Why Amare to Boston?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

Re: Why Amare to Boston?

I wouldn't make that trade unless they will take back Gerald Wallace. Wouldn't we have more salary next year? I think we can get rid of Lee in a better way then we won't be over the cap next year. Also I think we can get more for Humphries expiring contract also. If we get a pick or Shumpert then that would be another story all together and may be worth it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In the latest version of the proposal, Kris Humphries replaces Lee, while Shumpert is not involved.The Celtics like the idea of Avery Bradley as their shooting guard going forward, and envision the soon-to-be restricted free agent as a $6MM-a-year player. Bradley’s development is why Shumpert is no longer a part of their talks with the Knicks.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/new-york-knicks

Hump is partial to the Knicks or Houston and the Knicks were gonna sign Hump if the C's bought him out this past summer. That didn't happen cause the C's wanted Hump as insurance in case Fav didn't work out. Sounds like with Sully/Oly/Fav able to cover center duties that the C's are now ready to trade Hump.

Hump & Wallace for Amare works but why get locked into one contract for $23MM in 2014-15' when you would only have Wallace due $10MM in 2014-15' and $20MM thru 2016' which is $13MM less next year and $3MM less the following year?

Same story makes note at bottom to the Asik conundrum with the following;

Kevin Pelton of ESPN.com runs down trade possibilities for Rockets center Omer Asik.  Aside from Ryan Anderson, whom colleague Marc Stein says is unlikely to be a match, Pelton suggests Ersan Ilyasova, Paul Millsap, Thaddeus Young and Jeff Green.

I can't see dumping Hump, Bass or Lee (who seems to be out of the doghouse for now) for cap space when you can get a body or a pick for them either individually or grouped.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Yeah good post, but it seems that the emphasis has been to dump WALLACE. I dont think they do this deal just to save 2M in cap space this year. If its Wallace (9) and Hump (12M), then OK.

I get what Danny said about AB, but I still think Shumpart could be useful. He still has two years left on the deal and he just needs a new situation. IMO the kid single handedly beat our Celtics in the playoffs last year. I think if they want Lee, we should take Shump.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

The TPE? Too much Keystone huh? The C's won't use the TPE until July 2014 for a S&T or FA. Using the TPE this year is absolutely ludicrous especially coming from someone who advocates "tanking." Sounds like another FAKIR FUNGUS FLIP-FLOP.

11. This post has been removed.