Why do we play so much better at home?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Why do we play so much better at home?

Well, I don't think we played that well.  But, as Hubie Brown has said - "playing at home in the NBA is the biggest advantage in all of pro sports."

ALL the good teams play well at home.  The BEST teams play well on the road, too..............

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Well, I don't think we played that well.  But, as Hubie Brown has said - "playing at home in the NBA is the biggest advantage in all of pro sports."

ALL the good teams play well at home.  The BEST teams play well on the road, too..............

We seem to shoot a lot better at home.

Comfort?  Practice?  Sleeping in your own bed??

All of the above?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

is this a serious question? 

every team plays better at home. They are home, with their fans behind them, where they play the majority of their games each season. No travel, probably slept at home with their families the night before. In every sport, at every level, being at home helps. Hence the term, "Home Field Advantage."

They shoot better bc they know their spots in the arena, know the rims, and feel more comfortable. 

come on.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Kirk it's a valid question and I don't have an answer off the top of my head. 

One thing is I don't think (given injuries) that we are a 4 seed I believe with our current roster we are a 7 or 8. If we had a better road record we would be a 4 seed or so, and that's way too high for our current roster. 

Not that I don't think we can potentially make some noise in the playoffs. 

It just seems to me that when I look at the total won-loss of Chicago, Milwaukee, and Boston that the overall won/loss records of the three teams make sense. 

You are getting at a key point though, with our seeding we have to play better on the road in the playoffs...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

is this a serious question? 

every team plays better at home. They are home, with their fans behind them, where they play the majority of their games each season. No travel, probably slept at home with their families the night before. In every sport, at every level, being at home helps. Hence the term, "Home Field Advantage."

They shoot better bc they know their spots in the arena, know the rims, and feel more comfortable. 

come on.

Not every team is so radically different at home.

Chicago 21-16 at home, 19-17 on the road.

Bucks are 20-19 at home, 16-19 on the road.

Celtics are 26-11 at home, 13-25 on the road.

Huge difference.

I agree with you Kirk.  The Celtics have been horrible on the road this season.  Playoff teams usually have a better road record than the Celtics this year.   The Celtics will have to play better on the road during the playoffs to even win one playoff series.