Why Great Celtic Players are Different

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different

Magic is the greatest!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different:
    [QUOTE]Russell is the greatest.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

I concur!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

You don't think previous NBA greats were not as driven to win as Kobe? That seperates the great players from the good ones. Just listen to Jordan's speech at his induction to the hall of fame.

By the way, Kevin Garnett is NOT a beloved NBA player outside of Boston. And Kobe saying that he had 1 more ring than Shaq was all about Shaq trashing Kobe every chance he had, including his reported rap session in New York. If Shaq is going to talk smack, he'll get it back in return. In the end, it resulted in Shaq putting on the Celtic uni.

Winners are always despised by their opponents. The greater the hatred, the greater the player. Karl Malone was not beloved.

The reason Kobe gets sooo much attention on the Boston blogs has to do with his game, with the Lakers beating Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

After the Lakers defeated the Celtics in 1987 Magic Johnson never said, "That's one more than Larry."

When Michael Jordan won in 1998 he never said, "That's one more than Magic."

Kobe is 1-1 against the Celtics in the Finals. That's one more than zero, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]After the Lakers defeated the Celtics in 1987 Magic Johnson never said, "That's one more than Larry." When Michael Jordan won in 1998 he never said, "That's one more than Magic." Kobe is 1-1 against the Celtics in the Finals. That's one more than zero, right?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

When magic won he never said Larry.....Tell me how my $$$ taste either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : When magic won he never said Larry.....Tell me how my $$$ taste either.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

That's why no matter how much you hate the Lakers you can never say anything bad about Magic Johnson. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

"Wilton Norman Chamberlain, you've got to come out here and play me.  I'll bury this shot all day long." - Sam Jones to Wilt Chamberlain during a game.

"If you want to get to him, you have to go through ME." - chair-holding Bill Russell to Wilt when Wilt tried to get to Red.

"I'm going to catch the ball right here on this spot, turn and shoot right over you, and there's nothing you can do about it." - Larry Bird to Xavier McDaniel

"Which one of you guys is playing for second place?" - Larry Bird to the entire locker room before the first 3 point shooting contest.

Trash talking is part of the game, always has been, always will be!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : That's why no matter how much you hate the Lakers you can never say anything bad about Magic Johnson. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Michael Jackson "made me a better point guard and a better player as I watched him perform".

magic was great, but you wouldn't hear larry bird utter such a crock, regardless of the occassion. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]"Wilton Norman Chamberlain, you've got to come out here and play me.  I'll bury this shot all day long." - Sam Jones to Wilt Chamberlain during a game. "If you want to get to him, you have to go through ME." - chair-holding Bill Russell to Wilt when Wilt tried to get to Red. "I'm going to catch the ball right here on this spot, turn and shoot right over you, and there's nothing you can do about it." - Larry Bird to Xavier McDaniel "Which one of you guys is playing for second place?" - Larry Bird to the entire locker room before the first 3 point shooting contest. Trash talking is part of the game, always has been, always will be!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    At least all those comments had something to do with the sport of basketball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : At least all those comments had something to do with the sport of basketball.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

You're a cancer to your team IS basketball related.  Insensitive?  Yes, but said during a game to get a psychological advantage-  I have no problem with it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : You're a cancer to your team IS basketball related.  Insensitive?  Yes, but said during a game to get a psychological advantage-  I have no problem with it.
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    If that is really what he said, then yes - it is related to basketball.

But c'mon.