Who's coming out of the west?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

Who's coming out of the west?

I have to admit but the Lakers are playing great defense folks. They came back home 3 and 1 from this killer road trip and Bynum played great last night. Celtics are going to have a problem with the Lakers interior defense.  By the way good showing by the Celtics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Who's coming out of the west?

Lakers or Spurs.

We've timed our run well this season. Would like home court but meh. We still have the ability to win the championship once the finals start.

Spurs have been the dominant team all season out West. In their favour they are a team that have been there and done it. Although we're the defending champions and that gives us the advantage in my eyes.

Can't discount the Thunder but I think they're weaker after trading Green.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It would be very disappointing if the Lakers and Celtics do not meet in the Finals this season. 

The Lakers will have a more difficult time because they will face the Blazers in round 1, the Mavs in the 2nd round, and if they make it to the west finals they will most probably meet the Spurs. Those 3 teams are 3 of the top 4 best teams of the west this season IMO.  

The Blazers are not to be taken lightly because they really got better with the addition of Wallace. I don't think the Lakers will be able to sweep the Blazers. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Re: Who's coming out of the west?:
    [QUOTE]When the spurs and c's play the game looks more like an art form. I could live with it.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Yeah, kind of like Rembrandt vs Picasso, heh?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Not sure about the severity of Kobe's ankle, but he says it's the worst sprain he's ever had.  If his mobility is limited in any way, this is big. 

I'm sticking with SA in the west.  LA spanked them last meeting, but I have a hard time seeing LA take 4 games from SA.  Season series right now is 2-1, SA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Is Chandler back for the Mavs?  I like the Mavs chances, but until they beat the Lakers, they're still the underdogs.

"to be the man, you gotta beat the man."

PA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

After the beat down of the Spurs in San Antonio, the Lakers have to be favored in the West. My guess is that boredom has been the biggest factor this year for the Lakers.

The Mavericks and the Spurs have been great this year, but in the play-offs they both have a disadvantage. The Spurs do not match up against the Laker front court as evidenced by the last game, and the Mavericks clutch shooter, Nowinski, disappears under play-off defensive pressure, and the play-off spot light.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

The fact that the Lakers are still high in the west seedings despite being the dominant team for 3 seasons and the reigning back to back champions only goes to show the power of the Lakers when they turn it on. Anyone can play angry, aka boston, but to keep a winning record over such an extended period is massive.

Lakers to 3-peat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]The fact that the Lakers are still high in the west seedings despite being the dominant team for 3 seasons and the reigning back to back champions only goes to show the power of the Lakers when they turn it on. Anyone can play angry, aka boston, but to keep a winning record over such an extended period is massive. Lakers to 3-peat.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Yes, we know.  We've won 8 in a row!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's coming out of the west? : Yes, we know.  We've won 8 in a row!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Actually I meant the last 3 seasons!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's coming out of the west? : Actually I meant the last 3 seasons!

Then why don't you write what you mean?

Actually, in the regular season, I believe the records for both teams are very close..................and the head to head is even!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Barring injury to Gasol or Bynum, the Lakers are the probable western champs.

If the Celtics are healthy, they win the Obrien Trophy.

Celtics in six. It is likely that Perk's defense can be offset by Shaq's and Krstic's offense, and rebounding. KG is also back.

The Lakers will have to play much better defense because they will no longer be able to play 5 on 3 or 5 on 4 in the clutch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Boston does not carry the mantle of being the back to back World Champions and as such does not have the target on their back. We get everyone's best game against us because of being the champs and the standard which all other teams aspire to.

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2010/11/nets_owner_mikhail_prokhorov_s.html

That's why the Lakers record over the last few seasons is far more meritorious than any team, including boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Barring injury to Gasol or Bynum, the Lakers are the probable western champs. If the Celtics are healthy, they win the Obrien Trophy. Celtics in six. It is likely that Perk's defense can be offset by Shaq's and Krstic's offense, and rebounding. KG is also back. The Lakers will have to play much better defense because they will no longer be able to play 5 on 3 or 5 on 4 in the clutch.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

I agree with your assessment only if we get HCA.  If we slip up and lose it, then  my head tells me lakers in 7..........so let's just get the dang HCA!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]Barring injury to Gasol or Bynum, the Lakers are the probable western champs. If the Celtics are healthy, they win the Obrien Trophy. Celtics in six. It is likely that Perk's defense can be offset by Shaq's and Krstic's offense, and rebounding. KG is also back. The Lakers will have to play much better defense because they will no longer be able to play 5 on 3 or 5 on 4 in the clutch.

Really? So rondo has and outside shot now? Sure he has.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

He means Rondo will be on the bench in favor of West or Arroyo....can't believe I had to explain that to you.......oh wait, you're a lakers fan, of course you don't get it!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]After the beat down of the Spurs in San Antonio, the Lakers have to be favored in the West. My guess is that boredom has been the biggest factor this year for the Lakers. The Mavericks and the Spurs have been great this year, but in the play-offs they both have a disadvantage. The Spurs do not match up against the Laker front court as evidenced by the last game, and the Mavericks clutch shooter, Nowinski, disappears under play-off defensive pressure, and the play-off spot light.
    Completely agree with your takes on the Spurs and Mavs. The Spurs will put up a fight, but the Mavs will always be the Mavs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

I would like to say Spurs because they have the best record, but I am leaning toward LA again.  We will have to see how they do down the stretch without/with inj kobe.  Dallas, I see folding in the playoffs as usual.

GO C's!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

hedleylamarr, I agree with Home Court being very important for us.  I am thinking it is more important to us than LA. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Boston does not carry the mantle of being the back to back World Champions and as such does not have the target on their back. We get everyone's best game against us because of being the champs and the standard which all other teams aspire to. http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2010/11/nets_owner_mikhail_prokhorov_s.html That's why the Lakers record over the last few seasons is far more meritorious than any team, including boston.

FAR???  I LOVE lakers fans:

Breakdown
    lakers 2008  57 wins plus 14 in playoffs
    Boston 2008 66 wins plus 16 in playoffs

lakers 2009 65 wins and 16 in playoffs
    Boston 2009  62 wins and 7 in the playoffs

2010 lakers 57 wins and 16 in playoffs
    Boston 50 wins and 15 in playoffs

2011 - both teams 47 wins................FAR meritorious??  I think not!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's coming out of the west? : At least there isn't an egomaniac taking 40+ shots a game. It's 2 teams playing.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Best shooter in the west - Durant

Best point guard in the west - Westbrook

Best player in the west - Kobe

Best powerforward in the west - Gasol

Best center in the west - Bynum

Best coach in the west - Phil

Best bench player in the west - Odom

Spurs jump shooting team, Lakers - play me anyway you want.... Lakers come out of the west....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's coming out of the west? : FAR???  I LOVE lakers fans: Breakdown lakers 2008  57 wins plus 14 in playoffs Boston 2008 66 wins plus 16 in playoffs lakers 2009 65 wins and 16 in playoffs Boston 2009  62 wins and 7 in the playoffs 2010 lakers 57 wins and 16 in playoffs Boston 50 wins and 15 in playoffs 2011 - both teams 47 wins................FAR meritorious??  I think not!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

When you count your win column, you should have put a * next to boston. They play in the weak east. Don't believe it, then count how many titles the east has won since 2000 and count the west.....boom!

Then look at this years seedings. At this moment the 8th seed Indiana is batting .424 in the east. Good enough for 13th in the west!!!

Yea, the Lakers record is far more impressive!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's coming out of the west? : When you count your win column, you should have put a * next to boston. They play in the weak east . Don't believe it, then count how many titles the east has won since 2000 and count the west.....boom! Then look at this years seedings. At this moment the 8th seed Indiana is batting .424 in the east. Good enough for 13th in the west!!! Yea, the Lakers record is far more impressive!

Before you waste more time with Hedleylamarr, take my advice:  Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.