Who should start?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Who should start?

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, you know you've got depth and that your coach has a hard choice to make when 9-10 of the best posters on this forum comment on lineups and you get 9-10 different ones they prefer.

The thing is you can make valid points for all of them... my personal favorite, with Pierce off the bench, is one of the least realistic b/c Paul has to come to that conclusion himself and go to Doc with it. DA and Doc will prob never be bold enough, esp after crybaby Ray last year, to suggest it to him.

[/QUOTE]

I am sure if Doc thinks PP should come off the bench thats what we will do.  I don't think Doc thinks thats whats best right now.  I agree with him

My lineup.

KG, PP, RR, JG, Wilcox.  or the one Kirk throws out there,

KG, Bass, Pierce, Green, and Rondo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wow, you know you've got depth and that your coach has a hard choice to make when 9-10 of the best posters on this forum comment on lineups and you get 9-10 different ones they prefer.

The thing is you can make valid points for all of them... my personal favorite, with Pierce off the bench, is one of the least realistic b/c Paul has to come to that conclusion himself and go to Doc with it. DA and Doc will prob never be bold enough, esp after crybaby Ray last year, to suggest it to him.

[/QUOTE]

I am sure if Doc thinks PP should come off the bench thats what we will do.  I don't think Doc thinks thats whats best right now.  I agree with him

My lineup.

[/QUOTE]

You mean like how Doc thought it was best for Ray to add scoring off the bench as early as 2010 but couldn't make the move until last month when Ray was injured for weeks and Avery played fantastic?

Even then Ray started the first game he came back, until the team made a 'statement' that said it was Ray's choice to go to the bench when we all know it was finally an 'enough is enough' situation among everyone in charge.

If doc hinks it is best for PP to come off the bench he may drop hints, but there is no way he is ordering it if Paul doesn't willingingly embrace the role of 6th man.

I agree that these lineups will Paul at the 2, Green at Sf max'ing his mins with Rondo seem to work pretty well right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Start: KG-Sully-Green-Pierce-Rondo and you have size and mis-mtaches all over. You may not be too fast, but Green and Rondo can run some breaks together and you need Rondo with Green as much as possible.

Sully can come in and concentrate just on rebounding and his inexperience is masked by the presence of 4 veterans, all who can score so he won't be relied on for that.

A bench of: Wilcox-Bass-Lee-Terry-Barbosa is the small-ball team that needs to fly up and down the court, Wilcox is asked to protect the paint and the rim, Bass/Terry and lee can all hit a high % of shots, etc.

When Avery returns things get sticky. Especially with PP playing some SG, we'd have 5 guys at that position... or Barbosa a PG in a shooting guards body who doesn't look comfortable leading the break.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

glad to see the bandwagon has followed the CONTRARIAN per usual. i started a thread on starting GREEN weeks ago only to be wantonly attacked by the attenton-addicted rim-me calling me out for starting attention-seeking threads when i was just staing the obvious. no way you can tell pp to come off the bench right now.. it aint happening.. period! starting him at the 2 is a possibility with green at #3. no trade is neeed, we have 3 pfs in sully, wilcox and potentially kg/green. not counting out darko, he's getting into shape.  once AB's back, you move pp to the 3 with jg back on the bench for now... if no chemistry, u put pp on the bench, most likely NEXT year! there are other factors involved. u think ray had an issue, well pp wil be far worse. would be like kobe coming off the bench in LA. these guys have egos. megastars dont come off the bench. pp sees himself that way. this is his team. wont be if coming off the bench. is kg coming off the bench? timmy duncan? dirk? use your brain before being "attention-seeking"? this thread comrade is no different in context and tone than most of what is start. its your right to follow the contrarian, just stop knocking me when its not u starting it or getting the attention for it.. GOT THAT?

[/QUOTE]

Get a clue fool, I said your thread on Green was one of the best ones you had recently and that if Green was going to start it was either going to be Pierce as 6th man or the SG, b/c Green is not a good PF.

So I am on the record as not only having no problem with your promotion of Green, but also liking a big starting 5 with him in the SG spot.

And the bandwagon is NOT following you, since you had Green as a PF and if you read the other post in this thread you can see 12 different people have 9 different opinions.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ha, I asked you why you were on a thread, this one, that you obnoxiously insulted the night before and you said "I'm here because susan asked me a question" but nowhere on THIS THREAD did Susan ask you a thing.

You are welcome anywhere, I don't demean or bully the way you do (and R9R called you out on that one when you ruined good trade conversation talk on his thread). What I do is point out when you are wrong, which is often, and when you are a hypocrite or liar, which you were above and when you are immature, which is constantly.

Do anything you like, but act like an adult and the other adults here will be inclined to have intelligent conversations with you. If you can't do that, well you can always go back to engaging the trolls...

[/QUOTE]

Really?

Moving the goal post again?

Here:

I don't see where susan asked you a question anywhere,

You said susan didn't ask me anything here, but I never said susan asked me here. I'm only asking you why is there a need for you to answer questions directed at Fiercest34?

When R9R asked me question 2 days ago, you replied in my behalf.

Yesterday, susan asked me if Josh Smith and Rondo were friends, you also replied in my behalf.

I'm here because I want to ask you a question. Why do you answer the questions intended for Fiercest34?

Are you my spokesperson?

[/QUOTE]

R9R called you out for your foolishness and said he welcomes the insights of anyone when it comes to trade talk. He started a thread that had your name in it b/c he felt your continued mentioning of the names Amare, Gasol and Josh Smith when it came to our PF situation was unrealistic and off base.

This is a discussion forum, anyone is welcome to reply if they have good insight and are polite and on topic. When you keep mentioning Josh Smith as a trade option it is only right for me to tell you Danny Ferry's obvious plans with him since you seem in the dark on them. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

And Fierce,

You demeaned and insulted this thread b/c it didn't have any responses to it at midnight ET 20 mins after I posted it... then the next day when many people were posting comments here you jumped in with your two cents...

then when I tongue in cheek asked why you were here on a thread you put down, you LIED and said you were HERE b/c Susan asked you a question... which she didn't in this thread. Nobody cares for your BS spin a day later when it was obvious you tried to make up a stupid excuse for being on a thread you insulted when really NOBODY CARES ABOUT THESE THINGS BUT YOU.

I responded by being polite and telling you that you are welcome anywhere as long as you act like an adult and stay on topic... you're still here, but hardly joining the adult conversation. Please try harder to be mature. Thanks.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Sigh

Ask for an adult and get a child

I answered your question already Fierce, nobody cares who the question is being asked of, its a discussion forum, anyone with relevant information on the topic can respond... AS R9R ALREADY TOLD YOU....

Susan asked you if Rondo and Smith were best friends, anyone is welcome to answer. I replied that nobody who knows Danny Ferry's obvious plans can include Smith in trade discussions, you avoid that point b/c you mention Smith's name constantly and show an ignorance of the Hawk's plans.

The point is that was on another thread, and yes you lied by implying you were on this thread answering someone direct question of you, that is true. And yes you used the word 'crickets' to pathetically demean this thread. I can find MULTIPLE immature threads you have started where you post the first 3-4-5 times and someone like Bloggedy comes along to ask if you are talking to yourself.

Grow up, you are again exposed and shown to look like a petty child here, move on 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My lineup.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

[/QUOTE]

I missed the game today Kirk, how often did they go big with Pierce and Green on the court at the same time?

Oh and not just Kirk but ANYONE is welcome to answer that question;-)

Looks like everyone played very well except for Bass and Barbosa.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

They just played a little together.  They did however give Wilcox time.  He is looking better and better.  Rondo is finding him on that alley oop nearly as much as he does KG.   The defense is slowly getting better as well.  Well Rondo had another bad game.  He pounded the ball and got his 20 assists.  While I am not knocking Rondo,  we do run a lot more with Barbosa.  When LB gets the ball he flies up the court,  with Green and Lee and Wilcox, and Sully,  they are a pretty good team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

They just played a little together.  They did however give Wilcox time.  He is looking better and better.  Rondo is finding him on that alley oop nearly as much as he does KG.   The defense is slowly getting better as well.  Well Rondo had another bad game.  He pounded the ball and got his 20 assists.  While I am not knocking Rondo,  we do run a lot more with Barbosa.  When LB gets the ball he flies up the court,  with Green and Lee and Wilcox, and Sully,  they are a pretty good team.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update OneOnOne... hopefully Kirk doesn't get upset that you answered a question I asked him... oh wait, he's an ADULT and not a self absorbed narcissist so I'm sure it will be fine.

Anyhow, I too find it distressing that good things happen when our backup PG flies up the court with all these athletes Danny got us... but isn't a natural PG and his handle/vision leaves much to be desired... meanwhile the PG with great ballhandling skills and the best vision in the game, to go with lightning speed, seems to prefer a halfcourt pound it into the ground game.

Very strange.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My lineup.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

[/QUOTE]

I missed the game today Kirk, how often did they go big with Pierce and Green on the court at the same time?

Oh and not just Kirk but ANYONE is welcome to answer that question;-)

Looks like everyone played very well except for Bass and Barbosa.

[/QUOTE]

Barbosa played a good game, just not enough minutes!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]

What do you all think? The starters and more the rotations in general are one of Doc's biggest challenges right now.

I say:

C - KG

PF - Sully or Wilcox

SF - Green

SG - Lee or Terry (until Avery comes back)

PG - Rondo

Pierce really needs to go to Doc and tell him he's fine being the 6th man. Obviously he still closes games and Terry does as well.

I'm not sure what PF should close games between Bass and Green. Wilcox shot between 51-61% on Ft's the last 5 seasons so he is out and Sully is a rookie who won't get calls and may make a 20 year old mistake.

[/QUOTE]

I like the thought of KG, Sully, JGreen, Lee and Rondo.  It gives Boston sure fire scoring on the second unit with PDub, Bass, Wilcox, JET and Barbosa.  The Celtics will absolutely be a team in the mix for the championship once their chemistry gets better throughout the year.  Danny did a marvelous job in putting this team together.

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to JamLock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What do you all think? The starters and more the rotations in general are one of Doc's biggest challenges right now.

I say:

C - KG

PF - Sully or Wilcox

SF - Green

SG - Lee or Terry (until Avery comes back)

PG - Rondo

Pierce really needs to go to Doc and tell him he's fine being the 6th man. Obviously he still closes games and Terry does as well.

I'm not sure what PF should close games between Bass and Green. Wilcox shot between 51-61% on Ft's the last 5 seasons so he is out and Sully is a rookie who won't get calls and may make a 20 year old mistake.

[/QUOTE]

I like the thought of KG, Sully, JGreen, Lee and Rondo.  It gives Boston sure fire scoring on the second unit with PDub, Bass, Wilcox, JET and Barbosa.  The Celtics will absolutely be a team in the mix for the championship once their chemistry gets better throughout the year.  Danny did a marvelous job in putting this team together.

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

[/QUOTE]

Great post

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Starters: KG.  Sullinger. Green. Barbossa.  Rondo

Bench: Pierce.  Bass. Terry. Lee. Wilcox.