who impressed last night? (and who didn't)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

who impressed last night? (and who didn't)

Not talking really about the stars or established players; we really know what to expect from them. 

Erden getting lots of raves, but I still think he's a marginal NBA player at best.  He's not aggresive enough, doesn't have good body control or good hands. 

Who's this Lasme kid?  Does he have a shot at making this team?  The Celtics haven't really had anyone with his kind of energy in a while.  Seems like a good fit for this C's team.

Wafer looked horrible.  We know he didn't shoot well in camp, which is supposed to be his main strengh.  He didn't show that he can contribute in any other ways last night.

Harongody was awful as well.  Even missed a layup. 

Mario got some minutes, but I don't remember much of his performance either good or bad.

Well it was just one game; round 2 starts in about 8 hours.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Re: who impressed last night? (and who didn't)

Erden and Lasme are keepers

TH thought Celts wont keep Lasme

Harongody is unimpressive..maybe D league

Daniels looked better

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: who impressed last night? (and who didn't):
    [QUOTE]Wafer ran around like R. Allen, but when he did not get the ball, he looks like he lost interest.  
    Posted by DM-NH[/QUOTE]

I noticed that as well.. I am taking it as if he wants to show that he is an offensive player rather than him wanting to be the center of attention for the bench. 

I thought Nate and Delonte were great together and with Marquis as well. They were quick moving the ball and quick finding the open man. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

It was only the first night and the first game. Give these guys a chance to settle in, and play a little before throwing them under the bus. One game is only one game, and even Larry Bird had a bad game once in a while.

Doc has been saying that KG has been explosive in camp, however, last night was nothing to write home about.

Lets see how they do in the rest of the pre-season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

First off, I want to say that we can't take much away from last night.  The Celtics didn't put out their projected starting 5 for opening day, Philly played without their best 2 players, and clearly we were in garbage time early.

What I mean about garbage time is that we saw a lot of players on both teams who will not be on the opening day roster.  I liked Erden's movement.  He's got great feet and speed for a big man.  I was also impressed by Shaq's conditioning.  He can run now, will obviously get into better shape for the season, and should be a force either as a starter or with the 2nd unit.  Part of me hopes he's with the 2nd unit just to watch him crush everyone.  Our 2nd unit with Shaq could probably beat a lot of starting 5's in this league. 

I fully expect West to make this team and both our draft picks to end up with the D-League this year.  It's not that we made bad picks, in fact I think we got 2 great players, but the team is too deep and Doc doesn't play rookies.  Erden will probably be with the team as long as Perk is out.  He's a great 3rd big man to have behind the 'O'Neal Brothers'. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to Re: who impressed last night? (and who didn't):
    [QUOTE]Erden looked OK, but has hands of stone.  Nice shoot stroke from the line, and nice little hook. Lasme looked good in the short time he was there, but it was against the bottom of the 76's bench.  Would be nice to see him get in with the 2nd unit to see what he can do. Wafer ran around like R. Allen, but when he did not get the ball, he looks like he lost interest.  Do not see him making the roster. Harongody did not look good.  Missed some bunny shots, and let the 24 sec clock go before he got a shot off.  Definate D-League for now. Daniels did look more involved.  Delonte looked pretty good as well. Should be an interesting season with the team 10 deep.
    Posted by DM-NH[/QUOTE]

Lasme may win out over Wafer unless he shows off his 3-pt shooting asap

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Wafer was impressive while he played for Houston during the 08-09 season. We'll see soon enough if he still has the skills to be an NBA player.
        I hear Lasme played very well. I hope it continues because we all know the C's could use a good 6'8 small forward coming off the bench.
        Back to Wafer. Once Delonte West was signed, the need for Wafer to make the team is of little significance. With West and Bradley, the back up 2 guard position is fine. Even Marquis can be a back up 2 guard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Let's not make any roster decisions after one pre-season game, shall we?  The cream will rise, as it always does.  Nerves, new system........who knows......let's give it a few more games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Yeah Waver was totally rubbish last night... turnovers...bad drives... However let's keep him for the preseason just to see if he might turn it up a little bit(maybe it were just the nerves). Lasme was impressive for his small amount of minutes. I'd like to see more of Mario. Delonte West looked good to me. Shaq was a nice addition. Harongody should take less ill-advised shots. Erden showed some real effort.  I was just so happy to see Marquis running around again... I think he'll do fine for us. Overall I am pretty satisfied with the roster... however when will we see Bradley running around the court? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I disagree with TeamUmbutu on KG.   It was his shot that was off, but that's what we can expect from all shooters int he beginning of preseason.   I thought his explosiveness was there.  His quickness in rebounding and shot blocking.  He blocked one right off the bat and it wasn't by sneaking up on someone else's man - it was his own man's turnaround jumper and KG was right in his face.  He missed a few blocks but was way up in the air and not afraid to jump.

I liked his confidence - no more shying away from jumping!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

What the established players such as K.G etc do during the preseason doesn't mean much to me. Many players don't play with the intensity during practice games as compared to games that count.
       I'm paying attention to the guys who are trying to make the team. Their the ones with high motivation during preseason games. Lasme is of a big concern because the C's can use a skilled backup to Pierce. Daniel's is ok in some situations, but he's a little small in stature to effectively cover many NBA small forwards. Lasme at 6'8 amd 220 lbs is the same size as Posey. One game doesn't mean much, but Lasme's performance is encouraging.