Who would have known?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

Re: Who would have known?

next year the celtics are likely to start :
    rondo
    bradley
    barnes
    bass
    melo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

In Response to Re: Who would have known?:
    [QUOTE]next year the celtics are likely to start : rondo bradley barnes bass melo
    Posted by caesarthecat[/QUOTE]

Tanking for a lottery pick?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Who would have known?:
    [QUOTE]If we exclude all rookies, (mostly because they will almost never play), Boston has an older team than the Lakers have. It is very close though. Boston Average: 29.8 years Lakers Average: 29.5 years By Fierce's comments, I was thinking that LA's roster is about 3 or 4 years older then Boston's.
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]

Right. if you don't include Boston's three youngest guys they Celtics are older than the Lakers.

Great stuff.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would have known? : That starting lineup is going to be something to behold!!!  As a Celtics fan, I dread having to play them considering they swept us last year without Nash or Howard in that lineup. UGH!!!
    Posted by GoGREEN![/QUOTE]

What you need to consider is how Howard disappeared every time he played Boston.  Further, you should think about how you just lost the strongest bigman in the league for the softest.

Seriously, if Glen Davis can guard Howard (and he can) then you've got much bigger concerns in LA next year.   Don't let those pesky stats fool you!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]Let's dig deeper and take a look at the 10-man rotation of each team. Celtics KG - 36 Bass - 27 Pierce - 34 Lee - 26 Rondo - 26 Green - 25 Terry - 34 Wilcox - 29 Bradley - 21 Sullinger - 20 Average age - 27.8 years old Lakers Howard - 26 Pau - 32 Peace - 32 Kobe - 33 Nash - 38 Jamison - 36 Hill - 25 Blake - 32 Meeks - 24 Ebanks - 22 Average age - 30 years old
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

That is going to make for some good entertainment when those two rosters lace it up and play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would have known? : The Lakers have two rookies too that I didn't include.

Right so if you include all the players on the roster the Lakers are older.

Great post.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would have known? : Fierce forgot (yeah ok) to include 21 year old Darius Morris. I did not include Boston's 4 rookies with Christmas or the Lakers 2 rookies because we don't know who will make the team. The Celtics are the older team.

Right.  Until the season starts.  Then we know who makes the team and the Lakers are older.

Great post.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

I actually enjoy coming here now to troll and read the Celtic fan bs. What you all really saying between the lines is that you are all phken scared about what the Lakers pulled off this summer. THE LAKERS WILL BE IN THE FINALS AGAIN. And that is a fact. Right now Boston isn't even mentioned when it comes to oddmakers. You are all in shock of what just happened, and it happened quick with Nash and Howard. The tables have been completely turned. All that remains is for this team to coalesce, and that will take a few weeks or months, but 65-70 wins is not out of the question. LA has not been this excited since...well, since they last pulled off the 'best center grab". Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Howard. Teamed with the best power post up forward and best point, even at 39. And haven't even mentioned Kobe. Throw in the Metta for good measure. This is the most depressed this board has been since I first came here to troll. It feels marvelous.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would have known? : HAHAHA The Lakers' 2 rookies, Sacre and Johnson-Odom, are unsigned. The Celtics' 3 rookies, Sully, Melo, and Joseph, were signed before the summer league started. Nice try manipulating the facts. But we all know the Lakers are the OLDEST TEAM IN THE NBA, BAR NONE!!!

U have some fine looking rooks there.  Too bad I have never even heard of my teams picks.  I guess I better learn them though since we don't pick again this decade.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would have known? : Pretending to be a Laker fan is not my style.  LOL

I hope your not insinuating that I am pretending.  I have been a loyal Laker fan for ever.  I just take off those purple glasses.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would have known? : I re-read alot of articles about that trade and there's little doubt that it was McHale that instigated and ran that trade. I don't care much it though as Boston has onle collected 1 championship albeit against a Laker team without 2 of it's starters. I've no doubt that the Dwight Howard trade will get the Lake Show at least 3 championships in the future. Let the season begin.
    Posted by The Big4[/QUOTE]

I would have that same line of thought on championships as well, which I had the last two years only to see my Lakers get beat with 8 losses and only 1  win in the second round.  Truly sickening for the talent we have.  We basically have not heart and that really hasn't changed. Howard is very wishy washy and probably will get mad at our clown coach at some point and get him fire. Yippeeee.  Nash should help us but he may be the oldest player in the league.  I don't really expect him to hold up.  And then there is Kobe.  If he only would play team ball. I can't stand watching a fade away 3 pter with a hand in his face and 14 seconds still on the shot clock.  
      Sure hope I am wrong and we get another ring. We still like about4-5 rings catching the Celtics.   I personally don't count what they did in Minnesota.  My Minnesota relatives tell me they won a championship, not the LA team.  Hard for me to argue with them.