Why Brad Had To Go Small

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

Re: Why Brad Had To Go Small

is that why jeff green only played 20 minutes? because of his defense? because olynyk and sullinger are lock down defenders? LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fedup13. Show fedup13's posts

i  agree

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

[QUOTE]

is that why jeff green only played 20 minutes? because of his defense? because olynyk and sullinger are lock down defenders? LOL

[/QUOTE]

Jeff Green was lackadaisical.

Oly and Sully are not lock down defenders, but they at least try to play defense.

The score was 48-56, in favor of the Pistons.

Fav was forced to switch on Will Bynum on a pick and roll situation.

But Fav never came out to challenge Bynum when Bynum attempted a shot from 18 feet.

Fav didn't even try to bother Bynum shooting a jumper.

You can't do that!

[/QUOTE]

he's not a finished product, and i'm not saying Fav played well on defense. but olynyk was clearly the worste defensive player on the court and he still got minutes. i'm glad he shined on the offensive end though.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

he's not a finished product, and i'm not saying Fav played well on defense. but olynyk was clearly the worste defensive player on the court and he still got minutes. i'm glad he shined on the offensive end though.

[/QUOTE]

There's a difference.

The Celts drafted Oly because he's one hell of an offensive player.

When the Celts signed Fav, they expect him to rebound the ball, be physical in the paint, block some shots, and play solid defense.

Fav only wants to block shots.

His tendency is to only play defense inside the paint.

He doesn't want to go outside to play defense on smaller players.

Like I said, there's a reason why Brad didn't use the starting Center the whole 4th qtr.

[/QUOTE]

well, good thing he's not making $9.5 M per year like the Jeff Green aka the invisible man.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

This season is about developing young talent! Fav, Sully, and KO will all develop their games! 

Patience Cs fans patience! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

well, good thing he's not making $9.5 M per year like the Jeff Green aka the invisible man.

[/QUOTE]

True.

That's why Ainge only gave 2m per year.

There's a reason why Asik is getting 8.4m per year and Fav is only getting 2m per year.

[/QUOTE]

8.4, that's almost double Asik's scoring average this season LOL... but he isn't a Celtic so why are we talking about him?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This season is about developing young talent! Fav, Sully, and KO will all develop their games! 

Patience Cs fans patience! 

[/QUOTE]

i agree. well idk about Sully, but Fav and KO def look like players to me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Title of thread should be, 'why Brad had to listen to management and lose' !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Brad is trying out differen't player combinations, thats why Fav only played 18 minutes, same reason Sully only played 14 and Green only played 20... so Marshon Brooks played more than he has all season because he's a great defender... this placed is littered with f-tards.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

[QUOTE]

Fav's defense wasn't good.

Tonight's Center Matchup

Fav - 19 mins, 8 pts, 2 rebs, and 1 block

Drummond - 40 mins, 15 pts, 12 rebs, and 2 blocks

[/QUOTE]

If you check the numbers there is actually very little disparity. Drummond's offense was nearly all created by a teammate's driving and passing abilities, not his own.

In twice as many minutes -

Drummond had 2 blocks, Faverani had 1. That's a push. 

Drummond scored 15 to Faverani's 8. That's a push.

To be more precise, Drummond scored 10 points while Faverani was on the floor. Faverani scored 8 points while Drummond was on the floor. Another push.

And to be even more precise, Drummond scored four of his field goals on dump-offs when Faverani rotated to cover for Green, Bass, or Bradley when they were beaten by Smith, Monroe, Bynum, et. al. Faverani stays with Drummond, Drummond never even gets the ball.

I'll give you the rebound margin. But the play-by-play indicates that head-to-head Drummond outrebounded Faverani by only 4 to 2. He got eight when Fav was off the floor.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

Brad is trying out differen't player combinations, thats why Fav only played 18 minutes, same reason Sully only played 14 and Green only played 20... so Marshon Brooks played more than he has all season because he's a great defender... this placed is littered with f-tards.

[/QUOTE]

What???

More excuses from the one that said the CIA crashed 2 planes at the World Trade Center.

HAHAHA

Now Brad is trying out different combinations?

Are you saying Brad tanked that Detroit game?

Fav was playing well on offense.

But Fav didn't rebound and he chose to not play defense on pick and rolls again.

[/QUOTE]

why are you bringing politics into this? do you have an AGENDA???? derp derp derp!! AGENDA he's got an AGENDA!!!! derp!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Fierce, I'm confused. I thought you were the #1 fan of the Fav for Allstar fanclub?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The real reason Brad had to go small was because Avery cannot be the only guard on the floor. He is not a PG. You need Lee, Crawford, Pressey or Brooks out there with him.

The issue is that Stevens goes 'big' because we don't have any true bigs. We are weak at the Center so he's trying to compensate by playing 2 SFs and 2 PFs. 

Its a vicious circle that ends in Rondo's return and a trade for a legit big, either Asik, Alrdidge or both!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

why are you bringing politics into this? do you have an AGENDA???? derp derp derp!! AGENDA he's got an AGENDA!!!! derp!!

[/QUOTE]

It's not politics, it's the mental health of wozzy that's the issue here.

I'm just giving you an example of someone with mental defect.

Who in their right mind would declare Fav better than Asik based on Fav's preseason per 48 minutes versus Asik's regular season per 48 minutes.

And again, the CIA crashed 2 planes at the World Trade Center?

Fact or fiction?

You get it now?

[/QUOTE]

again, why are you bringing politics into a basketball thread. are you denying that 2 planes crashed into the world trade center? who's the crazy one????

why isn't anyone else calling fierce out for trying to instigate a political discussion in a basketball forum? this is two threads now where is trying to bait wozzy into politics. he has an AGENDA!!! AGENDA!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

"Who in their right mind would declare Fav better than Asik based on Fav's preseason per 48 minutes versus Asik's regular season per 48 minutes."

"I said Olynyk for All-Star, not Fav." 

what a hypocritical little weasel you are.