Who is Romero Osby???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Who is Romero Osby???

Why are various NBA outlets reporting the Celtics are about to obtain the rights to small forward Romero Osby?  I mean, he was cut by the Orlando Magic so why would the Celtics be interested in obtaining his rights to play for our D-League team in Maine?

This can only mean Wallace or Green will be gone and they'll bring him up to play backup SF.

Is this guy any good?  Does it matter that he might not be?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Who is Romero Osby???

Wallace has ankle problems.

Insurance maybe?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

He reminds me a little of Leon Powe.

Here are his highlights.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAy0PXbJLCo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/230493/Celtics-Lead-Among-Teams-Negotiating-Rights-To-Romero-Osby

If he signs with RedClaws and we move a player or two then Danny will be able to call him up and fit him under the tax cap.

Problem with Osby is he played PF @ 6'8" and was trying to make the transition to SF with Orlando. Guy hasn't played SF since HS.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Teams aren't done. All they've done was make their final cuts and Danny found a cut he has interest in along with 3-5 other NBA gm's.

Since when is there a moratorium on trades during the season ... the dealine isn't unti 2/20/14!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The guy looks like he has upside and size.  Celtics will leave no stone unturned that does not have a big price tag.  The was a forward  that played on our summer league team that looked pretty good.  What happened to him? Did he lead the D League in scoring?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Osby is a nice player from OU.  Powe isn't a bad comparison, but he has more range. He is not as "nifty" around the basked, as tommy would say.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I wonder if the team has looked at this kid:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/dewayne-dedmon

we always can use a Melo sitting on the end of the bench with his shoes untied!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Teams aren't done. All they've done was make their final cuts and Danny found a cut he has interest in along with 3-5 other NBA gm's.

Since when is there a moratorium on trades during the season ... the dealine isn't unti 2/20/14!

[/QUOTE]

But didn't you say Danny will NOT wait until 2/20/14 to make a move?

Here:

"BTW, Danny's hands have been tied as other teams evaluate their own players and what they need. Once teams start shuffling the deck Danny will be an active participant. I doubt he's holding his current hand till Febuary ... it's not his M.O. and he knows how unpredictable the draft can be unlike the fungus."

[/QUOTE]

Yeah ........ So what didn't you understand?  It's October and the decks of few teams have been shuffled. They all have another three plus months to make their moves and I still don't think Danny will be a procrastinator holding out till the last hour.

Stevens is starting Green with Wallace ... does that sound like a coach wanting to tank?

Here, another opinion on tanking vs horsetrading as this blogger looks at our current assets available for trades;

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=272452

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE] 

[QUOTE]

Yeah ........ So what didn't you understand?  It's October and the decks of few teams have been shuffled. They all have another three plus months to make their moves and I still don't think Danny will be a procrastinator holding out till the last hour.

Stevens is starting Green with Wallace ... does that sound like a coach wanting to tank?

Here, another opinion on tanking vs horsetrading as this blogger looks at our current assets available for trades;

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=272452

[/QUOTE] 

What???

Blogger?

HAHAHA

Come on, nobody forced you to say that you know Danny's M.O.

Sept. 12 has come and gone and the preseason is over and Danny still hasn't made a move.

The reason why Ainge will not make a move, until the last hour, is it is in the last hour that our players will have more trade value.

You're just not intelligent enough to understand that. 

And you should pay attention, I never said the coach or the players will tank, Danny Ainge did the tanking for them!

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

Don't put words in my mouth Fungus ... I never said Sept 12th or opening night and you know that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.