Re: Who's better Ainge or Kupchak?
posted at 8/2/2010 1:05 PM EDT
In Response to Re: Who's better Ainge or Kupchak?
[QUOTE]Quick question. I know that people are getting on Mitch because he was pretty much given Gasol by his ex-buddy West, but wasn't the Celtics-Minnesota trade the same exact thing? I mean, an ex-Celtic (McHale) traded his best player (Garnett) to his good friend Ainge, how is that any different than what Kupchak did?
Posted by VinniePapaGiorgio[/QUOTE]
1. Gasol was traded DURING the season to a team that was already good.
2. KG was traded in the off-season to a horrible team.
3. Gasol was traded for an unknown 2nd round pick with no NBA experience ( his brother), Kwame Brown, and a retired Assistant Coach from another team (McKie).
4. KG was traded FIVE for one, including 2 #1 picks. Four of the guys are still in the league. And one, Jefferson, is a 20/10 player who will dominate this year in Utah.
5. The lakers are still upset because Odom and Bynum wasn't good enough? That was the trade Kupchak was offering, and it would have crippled your franchise. Be thankful for small favors. Chicago allegedly had a better offer for Gasol on the table ( don't know what it was), but the Griz went with the lakers offer.
We thank MN for KG, but it was a bit much, wouldn't you agree?
While, getting Gasol didn't really hurt the lakers that much, wouldn't you agree?