jordan, Gordon, Bledsoe, Aminu, Griffin

Portland - Roy, Aldridge, Batum, Fernandez, Wesley Matthews

Yeah, I hate that whole draft thing.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHO GETS A RING FIRST, CLEVELAND OR HEAT? : Look, the reason the Bulls are in the picture today as a legit contender is because they got very fortunate and drafted a player thats become a bona fide superstar and league MVP in just a few years.... Let me know how often that happens and compare to how many times it doesnt happen and you'll have your answer. How many "cant misses" have been drafted that never made an impact? THis years draft doesnt have even one of those players imo.... and theres not a ton of FA stars that want to move to Cleveland  to smell the Lake... Their own home grown superstar just bolted!
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Of course it is talk but there have been lots of comparisons of Kyrie Irving to Chris Paul.... I'll take that chance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE] The Heat already have rings from '06 & all the rings around the team bath tubs from all the dirt bags (exclude Eddie House) that are associated with that organization including and especially Riley, James, Bosh, & Wade.
    Posted by JREwing[/QUOTE]
    LOL

sad little man eh?