Who should start, Shaq or Jermaine?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Re: Who should start, Shaq or Jermaine?

Hi,
    I think it doesn't matter. Celtics should have luxury to start either one. By the playoffs there will be 3 starting centers (hopefully Perk's rehab is successful and  no injury to O'Neals).
    LOL about Nate.

AK

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Shaq will be the b/u on most nights but what's the difference because there are 48 minutes availible and they will split them fairly equally until Perkins returns.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Who should start, Shaq or Jermaine?:
    [QUOTE]     I think Shaq will start. My reason for saying so is Jermaine and Big Baby will be a better combination playing together than Shaq and B.B.  A Shaq and B.B combination would lack speed. Jermaine would add some quickness to the post while B.B adds the muscle.    Secondly K.G will get more open shots this season as teams will double Shaq frequently. Shaq is a good passer when double teamed.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

As long as we amateurs are speculating..I think it will depend on who they are playing.

Some nights G.D. and Shack will dominate the game at times. JMO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]     I think Shaq will start. My reason for saying so is Jermaine and Big Baby will be a better combination playing together than Shaq and B.B.  A Shaq and B.B combination would lack speed. Jermaine would add some quickness to the post while B.B adds the muscle.    Secondly K.G will get more open shots this season as teams will double Shaq frequently. Shaq is a good passer when double teamed.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

-

And I think that no matter who is in with Shaq it will be a slow unit. 

Therefore, I think it is better for JO to start, for a quicker unit out the gate and then bring in the Big Shamrock to pound the ball down low and beat up on the other teams 2nd unit (and 1st unit).

Of course it's a great problem to have, which O'Neil to start, but it will never be set in stone and will always depend on health, rest, and match-ups.

So in reality it is a moot point and irrelevant to achieving the ultimate goal.

Just fun fodder for fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastCoastAudio. Show EastCoastAudio's posts

shaq starts the games, jermaine oneal finishes. we use the deisel to get the lead and our newest stopper to protect it, thats how id do it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: Who should start, Shaq or Jermaine?:
    [QUOTE]shaq starts the games, jermaine oneal finishes. we use the deisel to get the lead and our newest stopper to protect it, thats how id do it!
    Posted by EastCoastAudio[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a goodplan to me!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Shaq is a center and Jermaine is basically a forward so Shaq.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Whichever one is healthy at the time.  These guys will be in and out of action all year long. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

Not sure who will start.  Preseason will determine that but I personnaly would like to see shaq start becasue Jermaine is a two position player.  he can come off the bench for either Shaq or KG

I think the Celtics would have more flexibility with Shaq starting but we just need to see how everyone plays together.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

I think you'll have a lot better luck starting Bill Russell. Whatever his age is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

There are a lot of factors including whether or not Shaq is doing this to match Kome's rings, or just to support his vast endorsement -entertainment status.

Match ups will probably determine who plays most, and both have their strengths and weaknesses. I like Shaq against Howard, Bynum, the bigger slower centers, and those that are easily intimidated by his size. Jermaine is probably a better choice against most quicker centers.

Its a tough choice when you have be an all-star or a previous all-star just to make the team.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Shaq and Baby... the great wall of Boston. Dwight Howard may have become a better passer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]     A Shaq and B.B combination would lack speed. Jermaine would add some quickness to the post
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

I don't think this would have anything to do with danny/doc's decision on rotations- and the statement is not true.  Davis is very fast on the switch back defensive system and has repeatedly been praised as one of the best help defenders in the league.  I know he's "fat" (but he really isn't) but it's the truth- and these are the announcers saying it, over and over again.

Jermaine has NO quickness left either. 

The simple fact of the matter is that a KG-Shaq lineup is best for KG and that's what's most important here.  Shaq stands to be MUCH more of a scoring threat than perkins and therefore create easier offensive looks for KG.  shak is also more desirable than JON to have with KG for most of KG's minutes because he is more of an enforcer type.

That said, the flip side of the coin is that JON and big baby is simply going to be the best 4/5 bench tandem in the league assuming 1) we do not over-use jermaine and 2) jermaine regains some sort of form over the pathetic (scary now that we signed him) finish in the playoffs last year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Well, it's looking like Shaq and Big Baby are going to be working with each other for the Boston Bench Mob. In training camp JO is the starting Center. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]Well, it's looking like Shaq and Big Baby are going to be working with each other for the Boston Bench Mob. In training camp JO is the starting Center. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Hey Fierce.. How do you know this. I like the idea that SO and GD are playing together. Power to the people..and they both attended LA. schools! (for the wrong coast group it means Gulf coast).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should start, Shaq or Jermaine? : H ey Fierce.. How do you know this. I like the idea that SO and GD are playing together. Power to the people..and they both attended LA. schools! (for the wrong coast group it means Gulf coast).
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

“They call us the BBM - Boston Bench Mob,” he said. “We’ll be ready. Big Baby (Glen Davis), myself and Marquis (Daniels).” Later he mentioned Delonte Westand Nate Robinson.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

I think the plan is to combine the O'neals as a "first unit" with Semih Erdin or one of the camp invites as the second unit until Perkins returns. I notice there are two bigs invited in case Erdin seems overmatched