1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Who is Danny Ainges biggest steal ever?

Rondo?
    Kevin Garnett?
    Perkins?
    Big Baby?
    Johnson?
    Moore?

I think it's K.G., just because of his enormous impact versus the collective impact of the players traded.

In terms of the draft, it's Rondo at 13. It may end up being JaJuan though.
    We'll look back in 3 years...

Of course Moore at 55 looks like he will be in the running too just because of where he was drafted. If he makes an all-star game in his career he may be the winner.

If JaJuan develops into a hall-of-famer type at pick 27 he will win.

Such great speculation!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Who is Danny Ainges biggest steal ever?

In Response to Who is Danny Ainges biggest steal ever?:
    [QUOTE]Rondo? Kevin Garnett? Perkins? Big Baby? Johnson? Moore? I think it's K.G., just because of his enormous impact versus the collective impact of the players traded. In terms of the draft, it's Rondo at 13. It may end up being JaJuan though. We'll look back in 3 years...
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Rondo was pick #21 - just for the record!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Who is Danny Ainges biggest steal ever?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Who is Danny Ainges biggest steal ever? : Rondo was pick #21 - just for the record!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Really? Day-Um!!!!

The best PG in the league at pick 21? SWEEET!

That's right! Get your assists UP DRose! You just a great guard that plays the  point right now. Your not a great set-up guy.

Rondo is the best set-up guy in the NBA, bar none.
    + top notch PG defender
    + a ton of guts and heart and smarts and fakes
    + a ton of quickness and speed
    + rebounds galore and crisp passes with both hands
    + he gets pick-pocketed NEVER!
    Where's the argument?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo? Kevin Garnett? Perkins? Big Baby? Johnson? Moore? I think it's K.G., just because of his enormous impact versus the collective impact of the players traded. In terms of the draft, it's Rondo at 13. It may end up being JaJuan though. We'll look back in 3 years... Of course Moore at 55 looks like he will be in the running too just because of where he was drafted. If he makes an all-star game in his career he may be the winner. If JaJuan develops into a hall-of-famer type at pick 27 he will win. Such great speculation!
    OK, it's a  bit early to dub Johnson a HOF'er before he plays his first NBA minute.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

Johnson was one of my favorites to watch in college ball be cause he was so quick and controlled for a 6'10" guy.  Yes, a skinny 6'10 guy.  He wasn't just an athlete, but he used his quickness to react well to passes and to stay on the offensive guys shooting hand.  That defensive quickness gives the C's a lot to work with.   And Johnson's possibilities running behind the break with Rondo and Green is an Ainge dream. The quickness issue is why I was totally bored with the Morris twins but was excited to see Johnson on the tube.  Get Russel in there to help Garnett coach Johnson as soon as the lockout ends. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Have to agree with the KG trade.  He is the reason that we won the championship.  We wouldn't have won if he wasn't a Celtic. 
    '

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is Danny Ainges biggest steal ever? : Really? Day-Um!!!! The best PG in the league at pick 21? SWEEET! That's right! Get your assists UP DRose! You just a great guard that plays the  point right now. Your not a great set-up guy. Rondo is the best set-up guy in the NBA, bar none. + top notch PG defender + a ton of guts and heart and smarts and fakes + a ton of quickness and speed + rebounds galore and crisp passes with both hands Where's the argument?

Can you imagine if could shoot jump shots and free throws.Maybe it will com,he still very young.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is Danny Ainges biggest steal ever? : Really? Day-Um!!!! The best PG in the league at pick 21? SWEEET! That's right! Get your assists UP DRose! You just a great guard that plays the  point right now. Your not a great set-up guy. Rondo is the best set-up guy in the NBA, bar none. + top notch PG defender + a ton of guts and heart and smarts and fakes + a ton of quickness and speed + rebounds galore and crisp passes with both hands Where's the argument?

Now if we can flip him for a franchise PG or Big, then Rondo will be hands down the biggest steal ever.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is Danny Ainges biggest steal ever? : Now if we can flip him for a franchise PG or Big, then Rondo will be hands down the biggest steal ever. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

As an official Rondo-hater you have ZEEEEEERO credibility!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Getting Rondo at 21 was a huge steal, regards if you think he is a top 5 pg or not. Anytime you get an All-Star, who can give you a triple double every now and then after the lotto, you got yourself talent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

in think pierce at 10!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Pierce and Rondo are a tie for me, Pierce is one of the greatest Celtics ever (yes I said it) and Rondo was a friken steal at 21. I really hope Johnson's talent can transfer over to the NBA, so in 5 years I can say Johnson was the best steal ever.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is Danny Ainges biggest steal ever? : As an official Rondo-hater you have ZEEEEEERO credibility!

Love the Celtics. Hate Rondo.

So what's your point?

To flip Rondo into a  franchise PG or 5 would make his selection at 21 even more of a steal.

Do you disagree with that?

Where is your credibility?

Pud

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Sorry.... I didn't mean to rain on your parade, daceltics.

Folks are getting mighty, MIGHTY  nervous about trade prospects regarding Rondo.

Over at R9R's offical website, the lead story is.... "Rumors Swirl about a Possible Rondo Trade."

Trades are part of the business. You'll get over it.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is Danny Ainges biggest steal ever? : Now if we can flip him for a franchise PG or Big, then Rondo will be hands down the biggest steal ever. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Actually Rondo is the biggest steal of the lot already.  If Danny can flip him around for a big or an even better point guard (aka CP3) I will proclaim Danny to be a Magician.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Who is Danny Ainges biggest steal ever? : Rondo was pick #21 - just for the record!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

He was drafted by Phoenix

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE]in think pierce at 10!
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]

Rick Pitino drafted Pierce, not Danny boy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Pierce fell into our laps ... Pitino did nothing

Whazzamatta fatboy ... too big to fly under the radar?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce fell into our laps ... Pitino did nothing Whazzamatta fatboy ... too big to fly under the radar?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Pitino could have done worse, he could have used the 10th pick on Bonzi Wells, the 11th pick, or he could have picked Matt Harpring, the 15th pick. The only good Rick Pitino did for the Celtics was drafting Paul Pierce. At least give him that.

And why are you calling me fatboy? Check my profile again, maybe you have me mistaken for another guy you met online. It's disgusting that you're checking out the profile pics of the people on this forum.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlpharettaIRWIN. Show AlpharettaIRWIN's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo? Kevin Garnett? Perkins? Big Baby? Johnson? Moore? I think it's K.G., just because of his enormous impact versus the collective impact of the players traded. In terms of the draft, it's Rondo at 13. It may end up being JaJuan though. We'll look back in 3 years... Of course Moore at 55 looks like he will be in the running too just because of where he was drafted. If he makes an all-star game in his career he may be the winner. If JaJuan develops into a hall-of-famer type at pick 27 he will win. Such great speculation!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlpharettaIRWIN. Show AlpharettaIRWIN's posts

Excuse me but Rondo was the No. 21 pick from Phoenix.

And possibly Triple J (JaJuan) will be big as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Today, my pick is KG, but it may end up being Jeff Greene. Time will tell!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

The real question should be can anyone name one player move by DA since the 08 Championship season that ended up on the good side of the equation for the Celtics?