Who would be your backup center?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Who would be your backup center?

Last on celtic's list: another  center

Who would you sign?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Who would be your backup center?

Only da one & only, Da Shaqattack, Da Shaqmiester, Da Shaqmaster, Da Stack-o-Shaq, Da Shaq-o-Maniac, Da Shaq of all Trades, Da Shaq-a-roonie, Da Shgaq-a rowski, Da Shaq-o-Matic.

In udder werds, I vote fer Shaq. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

That's  a no brainer. One of the top 10 centers of all-time who is past his prime but still a force or a much younger former number 1 pick that turned out to be maybe the biggest draft flop of all-time.
        Kwame Brown wins a close race of #1 pick flops over Michael Olowakhandi. At least the Candy Man had a few good seasons with the Clips. I don't recall Brown ever having a memorable season. 3rd place goes to Pervis Ellisson. Pervis had a terrific year in the early 90's with the Bulletts when he won the comeback player of the year award. Aside from that, Pervis had a ho/hum career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

I'm sorry but they need someone who is young, hung & strung.. Meaning young (no qualifier needed); hung (big hands & feets) & strung (length).. Whether that individual has yet to be born or is awaiting to be borne in Dr. Frankensteins's lab is another thing.. I hope we don't have to wait another 20 years before IT materializes..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

What's a train sound like rumbling down the middle of a basketball court on a fast break?

-

Answer below:

-

Shaqattack, shaqattack, shaqattack, shaqattack, shaqattack.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Actually  (and I know I'll get slack for this, but I don't care), I would start Shaq, and have Jermaine be the 6th man.  Red always said a true 6th man can play 2 positions.  Jermaine could end up with more mins than both KG and Shaq, but he would sub for whoever needed it first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Who would be your backup center?:
    [QUOTE]Actually  (and I know I'll get slack for this, but I don't care), I would start Shaq, and have Jermaine be the 6th man.  Red always said a true 6th man can play 2 positions.  Jermaine could end up with more mins than both KG and Shaq, but he would sub for whoever needed it first.
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]
    agree it seems to me that shaq is still a bit to arrogant. In a celtic team you'll have to sacrifice and that's what he'll have to do ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Actually  (and I know I'll get slack for this, but I don't care), I would start Shaq, and have Jermaine be the 6th man.  Red always said a true 6th man can play 2 positions.  Jermaine could end up with more mins than both KG and Shaq, but he would sub for whoever needed it first.
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to say, but I disagree with both you and Mr. Beligum.

Mr. Belgium first: I don't think Shaq is arrogant at all, and I think he would gladly accept the role that Doc and Danny have in mind for him.  I think there's a reason he want's to come to the C's and a reason he is reported to be in great shape, and I have a feeling that reason resides in a certain Florida town.

As for B&C, I disagree with the idea of starting Shaq because with Shaq we will more than likely be in a half-court offense, and I think this team plays best when attacking on the break or even pushing the ball up after a made basket.  The 1st unit must be very aggressive in pushing the ball down the other teams throat and attacking the basket and if nothing is there kicking it out to Ray or Paul for a three.

I see Shag coming in with the 2nd unit with the idea of playing half-court ball, giving the first unit a blow, and pounding the ball down low to Baby and Shaq and using the slashing of Q and the 3 pt range of Nate.

Could be a thing of beauty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would be your backup center? : I'm sorry to say, but I disagree with both you and Mr. Beligum. Mr. Belgium first: I don't think Shaq is arrogant at all, and I think he would gladly accept the role that Doc and Danny have in mind for him.  I think there's a reason he want's to come to the C's and a reason he is reported to be in great shape, and I have a feeling that reason resides in a certain Florida town. As for B&C, I disagree with the idea of starting Shaq because with Shaq we will more than likely be in a half-court offense, and I think this team plays best when attacking on the break or even pushing the ball up after a made basket.  The 1st unit must be very aggressive in pushing the ball down the other teams throat and attacking the basket and if nothing is there kicking it out to Ray or Paul for a three. I see Shag coming in with the 2nd unit with the idea of playing half-court ball, giving the first unit a blow, and pounding the ball down low to Baby and Shaq and using the slashing of Q and the 3 pt range of Nate. Could be a thing of beauty.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I think that is backwards.  KG, RA and PP are one of the best half-court teams in the NBA.  Rondo will run when it is there....like we saw last year.  However, the second unit of Robinson, Wafer, Daniels, BBD and JON will be the running unit.  BBD is best, I think, when he sneaks in for OR's.  I think we all witnessed the past two years the BIG weakness in his game.  He CANNOT create his own shot down low against bigger players.  Well, he can create it, he just gets stuffed a lot.  He can be very effective on a running team, or unit.

Bang the ball down low to Shaq early, get some easy looks for RA and PP, then run the opposition into the ground with the second unit!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

I see Shag coming in with the 2nd unit with the idea of playing half-court ball, giving the first unit a blow, and pounding the ball down low to Baby and Shaq and using the slashing of Q and the 3 pt range of Nate.

B&C is right. The 2nd squad will be the running team and Shaq will just upset the apple cart there. He's best used in a half court especially during the playoffs. What the 2nd team could really use is a young center that could run with them. If Erden or another VM signing don't do it then JON will have to do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would be your backup center? : I'm sorry to say, but I disagree with both you and Mr. Beligum. Mr. Belgium first: I don't think Shaq is arrogant at all, and I think he would gladly accept the role that Doc and Danny have in mind for him.  I think there's a reason he want's to come to the C's and a reason he is reported to be in great shape, and I have a feeling that reason resides in a certain Florida town. As for B&C, I disagree with the idea of starting Shaq because with Shaq we will more than likely be in a half-court offense, and I think this team plays best when attacking on the break or even pushing the ball up after a made basket.  The 1st unit must be very aggressive in pushing the ball down the other teams throat and attacking the basket and if nothing is there kicking it out to Ray or Paul for a three. I see Shag coming in with the 2nd unit with the idea of playing half-court ball, giving the first unit a blow, and pounding the ball down low to Baby and Shaq and using the slashing of Q and the 3 pt range of Nate. Could be a thing of beauty.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

This may be the first time that anyone has ever said "I don't think Shaq is arrogant at all".  I am not saying that being arrogant is a pejorative but dude...Shaq is arrogant for sure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thereandback21. Show thereandback21's posts

If Shaq and perk(healthy) had a foot race I'd bet on a tie, same with the jumping...  Shaq is an upgrade on offense and has far better hands than Perk and is a far better passer.  Perk was not out on the fast breaks and the celtics ran just fine with him in there.... watch Perk's games again he was slow up the court on more than one occassion.  Shaq would do fine in my opinion...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Not Perk!!! That's all he is is a big body. Can't shoot, not a good rebounder, can't pass, lousy hands, etc, etc, etc. And he will be getting worse. Hopefully on another team. Plus he complains too much and that hurts the team. (Just think "Wallace")

Please trade him while everybody actually believes he is good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Perk's also a terrific defender, a  good rebounder and an effective scorer as he has a high shooting % every season. He knows what shots to take and what not to take.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

What about Earl Barron? I believe he is still out there. he played PF last year but he is a 7 footer. scored about 12 points with 11 rebounds a game. under 30. Way better than Shaq. 

Shaq will kill the Celtics. He can't defend the pick and roll. In fact he pretty much can't defend anymore at all which is why he had the worst Plus minus in the league. He also thinks he can still be top on a team and leaves every team on bad terms. I say stay very far away. 

I'd take Barron, first, Brown, second. Maybe Rasho Nestervich (sp) third.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I should point out though Barron only had limited duty last year. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Why isn't Sheed listed?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

My preferences, in order:

1.  Sheed
    2.  Shaq
    10. Kwame