Who is our biggest threat in the Atlantic Division?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Who is our biggest threat in the Atlantic Division?

We are still the King, until someone knocks us off.  All the teams have improved, including us.http://www.boston.com/community/forums/start_discussion/100/1240

Raptors -  they will be the probable doormat of the Division, but with rookies Terrence Ross (who I wanted us to take) and Jonas Valanciunas (last year's #1), if they are not good, they should start improving next year.  Bargnani, Lowry and Fields could make this team tough to beat on certain nights.

Nets - the Nets are a much improved team, in my opinion.  Their starting team of Williams, Johnson, Wallace, Humprhies and Lopez is formidable.  The bench will be Brooks, Outlaw, Evans and Teletovic..........pretty weak, but they are young, and the owner will spend the money to improve the team.

Knicks - a collection of very good players - Melo, Chandler, Amare, Smith, Novak (role player), Felton and Camby who just cannot seem to play well together.  They added Jason Kidd and Ronnie Brewer this year, so they are a threat, and could really do some damage if they jell.

Philly - Did they lose too much, give up too much?  Yes, they have Bynum now, in what could be a monster year for him.  They have also added the Black Hole, Nick Young.  But this team lost Brand, Williams and Iggy from last year's team.  I just can't see JRich and Lavoy Allen filling the void. 

I see the Celtics winning the Division, with Philly second and the Nets third.  Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Who is our biggest threat in the Atlantic Division?

I see the same type of year coming buddy....I love what Danny has been able to accomplish...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I agree, Duke, he has done a great job so far.  Maybe a little tinkering mid-season, maybe not

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Red16Russ11,
    The usual suspects, of course, NYK and Philly. I'd say NYK are more dangerous (at least on paper). They added Kid and Brewer and kept the core.
    As for Philly, I'm not sure they improved that much by swapping Iggy for Bynum.
    I have my doubts about Nets. They have a very solid individual starters, but will they be able to perform as a team?

AK