Who remembers "The Tall Wall"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Who remembers "The Tall Wall"?

Hint.....think 1960's....just for fun....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Re: Who remembers "The Tall Wall"?

Was it Wayne Embry?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good guess.....but it is actually three guys who played together for a short time....hint....think HOF (2 of the 3)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I give up.  Despite by best and most heroic efforts I could not find the answer.

Please, Duke, enlighten us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Wilt, Thurmond and Wayne Hightower.  Leroy Ellis played for the Lakers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

We have a winner.....nice job Paul!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

man, you were so close......not too many remember Hightower....Ellis was a good guess.....now without looking....who did Ellis share the center position with.....?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Great guess.....but not the guy I was looking for....although they did play during the same timeframe.....I'm not sure that all three weren't on the same roster....I'd have to look that one up...but I don't think so....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Ellis played a long time.   In addition to Darrell Imhoff I'll guess Jim Wiley earlier in Ellis's career.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Man, you are so close that I have to give it to you....yes, Gene Wiley.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

In Response to Re: Who remembers "The Tall Wall"?:
    [QUOTE]This is what s*cks......I can remember these names from 45+ years ago...but am lost without my Yahoo calendar to remember what to do tomorrow....
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I'm right there with you buddy....I can still remember being around 11 years old and seeing my first professional game in Rochester, NY....Elgin Baylor was my hero at the time and the Lakers played Syracuse in a "home game" in my city.....I remember the entire game and Baylor scored around 38 points....now ask me what I had for lunch last Friday.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

In Response to Re: Who remembers "The Tall Wall"?:
    [QUOTE]Man, you are so close that I have to give it to you....yes, Gene Wiley.....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

I have to 'fess up to never having seen Gene Wiley play or for that matter Wayne Hightower and I only saw Wilt and Nate Thurmond toward the end of their careers.

My memory of Gene Wiley is from reading Cousy book the "Last Loud Roar."  My memory of guys like Darrell Imhoff and Leroy Ellis is mostly from TOPPs basketball cards I use to get with my bubblegum when I was walking home from grammar school.

And yes, stuff is easily and permanently burned into your memory when you are a kid.

I remember Darrell Imhoff's stats from the back of a basketball card better than what I remember doing  at work last week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I hear you.....I just lookep up the date I went to the game in which Baylor played....it was Saturday night, December 16th, 1961.....I was 11....ironically, it was Baylor's 27 birthday and the only time I saw him play in person....I remember it like it was just yesterday....speaking of LeRoy Ellis.....I remember the Lakers putting a bonus in his contract if he ever reached 7 ft.....unfortunately for his he stopped growing at 6-11...again.....why do I even remember this stuff?